British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

it's been a long wait and now for the fans who had faith now have reality.

This venture needs the fans to support it. I take you will be buying a season ticket White Knight as a supporter

I'd certainly consider it but I'd want to see what the racing is like first.

In fact, it's been done. I remember, many years ago, in a televised meeting at Belle Vue, the cameras focussed on a bride in her wedding dress (and presumably husband) sitting in the stands. This was at Hyde Road.

That, if it hasn't been raised, was the 1977 World Best Pairs... a meeting I would love to have on tape (now DVD, of course). In all my years of collecting, I haven't come across footage.

This venture needs the fans to support it. I take you will be buying a season ticket White Knight as a supporter

What - from Sunderland. I'll tell you what - you come and pick me up from Sunderland and I will consider it.

You are the fool if you think there isn't folks on here who hope it fails. Read the thread before making stupid statements.

I've read the thread and not seen one who HOPES it will fail.

I've seen many who THOUGHT it would fail, but there is a difference.

IF there is anyone who genuinely wanted it to fail then they are not a speedway fan.

• Like 3

I've read the thread and not seen one who HOPES it will fail.

I've seen many who THOUGHT it would fail, but there is a difference.

IF there is anyone who genuinely wanted it to fail then they are not a speedway fan.

Most of the knockers on here are not now speedway fans. Some wouldn't even go if the promotion gave them a free season ticket. That's true.

I dont really see how you can be so sure of that.... sounds like you not too happy its going ahead.

Too many doom and gloomers.

I look forward to seeing the progress and finished project - more then just a speedway track remember.

Wrong im not against it but having visited Torun and Gorzow and even some of the lesser stadiums dont even think of it matching them cos it aint gonna happen

Wrong im not against it but having visited Torun and Gorzow and even some of the lesser stadiums dont even think of it matching them cos it aint gonna happen

YOU might just as well argue that the stadiums in Gorzow and Torun are no match for Old Trafford and the Etihad.

Cannot compare the standing of speedway in any British city with speedway in towns like Gorzow and Torun where it is the major sporting attraction and more akin to soccer as we know it.

How are Torun and Gorzow going to produce the next British world Champion? They're in Poland. How are we going to train British kids at Gorzow or Torun? They're never going to match the new National stadium.

Your post is about as silly as saying Wayne Rooney will never be able to play for Cameroon.

• Like 1

Well? As long as they get the track right .....

• Like 1

What is the new facility going to compromise of?

Main track - size?

Training track - size?

What is the new facility going to compromise of?

Main track - size?

Training track - size?

Just 1 track that will be used for training aswell

It's a fairly big track. About 385 meters I think. Someone else will know the exact figure

There will also be a training school for mechanics

• Like 1

Just 1 track that will be used for training aswell

It's a fairly big track. About 385 meters I think. Someone else will know the exact figure

There will also be a training school for mechanics

Thanks again.

I must admit to being disappointed in the lack of smaller training track.

It goes without saying that we all hope it is a great racing track.

I look forward to going up there, tempted to buy a brick now they are getting somewhere, a little lasting momento of my support of speedway :-)

I'm not sure what your point is but even if you are right the result is better than no speedway, which is what would have happened had the council not coughed up.

Our crap crowds will be more than covered by the other income streams the facility will generate and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a contingency to change the use completely to another sport should your enthusiastic prediction come to pass.

I hope you fill the place every week mate and are able to use the venue for concerts and anything else that comes to mind.

No speedway fan want's this to fail and even though I don't go anymore I am a speedway fan.

It seems like people can't discuss this if they bring up all the inconvenient points that speedway is a sport that is dying and not prospering.

Sorry to dent your rosy outlook but have seen many venues fold in my time and many struggle.

I hope BV have a great team and a stadium full of fans but the reality is likely to be different.

It's a lot of risk and a lot of debt for BV.

I wish them well.

• Like 5