British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

These things are tough if you aren't on Facebook. I'll just have to pass on this one. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I don't like Facebook and do not wish to be a Member.

I'm really surprised that you don't like Facebook as there are some great Speedway groups on there that I'm sure you would enjoy. All you have to do is become a member and then join the groups you're interested in.

• Like 2

hyderd,that link doesn't work for me but thanks for posting it. This is the same address but hopefully, this one will work.

https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.800845563322698.1073741831.129552893785305&type=1

I'v just tried it,I copied then pasted it to another search bar then hey presto it worked. it's on the belle vue site though so people can access it from there.

Anyone know what will happen with the bricks everyone has paid for ive emailed Belle Vue but they failed to reply shocking when you think everyone handed over money for something yrs ago and currently have little info

Anyone know what will happen with the bricks everyone has paid for ive emailed Belle Vue but they failed to reply shocking when you think everyone handed over money for something yrs ago and currently have little info

Try getting a life.

Try getting a life.

? was a genuine question take it by your reply you didnt purchase one lol

LATEST from Belle Vue ...

The build effort of the National Speedway Stadium has already crossed the one-month mark and nearly all of the initial earth works have been completed.

Thursday saw the arrival of the mammoth pile driver that, next week, will get to work on the initial stages of the foundations of the Main Grandstand.
Deep excavations are set to commence on Monday while ground preparation of the South Stand, which features the state-of-the-art acoustic barrier, will also begin.
And astroturf from the former hockey pitches has started to be removed from the site, but since ISG are such firm believers in recycling it will be sent to one of the local Cricket Clubs in Manchester.

Is it being built by Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble? :rofl::P

I didn't. You were told they would be used in construction in a viewable position, so why not follow the project and see where they are. Construction has only just started.

If you go to the link I posted previously, https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.800845563322698.1073741831.129552893785305&type=1 and read the comments you will see that Belle Vue have said that details will be provided when building has progressed to a relevant stage. Pretty much as Tsunami has suggested.

• Like 1

Any [progress on the new place yet ?

Any [progress on the new place yet ?

Yes.

Yes.

Come on then TWK Spill !!

Come on then TWK Spill !!

Things are moving forward. I receive an e-mail from Belle Vue with updates. I'm not going to go in to the Building Progress because I don't know a lot about Building Terms - but - rest assured - things are moving forward.

Things are moving forward. I receive an e-mail from Belle Vue with updates. I'm not going to go in to the Building Progress because I don't know a lot about Building Terms - but - rest assured - things are moving forward.

Ok .thanks for that . I didn't really know if they had actually started . but good to know it's game on finally . look forward to seeing some progress later in the summer

something positive at last . but with speedway's recent track record I cant help but think ,how will they manage to F##k this up ?

The building of the stadium and the basketball arena are well underway so there's no problem there....my doubts are whether it will be ready for the start of next season seeing how long the FC United stadium has been under construction meaning they are still ground sharing when they were expecting to be in there ages ago....stadiums take a long time so I hope it's ready for the next season but I think it's a tight deadline.

The building of the stadium and the basketball arena are well underway so there's no problem there....my doubts are whether it will be ready for the start of next season seeing how long the FC United stadium has been under construction meaning they are still ground sharing when they were expecting to be in there ages ago....stadiums take a long time so I hope it's ready for the next season but I think it's a tight deadline.

How long did it take Leicester and Newport? (the only two "stadiums" that have been built in the last 15ish years). I'm sure Newport went up in about 6 months. They have 12 months for this one so no need to panic yet!