British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

The Speedway Star don't want to rock the boat. A bland, propaganda magazine for the powers that be. I stopped reading it a long time ago.

Edited by burrito
  • Like 3

I`m sure Speedway Star would love to tell all, thing is there may be the chance of legal action either on going or pending, for that reason its probably best to say little or nothing. On a positive note I think we will see Premiership speedway at the NSS next season and hopefully for many seasons to come.

• Like 3

While I would agree with Mr Rising that now is not the time to be dishing any dirt on Belle Vue or the NSS, I also think that when the time comes you can be sure it will avoid being too critical of the BSPA.
In my opinion a bomb under the BSPA, or at least certain factions of it, is well overdue.

• Like 2

HAVE been plenty critical of the BSPA, which is why we have such a fractured relationship with them as a body, but they take as much notice as they do the bsf.

• Like 2

HAVE been plenty critical of the BSPA, which is why we have such a fractured relationship with them as a body, but they take as much notice as they do the bsf.

I don't think it matters how much notice they take - although if you do have a 'fractured relationship' maybe they take more notice than you think.

I'd say some of the criticism of the Star is harsh and certainly wouldn't say it is a cipher or mouthpiece for the BSPA. Sometimes, though, I get the impression that it turns a blind eye to the abuses that exist rather than confronting them head on.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

... this isn't the time for upsetting the applecart at Belle Vue...

The BSPA & SCB will forever now be known as "The Applecart". Maybe that rebranding will be part of the sweeping changes due in January? Or won't it? How will we ever know? The prime information source won't disseminate the information on the matter. Does the publishing house that owns Speedway Star also have sister publications that rely on working relationships with the International Olympic Committee and FIFA? Is colaborating with the corrupt and incompetent indemic in the DNA there?

Whilst on the fruit'n'veg theme, maybe Speedway Star can also report that another part of the sweeping changes due in January will be that fans will forever be rebranded as "Mushrooms". Something that we've been treated as for a dogs age in fact if not in name.

This is the sort of thing that needs some really good investigative journalism to happen, for some incisive digging into what the story is, to find out what really happened, what the reasons are and if necessary, where the blame lies. There needs to be more than whispers in internet forums about what is on good authority, and there needs to be more than just copying and pasting BSPA press releases. Speedway Star ought to be doing a big splash on what has happened at Belle Vue, and the truth needs to be delivered to the public, many of which have paid money in the form of the "buy a brick" scheme, and who deserve to know.

Time shouldn't tell. Speedway Star should tell. If there is a fundamental change in the organisation of the sport at the highest level, the fans should be told. Imagine there being a cabinet reshuffle and the mainstream press not reporting on it. That wouldn't happen and nor should the silence be maintained over what's happening at the SCB. The fans will want to know. What's new? What's changing? Who will be doing the string pulling? What will be the new relationship between the SCB and the BSPA? What does it all mean to the speedway that the fans see next season? Done properly, this could fill 2-4 pages, and could be a very good read. Done as normal, nothing will be put into print until the press release is copied and pasted, which will be well into 2017, and will tow the party line in its entirity AGAIN.

As you demanded with the Birmingham Elite League fiasco? - Not!

"Whilst on the fruit'n'veg theme" - No mention of nuts then?

Edited by Whisperer
  • Like 2

They must have exceedingly thin skin if they take exception to the mild criticisms that occur on rare occasions in the Star.

• Like 2

They must have exceedingly thin skin if they take exception to the mild criticisms that occur on rare occasions in the Star.

THEY have :neutral:

I feel that there is a lot more yet to be made public re the goings on in 2016.

The most important thing is to secure new promoters for 2017 and it seems that the Council and The BSPA are working towards that.

Equally so there is a lot to be shown as either truth or fiction regards much of the comments on this site.

Edited by Gunner85

I feel that there is a lot more yet to be made public re the goings on in 2016.

The most important thing is to secure new promoters for 2017 and it seems that the Council and The BSPA are working towards that.

Equally so there is a lot to be shown as either truth or fiction regards much of the comments on this site.

WHICH will no doubt come out in the wash once the immediate future of the Aces is secured.

From what I am hearing the team that has been mentioned on a few posts here looks pretty accurate

• Like 2

Glad to hear things are moving forward, and the team sounds like it wont simply be leftovers after all the others have had their pickings.

THEY have :neutral:

Well, I hope that the full unexpurgated story will be told when the future of Belle Vue is secured.

People who care for the Club have a right to know the truth - after all - this experience could have cost them their Club.

• Like 1