British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

It's a notice (piece of paper) stuck to a fence at the site, stating that the planning application is being made.

Oh!

Thanks BW. :t::) :)

The Planning Application has been updated.

Actual Committee Date: 11th September 2014

Basically, the application will be on the agenda for decision at the Planning & Committee Meeting on Thursday 11th September 2014. Other info (not on Planning Section) states a start date of January 2015 for completion March 2016.

• Like 2

Basically, the application will be on the agenda for decision at the Planning & Committee Meeting on Thursday 11th September 2014. Other info (not on Planning Section) states a start date of January 2015 for completion March 2016.

Brilliant news! :t:

Now all we need is a team!!!

Now this is news. No pictures in a library!

Excellent - slowly but surely we are getting there.

and when we do get there i expect a series of apologetic postings from certain individuals

• Like 2

and when we do get there i expect a series of apologetic postings from certain individuals

What for? Even when it happens it won't change the fact the PR has been a shambles from day 1.

What for? Even when it happens it won't change the fact the PR has been a shambles from day 1.

Regardless of that, there have been plenty on here hoping the stadium didn't get built. And they call themselves speedway fans. :mad:

• Like 3

Regardless of that, there have been plenty on here hoping the stadium didn't get built. And they call themselves speedway fans. :mad:

Well said Tsunami.

There seem to be quite a lot like that. I am really surprised at the way some so called Speedway Supporters have reacted over this new Stadium.

PR not great I agree BUT shouldn't we ALL in Speedway be celebrating the fact that the iconic Belle Vue are getting a new Stadium which will be used for the NATIONAL benefit as well.

This could well help England to get back to something like International Competitors, unlike the 'also rans' we are at present.

Come on the 'Aces'.

• Like 2

Well said Tsunami.

There seem to be quite a lot like that. I am really surprised at the way some so called Speedway Supporters have reacted over this new Stadium.

PR not great I agree BUT shouldn't we ALL in Speedway be celebrating the fact that the iconic Belle Vue are getting a new Stadium which will be used for the NATIONAL benefit as well.

This could well help England to get back to something like International Competitors, unlike the 'also rans' we are at present.

Come on the 'Aces'.

Still looking forward to buying you a beer on that first night (or second night) TWK!

• Like 1

Still looking forward to buying you a beer on that first night (or second night) TWK!

I might hold you to that Ray. ;):) :)

• Like 1

All I have even seen is people not thinking it would not happen and given the track record of the people running it who could blame them . Never seen any post from anyone saying that they hoped that the stadium would not be built

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Far too many cynics on here.

orion - I agree I don't think anyone has actually said they HOPE the new Stadium goes belly up - BUT - reading some of the Posts on here that is definitely the very strong impression I have formed. I am obviously not alone in this.

There are also those who also seem to delight in bringing any bad News on here - another very strong impression - yet again.

I will rejoice when the Stadium opens. At least part of my rejoicing will be because of the egg on the faces of some on here.

• Like 1