British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

They'd put temporary stands on the back straight and bends in increase capacity for such an event.

Yes - I forgot about that - I'm sure I read about that somewhere BW.

Will be about 12 thousand+ with temp art stands

They'd put temporary stands on the back straight and bends to increase capacity for such an event.

I think 6,024 is the total capacity.

Grandstand: 1,842 seats
South stand: 3,248 standing
North eastern and western: 508 and 426 standing

There doesn't look to be much space for additional temporary stands.

http://www.publicaccess.manchester.gov.uk/associateddocs/selecteddoc.aspx?106133-dsp-0001.pdf

That's not what was hyped when they had the big fanfare about them hosting the World Cup Final there..

Yes they stated that it would have temp art stands taking it to double the capacity. So will be interesting if that happens.

I did notice though somewhere that it changed to elite league standard stadium

Yes they stated that it would have temp art stands taking it to double the capacity. So will be interesting if that happens.

I did notice though somewhere that it changed to elite league standard stadium

They also said it would have unlimited track access, now its just a few 2 hour sessions per week

I would have though unlimited track access would be obviously a no no from the start, what with residential houses so near. If they said that either something was going to be in place that eventually was not in the final submission ie more sound deadening measures.

My favourite quote:

Belle Vue Aces who compete at a national level and will act as a catalyst for the success of the other sporting facilities created.

Don't think they can have seen Belle Vue or the British 'Elite' League recently.

Looks good to me, the objections are predictable, but small in number. From my experience (I've sat on planning cttes on and off for 25 years, two of which have dealt with major stadium applications.)

Tactically the best thing to do is understand that the objectors concerns are reasonable and explain that that is why the report goes into great detail over noise mitigation and traffic management measures, and that appropriate conditions are attached to protect their interests.

I'm sure spectators will be delighted to see that a 'dust minimisation plan' is required - what about rain minimisation?

I'm sure spectators will be delighted to see that a 'dust minimisation plan' is required - what about rain minimisation?

Put a sliding roof on it, which will mean a structure all around, more seating, that structure will help deaden the sound, so then you would be able to have unlimited track testing.

Simples, four concerns sorted in one go . ie rain, more seats, less sound, more track time.

Now whose got the money?

Does anyone really believe this will ever get built/.

Now whose got the money?

Pie in the sky dreams, for a promised stadium that'll soon have no fans to frequent it.

All that money spent on roofing etc... but, still, they'll be able to save some, on having no need for turnstiles.

They did not open the turnstiles at lakeside on Monday, all the money was taken at the side gate. This is a trend I can see catching on!.

• Like 1

If the stadium ever gets off the ground. Then if it is as said going to be the national stadium it should be along the same lines as Cardiff. Full all round seating with a retractable roof. No if's no buts. You can't ask for anything less.

When you look at the Polish Stadiums it makes ours look terribly Micky Mouse.

So if they are going to build it then get it right first time around. Lets put British Speedway into a new era. Lets do away with these old outdated dog track type stadium and build something to draw the fans in.