British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

So are everyone's Phil, mine included. People are allowed opinions that are contrary to yours without it being slating or moaning. Being doubtful that something will happen is a world away from hoping it doesn't despite what a few wallies on here will have you believe.

Eh, I'm glad of the haters. Haters are there to be proved wrong.

I just feel there is some unfair criticism. Yes it's taken far to long since the first announcement but remember it was the MEN thst leaked the stadium news. Belle vue wanted it kept quiet for a few years. The MEN really didd'nt help David Gordon and they didd'nt help yesterday. David Gordon was furious again with them yesterday

Eh, I'm glad of the haters. Haters are there to be proved wrong.

Some people must have very sad lives.

I just can't understand those who want to whinge and moan, and revel in gloom and doom. There are actually people on here who seem to have taken delight in watching the likes of Exeter, Reading and Oxford close, and are still getting their kicks out of potential threats to Coventry and Mildenhall.

On the plus side it must really hurt them to see that some of the best speedway racing today is seen at new built stadiums like Scunthorpe and Somerset, whilst the newly build Leicester is an excellent facility which just needs track alterations so that the quality of racing can match the quality of the stadium.

A yes vote from Manchester council this afternoon will see another little part of these sad cases die.

• Like 3

I do laugh at being called a hater an then having people like DaC coming on here and mocking. I'm just glad I didn't make plans for the 2013 SWC final at the stadium which DIDNT HAPPEN! So us "haters" and whatever else people want to call us were right.

Also, GP's were mentioned 3 years ago. I see thats already being rubbished by the non-haters. So again, we were cycnical and it doesn't look like happening now.

Edited by SCB

I do laugh at being called a hater an then having people like DaC coming on here and mocking. I'm just glad I didn't make plans for the 2013 SWC final at the stadium which DIDNT HAPPEN! So us "haters" and whatever else people want to call us were right.

Also, GP's were mentioned 3 years ago. I see thats already being rubbished by the non-haters. So again, we were cycnical and it doesn't look like happening now.

Haters gonna hate is just a saying mate. No malice intended

***BREAKING NEWS***

Stadium officially been approved. All systems go.

Massive congratulations to David Gordon and chris morton

• Like 6

What we looking at now Phil, is it 2016 or longer, hoping its 2016 then we can get the SWC back home where it belongs about time we had it as well.

What we looking at now Phil, is it 2016 or longer, hoping its 2016 then we can get the SWC back home where it belongs about time we had it as well.

2016 is the target. But any appeals could slow that up. But it was unanimous decision apparently so should be no appeals.

• Like 1

I cannot understand the negativity around this stadium....I think it comes from the naming of it as the National Speedway Stadium which was a mistake probably...but a lot of people seemed to want it to fail for some reason..

I am naturally a bit of a cynic and pessimist but for a good while now I genuinely expected this to happen and I am not expecting Wembley or the Etihad but a nice little stadium with good viewing , a nice race track and decent eating and drinking facilities will be great and surely everybody would agree with that....

FC United are opening their stadium soon with a 5000 capacity....Salford's RL stadium took ages to get approved and built but is there now....Curzon Ashton' s new ground is a lovely little ground....none are massive....none will probably rival the new Polish stadiums but they are neat and tidy and more importantly....built !

I will go to the new stadium , and I haven't been to speedway in England for about 15 years and I know plenty more will....they won't all come back but some will and that can only be positive........it then needs the rest of speedway to get its act in order and that might be the hard part.

• Like 2

I think it comes from the naming of it as the National Speedway Stadium which was a mistake probably..

It's not the naming that's a mistake. It's people misunderstanding it.

After all, the England football team play their home matches at Wembley, not at the National Football Centre in Burton-on-Trent

The British Open Tennis is played at Wimbledon, not at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton.

So why would anyone think that the National Speedway Stadium should only be something which must rival the Cardiff G.P.?

What we will have is a state-of-the-art stadium which is more than adequate to host the largest EL crowds; with National training facilities, track-based, classroom-based, and workshop based; access to a massive sports science institute being built just a mile down the road; and capability to be temporarily expanded to host a world cup crowd.

It's not meant to take the British G.P. away from Cardiff any more that St.George's Park is meant to take the England football matches away from Wembley.

We should celebrate safeguarding the future of a historic club that had no future at its current base, and developing something modern for training future British riders.

Now, where can we move onto for the next project to upgrade to a moden stadium in a city centre location? if Belle Vue can do it why can't another club...

• Like 4

After all, the England football team play their home matches at Wembley, not at the National Football Centre in Burton-on-Trent

The British Open Tennis is played at Wimbledon, not at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton.

So why would anyone think that the National Speedway Stadium should only be something which must rival the Cardiff G.P.?

What we will have is a state-of-the-art stadium which is more than adequate to host the largest EL crowds; with National training facilities, track-based, classroom-based, and workshop based; access to a massive sports science institute being built just a mile down the road; and capability to be temporarily expanded to host a world cup crowd.

It's not meant to take the British G.P. away from Cardiff any more that St.George's Park is meant to take the England football matches away from Wembley.

We should celebrate safeguarding the future of a historic club that had no future at its current base, and developing something modern for training future British riders.

Now, where can we move onto for the next project to upgrade to a moden stadium in a city centre location? if Belle Vue can do it why can't another club...

So why were we told it would host the SWC in 2013 and 2015 and they were looking to have a GP there? It's not us that got it wrong but the clubs statements.

Well if creates misunderstandings, then it's the wrong name.

I can erm.. understand why it was touted as national speedway stadium in order to get political support behind it, but it can't really be claimed that a stadium with a 5,000 capacity in the north of England is a national one. Yes, I'm aware Wembley is in the south, but at least it's the biggest stadium in the country and located in the capital city.

Ideally there would be a couple of speedway centres to host prestige events and training camps - one in the north, and maybe one at Coventry, if Coventry doesn't end up as a housing estate.

What can I say - for once I am stumped.

I AM ABSOLUTELY BLOODY DELIGHTED!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO DAVE GORDON AND CHRIS MORTON!!!!

Sorry for all the caps - but I am over the moon.

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

• Like 5

Here we go. :mad: :mad: :mad:

What have you got against the North? Is it that as we are North of Watford Gap we don't matter. This WILL be the only Stadium in the Country that can be called a National Stadium as it will be the BEST purpose built Speedway Stadium in the Country.

Until the South build one bigger/better - I would keep quiet about the North.

Honestly. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well if creates misunderstandings, then it's the wrong name.

So the FA National training centre at Burton has the wrong name? The National Tennis centre at Roehampton has the wrong name?