British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Adder

Swindon V Leicester 05/06/2014

Just seen this, as now on website.

The dropping and replacement must be from tomorrow, other wise they would not be allowed to use Joe as his place on the list is below Tom, which is allowed, but above Josh, which is not allowed.

Yes , you're right, website does say Jacobs in for Perry, not Bates, so the change must be after tomorrows meeting.

• Like 2

ITV has just given a sunny day forecast for tomorrow at Swindon :party:

Except Blunsdon Hill, where there will be heavy showers! The last time I saw Leicester at Swindon Ray Wilson was riding for them,(excellent rider)battling against the likes of Briggo, Ashby, Kilby, Broady, Keener, Hitchy, Munday, Dukey, must have been about 1970.

With so many ex-Robins in the line-up might be closer than expected, Mads could get 15 or 6....48-42 to the Rosco Rampant Rockin Ones.

Latest MET Office forecast ...sunny all day :lol:

Edited by Whiplash Willie
  • Like 1

Yes , you're right, website does say Jacobs in for Perry, not Bates, so the change must be after tomorrows meeting.

JJ is guesting for Bates as he is riding for Shefffield.....

How can he be guesting in place of Josh Bates as he is higher in the draft than Bates & the guest has to be the same or lower?

How can he be guesting in place of Josh Bates as he is higher in the draft than Bates & the guest has to be the same or lower?

Must admit that baffles me too. Bates is 2 places lower. :shock:

Must admit that baffles me too. Bates is 2 places lower. :shock:

See my post number 17.

Maybe JJ and JB are guesting in theory for Perry till declaration sorted. The press release does say subject to BSPA approval so not fully declared yet

See my post number 17.

See my post number 17.

Didn't see that

Was going to take in a fair few tracks this year on the bike but because of the weather avnt got round to it yet.it's supposed to be nice tomorrow so it's either into Wales or through the Cotswolds and onto blunsdon for this meeting.last couple of visits have been disappointing but I'm finding that I keep making excuses to miss meetings.il sleep on it and decide tomorrow but I'm worried I'm becoming an armchair fan!

Weather bright sunshine and a bit windy so the track should be ok. Forecast of sun for the rest of the day.

• Like 1

Should be fine the weather this evening, any showers that shoot up this afternoon should be brief, isolated and pose no threat to this meeting. Dry, sunny, cooling down from 5pm thereafter... Perfect for Speedway!!

I thought bates wasn't allowed to sign for a team and could only be used as a guest? Bit harsh on swindon if he can sign for another team.

• Like 1

I thought bates wasn't allowed to sign for a team and could only be used as a guest? Bit harsh on swindon if he can sign for another team.

He was taken off the draft list until end of May and now has been re-introduced so is perfectly fine.

Whilst i`m not in agreement with riders putting and pulling themselves off the list to suit in this instance it is only good for the Draft that the current U19 British Champion is on it and able to push is career onwards.

It would be crazy to bar him from the list for this season.

As for Swindon, of course they were inconvenienced by Josh wanting to secure his PL place first and foremost, however he still wouldnt be able to give Swindon first option because he still rides for a same night track!

Not harsh ..the bottom line is Swindon choose to let him ride elsewhere .