British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Adder

Swindon V Leicester 05/06/2014

Well done to the Robins as that was a great win with only 5 riders & there was some good racing as well.

Hope Dak & Nathan are not too badly injured as well.

What was the final score though. You could banter back and forth all night about heat 13, but whoever has the racing line takes it and ny the sounds of that. It sounds like PK bust forward and bumped into Doyle, what could have been worse was if both of them had been thrown off the bikes, and that would have had far worse consiquenses than a bump up his back end.

Fair enough & strange that PK wasn't excluded.

Swindon A 3-0 Swindon B

Hope the 3 injured riders are OK and Killer after his tumble

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

Enjoy that a very good heat 15 ...not sure how Swindon can carry on with crowds like that thou there were 600 at best. Half what they were getting a few years back

Jeez, that was dull. Most heats won from the gate and I counted six passes all night, which included two in the same race where Klindt went from first to last.

Obviously, injuries can't be helped, but the presentation is so stale and there was absolutely no atmosphere.

As Orion said, terrible crowd tonight, probably the worst of the season.

• Like 2

Looked like he left him nowhere to go but I stand corrected.

Doyle knew exactly what he was doing and took him as far as he could..left him high and dry and i was stood about 25 feet away...looks like he was gunning for Troy and assumed PK was him! Total intent imo

• Like 2

Except Blunsdon Hill, where there will be heavy showers! The last time I saw Leicester at Swindon Ray Wilson was riding for them,(excellent rider)battling against the likes of Briggo, Ashby, Kilby, Broady, Keener, Hitchy, Munday, Dukey, must have been about 1970.

With so many ex-Robins in the line-up might be closer than expected, Mads could get 15 or 6....48-42 to the Rosco Rampant Rockin Ones.

Latest MET Office forecast ...sunny all day :lol:

Not far out. Thought it was an excellent meeting, thrills and spills, and superb win for 5-man Swindon. Well done especially to Gusto and Worrall, and pity Doyley isn't still riding for Swindon. Robins missed Morra, and Leicester missed Steady. Good to see old fav Geoff Bouchard and Darryl Ritchings there. Thought the crowd of around 1000 was very poor on what was a decent evening, and this must be a major cause for concern. Cant carry on in the EL with those sort of attendances!

Doyle was ahead in 13 in quite rightly headed for the fence, where the dirt was. PK tried going round him but hit the dirt up against the fence and either caught his foot rest in the fence or lifted off a bit before landing with the front wheel going the wrong way and flying over the handle bars. If you were 25 feet away, a majority of your view would surely be obscured by the air fence. No fault of Doyle for me, surprised PK wasn't excluded.

Another night where it would have been highly embarrassing if you were unfortunate enough to be bringing new people to the sport along. Achingly dull. Crap racing in the most part. Decent show from Simon, great 1st lap heat 15. Klindt showing why he was dropped, would be so frustrating to hatch him every week. Actually being there, he didn't have an EF in his second ride, just royally ballsed it up.

Decent win considering our situation. Hope all the boys aren't too badly hurt.

Another night where it would have been highly embarrassing if you were unfortunate enough to be bringing new people to the sport along. Achingly dull. Crap racing in the most part. .

Good grief,what you considered to be crap racing would be manna from heaven at Leicester believe me..........more passing tonight than we see all season at Beaumont Park!
  • Like 2

Heat 13, unsatisfactory start announced as the reason race stopped..

Now, obviously PK ditched it behind Doyley, I mean caught footrest/handlebar in the air fence, but was the actual reason the starting gate not rising equally both sides? The PK incident was exiting turn 2, that's quite well into the race to be pulled back for unsatisfactory start......

I dont know what Simon Gustafsson has done,but from being soooooooo slow,nows he the complete opposite!!!.The Swindon track wasnt that easy to pass on tonight ,and i havnt actually seen Simon do a lot of passing in past seasons but fair play to him for a super effort to get the better of Bjerre to win a race from the back.Also his ride in heat 15 kept Doyle thinking for the entire race.Does anyone know if hes had a change of tuner,as his bikes are looking super quick?But also his racing style has changed on the bike,and hes prepared to try diff lines and to pass people,maybe Henkas had a quite word with Rosco ,but whatever it is im pleased .

• Like 1

I dont know what Simon Gustafsson has done,but from being soooooooo slow,nows he the complete opposite!!!.The Swindon track wasnt that easy to pass on tonight ,and i havnt actually seen Simon do a lot of passing in past seasons but fair play to him for a super effort to get the better of Bjerre to win a race from the back.Also his ride in heat 15 kept Doyle thinking for the entire race.Does anyone know if hes had a change of tuner,as his bikes are looking super quick?But also his racing style has changed on the bike,and hes prepared to try diff lines and to pass people,maybe Henkas had a quite word with Rosco ,but whatever it is im pleased .

No need to look under the hood, have a look under the lid....

Looked like he left him nowhere to go but I stand corrected.

Was on the first bend was Doyley looking for Batch? was a tough move and i feared for PK a nasty spill.

Enjoy that a very good heat 15 ...not sure how Swindon can carry on with crowds like that thou there were 600 at best. Half what they were getting a few years back

800 to 900 maybe Orion? certainly more than the Eastbourne match just. Edited by sidney

Surely not!! According to Drop a cog, stevebrum et all, the crowds are up and the future looks bright for British speedway with the introduction of the draft system. :rolleyes:

It's all very well investing in the future but you need to ensure that you have a future!

• Like 1

Agree with many of the comments - crowd was dismal and the production just gets more tired and embarassing by the week.

Between the massive gaps in racing for the injuries - spent half the time wondering "what am i doing here?" - the atmosphere was as bad as the tatty old stadium and processional strung out races.

Shouldnt have been surprised as it looked a pretty poor affair on paper albeit a couple of popular Robins assets amongst the lions.

Not surprised many stayed away - the home straight being as quiet as I can remember.

Many heats (even before the injuries) really just premier league strength races at best. £17 a rip off for that.

In terms of the riders:

PK seems to have lost his early season zip. Not looking quite like a number 1 at the moment.

Simon's form is excellent and now riding above his average. One of the few bright spots as well as the 7 rides from Stevie W.

Thought that Klindt had a good go in his races and don't agree with any negative comments made about his performance. At least he was trying 100% in his second race !

And the format:

Races continue to be predictable with too many 5-1's and also too many repeated match-ups. Not a fan of the new heat format even if I do support the fast-track idea in principle (needs some adapting next year).

Left early, and not in any hurry to attend the next meeting !!