British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Adder

Swindon V Leicester 05/06/2014

If Aces fans had shown the Colts a bit more support then you would have your own home grown belting reserves this year. I don't know who out of the current crop would be BV assets but Steve and Graham do a fantastic unsung job with the youngsrers up there but the yiungsters have to see possibilties of progession which the draft will give them sadly otherwise they will go elsewhere

I agree the fans can only blame themselves for the demise of the Colts. If the losses had been less then the promotion would probably have carried on.

As to having had good reserves if the Colts had continued, not so sure. Garrett was an asset but had issues and went to Rye House, Howarth was already a Poole asset from their Bournemouth days and there wasn't really anyone else who has progressed unless I've forgotten someone. May have discovered someone if we had continued though, who knows.

Edited by Aces51

Don't think it's really that ..the Moment Leigh Adams left the crowds dropped and have never pick up bar the odd match since ...The crowds being poor have not just been this season .

Not sure we will see a rider that would have such an effect on a club as Adams had .

Absolutely correct as it lost so much when Leigh retired for me.

You forgot Leonard Raba...he really was rabbish :wink: Agree since Leigh went the crowds have gone down, perhaps they lost a few hundred last year when riders weren't trying because of non-payment. If Poole are there on a warm summer's evening a big crowd is guaranteed. The riders you mentioned were Swindon through and through, and they don't appear to have a top rider like that now who the crowd can warm to.

Leonard could gate for fun Willy but sometimes he forgot to turn left, no seriously i would go to work then go just to watch Adams what a treat total class really and EVERY WEEK he did it for us.!
  • Like 1

Absolutely correct as it lost so much when Leigh retired for me.

Leonard could gate for fun Willy but sometimes he forgot to turn left, no seriously i would go to work then go just to watch Adams what a treat total class really and EVERY WEEK he did it for us.!

There was not much better than Leigh and Lee or Leigh and Zagar racing together.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 3

There was not much better than Leigh and Lee or Leigh and Zagar racing as a pairing.

Leigh i think "ORLOV "was great in his team riding of James Wright and David Ruud.I can't wait to see his son Declan ride i hope so and Leigh can help and return i hope his lad is a success hard to follow his old man though.

Leigh i think "ORLOV "was great in his team riding of James Wright and David Ruud.I can't wait to see his son Declan ride i hope so and Leigh can help and return i hope his lad is a success hard to follow his old man though.

Lets hope Swindon have a track for Declan to ride on when that time hopefully comes.

Five pints in a couple of hours? :shock: I bet you miss half of the racing anyway going backwards and forwards all night to the bogs on the back straight. :lol:

Given the way meetings are strung out these days with big delays between several heats I have plenty of time to ensure my trips to the bar and the bogs don't impinge on my viewing of the racing.

I certainly don't frequent the bogs on the backstraight though. I'm not that brave!!

• Like 1