British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Eastbourne V Belle Vue 7/6

With Woodward, zagar and cook on GP duty this weekend, does anyone have any early team news for this meeting.

Looking at the forecast for friday and saturday down here will be lucky if the meeting is on! Still wait and see how it pans out!

Looking at the forecast for friday and saturday down here will be lucky if the meeting is on! Still wait and see how it pans out!

the Eastbourne programme on Saturday said they did not want any fans posting weather forecasts on certain forums. If uncle bob sees this, you might get into trouble!!!

Well I'm making the trio down even though there is a massive weather risk

I think it will be off personally

I better stay away from uncle bob and his tractor

Guest max316

With Woodward, zagar and cook on GP duty this weekend, does anyone have any early team news for this meeting.

Simon Gustafsson in for woody.

I think the programme had it right with their weather comments. I have been following the Met Office for a couple of days and it seems we will have a decent run after todays rain with a risk of a thunderstorm on Saturday but clear skies Saturday night.

No reason to make pessimistic forecasts and no reason to question it taking place.

Looking forward to it, if Scotty rides like the first fixture they will give us a challenge, Have not seen him that good for years.

Sorry to say this but i m o Saturday nights no longer gel with British speedway out of all your meetings you have faced only one full strength team this season.This cant be good for the home fans watching weakened teams every meeting and its also not fair on the rest of the league as there is not much chance of you getting beat at home riding against depleated teams every week.I dont know is it affecting the gates as missing visiting top riders(Andersen ,Harris Kildemand and Zagar etc) most meetings cant be good for trade.Dont get me wrong i really miss my Saturday nights at Belle vue but the way things are now i would not want to swap back.

For as long as Eastbourne ride Saturday nights. Thing is, they get the double the crowd they would get on a week day night despite the lack of no 1 firepower in the opposition.

Bet365 have got a new book on the tired clichéd posts on this thread

1/3 'Bobs tractor going round & round'

4/9 'One pass all evening'

8/13 ''Grading favouring the home side etc etc'

4/5 ' Pitiful crowd '

Evens ' Eastbourne should go Premier League'

• Like 4

the Eastbourne programme on Saturday said they did not want any fans posting weather forecasts on certain forums. If uncle bob sees this, you might get into trouble!!!

You have to remember Bobs doing us a favour allowing us to attend, everything wrong with the Eastbourne club is usually down to us fans, internet nerds or words to that effect he once called us.

• Like 1

..........internet nerds or words to that effect he once called us.

I think that was Jon Cook........

For as long as Eastbourne ride Saturday nights. Thing is, they get the double the crowd they would get on a week day night despite the lack of no 1 firepower in the opposition.

Yes, it doesn't please me very much that we face weakened opposition but I like speedway and some is better than none at all. Would the serial Eastbourne bashers on here prefer that Eastbourne exited the Elite league, or even speedway altogether? I can't see how that would improve things. With the amount of knocking on this forum I think some folks on here would just prefer it if Poole, Coventry, Swindon and Wolverhampton made up the Elite league....that way you can have all the top riders and race each other half dozen times a year.....maybe you'd be happy then??(Ooops, sorry, Coventry are never happy.......)

• Like 2

It was Bob Dugard, Jon Cook had left by then. it was at the annual H&S briefing for staff followed by the usual pre season forum. You may also remember that day Bob took over the previously independent supporters club and put Dennis Issacs in charge of it. You might remember that well. ;)

Lol no doubt he will be chasing after me on his tractor!

• Like 1

It was Bob Dugard, Jon Cook had left by then. it was at the annual H&S briefing for staff followed by the usual pre season forum. You may also remember that day Bob took over the previously independent supporters club and put Dennis Issacs in charge of it. You might remember that well. ;)

I think it was a year or two earlier when Jon called us 'The scurge that is the internet'

Re the Saturday thing, we have no choice, midweek was tried a few years back and crowds were even worse.

Bob has said we will not go Premier League, I guess he has his reasons for that.

With this one, I dont see that it makes much difference as BV will have a facility and very often that can make teams stronger at Arlo if the get the right guest.

Oh, and the only cheer/round of applause I heared before heat 15 was after the 2 minutes silence for Simmo

Edited by stevec

I think it was a year or two earlier when Jon called us 'The scurge that is the internet'

Re the Saturday thing, we have no choice, midweek was tried a few years back and crowds were even worse.

Bob has said we will not go Premier League, I guess he has his reasons for that.

With this one, I dont see that it makes much difference as BV will have a facility and very often that can make teams stronger at Arlo if the get the right guest.

Oh, and the only cheer/round of applause I heared before heat 15 was after the 2 minutes silence for Simmo

I sat in the meeting, it was Dugard but not worth an arguement. Jon Cook left in 2006 8 years ago doesn't seem that long

Edited by goldeneagle