British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Wolves 6th June 2014

Its not possible if the team total with MJJ is now over 32 points for the 1-5!!!!

how can it be over 32 points with MJJ wouldn't be allowed

Surely average wise that's not possible?

That is correct - takes them about half a point over the limit

Bad luck for Kyle. Hope he's not out for too long. However, if he is, looking at the latest averages on the BSPA site it looks like we can sign anyone up to 5.1 as a replacement.

Perhaps Aaron Summers would be the logical choice. He's good around Brandon and has a clear link with the club. He's even got a team race suit!

I don't think Summers for Howarth would really weaken us at all. In fact Aaron is averaging more than Kyle in the Premier League at the moment.

• Like 5

Any chance of a change of race night at Brandon? It was another miserable Friday night of travel from Wolverhampton with the M6 at it's glorious worst.

Fortunately as was leaving got wind of the issues and headed down the toll road and the A5, got stuck in a long tailback on the A5, I assume all the way to the M69 as there were issues there, so turned down a B Road, forget the exact one.. began with 4 and there were 4 numbers.. anyway, couple of B roads later it brought me out to the island on the A46 you would reach from the motorway. Got there just before Heat 1 so all was well.

As for Woffinden, he wasn't all that bad last night. He flew out the start in Heat 1 only to overshoot turn 1 and head for the fence and had to shut off and lost a lot of ground. He chased and made up the ground, but the chances of passing were zero.

Won his next ok, didn't move wide enough in his 3rd to block Hansens outside run and in his final ride missed the gate of an unfavoured gate and that was that. Someone said he had pulled a muscle, or picked up an injury hence not being in Heat 15.

Edited by BWitcher

Think we will properly use guests as can use summers at Brandon and then Fricke away

Hopefully Howarth wont be out long

Oh.. I must add the pearl of wisdom from Gary Havelock.

He was asked about the struggles against Birmingham the previous week..

He said that Birmingham got off to a great start because gates 1 and 3 had a massive advantage and Birmingham had them in 5 of the first 6 races....

Err... no Gary, each team has 3 each.

Edited by BWitcher

I assume all the way to the M69 as there were issues there......

Too right as the traffic was packed solid around the Fosse Park/Leicester end of the M69 and when I eventually got there after an hour of crawling for half a mile it was closed off. Anyone know what the problem was yet as I haven't been able to find out?

.....Lefty..... It was another miserable Friday night of travel from Wolverhampton with the M6 at it's glorious worst.

My original plan was to stop off at Brandon on the way back from the Lake District but I'm glad I changed my mind and instead came back on Thursday night, knowing the M6 is usually horrendous on a Friday. My sympathies go out to any Wolverhampton fans who had to use it. :neutral: So it was A6, get on the M6 and keep going until the M69. Brilliant journey and it was worth £5.50p to use the empty toll road to avoid the 50 mph limit due to road works around the Wolverhampton/Birmingham area. Shame it was all for nothing as I missed the match anyway. :sad:

Tai did not look well at parade and in fact came on after the other riders. Could have been the stress of getting to Brandon with all the traffic chaos.

Is it just me or does Hans Andersen give up if he is not in front at first bend?

Tai did not look well at parade and in fact came on after the other riders. Could have been the stress of getting to Brandon with all the traffic chaos.

Is it just me or does Hans Andersen give up if he is not in front at first bend?

was the same for all the riders having to travel to Brandon, some coming farther than Tai. do agree though that he looked preoccupied on parade and didn't even stay to do the coin toss.

Hans is very much a gated not a racer

Lots of overtaking??????

My word. After the 2nd turn, the only time there was a pass was when in Heat 9 and when Proctor passed Lambert in Heat 14.. which if he hadn't have done he should have retired.

It was race after race of processional racing only kept interesting by the score.

Just seen another post saying 'Great meeting'.

Seriously, speedway has fallen a long, long way if this is described as great. I've even checked updates to make sure I was at the same meeting.. and yep its the same on there.. after turn 2 there was nothing bar in heats 9 and 14.

Edited to add.. I forgot the amazing race when Ashley Morris was in 2nd place ahead of Howarth all the way to entering turn 3 lap 1. Was 10 yards behind after turn 3 mind you.

:rofl:

Please let me know where all this passing was.

'Different riders' winning is no argument for a great meeting..

Ah, finally someone was at the same meeting as me!

Think it shows how peoples expectations in speedway have got so low when some on here think they saw a great meeting !
  • Like 2

I thought that just Hans coming around at the end was disgraceful, what was wrong with the team . They ought to have more respect, or was that down to the stadium wanting to rush to the end.

Also sorry for the poor second halfers who turn up on a dry night to a meeting that had already been rushed through, only to be sent packing. Particularly as there was plenty of time for the interval.

Coventry Speedway - come on...

• Like 1