British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thommo34

Sheffield V Glasgow 5-6-14

Well less than 2 hours to go and the silence is deafening.

I would guess that the majority think that this should be a fairly easy win for the Tigers, Sheffield that is, but if Wolbert Pjiper, Harrison and Henry as on song , along withe the inconsistencies shown by some of our team it could be fairly close. My prediction is 50-40.

yes so much interest in this, but the suns out on a thursday night, good chance of a win by the tigers tonight, unless its a draw of course

Tigers to win! which ones is anyones guess.

unfortunately I think it will be the pretend ones rather than the real ones :(

• Like 1

Career best paid 15 for Anders, less so Pijper who's poor run continues.

Career best paid 15 for Anders, less so Pijper who's poor run continues.

Just a normal away meeting for Theo sadly.

Great score by Anders , bet Dimitri would have had a field day at reserve

• Like 1

Going by the updates a lot more respectful.

One day we might all be firing at the same time.

As Dorothy says Dimitri would have had a field day, maybe our rain offs might be a blessing in disguise, he should be back soon and we'll be stronger for those meetings.

Onwards and upwards ......

.... please guys!

• Like 1

Just a normal away meeting for Theo sadly.

Theo wasn't that bad to be fair. Anders on the other hand was bloody fantastic for his first few rides, tailed off a bit towards the end, but was still useful.

Think Sheffield may have struggled against better opposition, hopefully 2 or 3 meetings on the spin will help things improve and let the riders get properly dialled in.

No Josh at Edinburgh tomorrow I believe. A better all round performance from the home Tiggers but I haven't seen times as consistently slow as they were on a day with no rain for some time. Good to see Eric Boocock brought in to help with track preparation; hopefully they will get it right soon.

Great score by Anders , bet Dimitri would have had a field day at reserve

Indeed, all other things being equal, when young Berge comes back from inury he'll be a bit of a trump card at reserve at most tracks. He undoubtedly is worth the entrance fee to go and watch. Great talent. The best thing about it (or hopefully so for Glasgow) is that he'll become an asset (or maybe is already I've no real understanding of the asset system these days).

And on night's like last night he may be the difference between zero points and 1 or more away points.

• Like 2

It was a decent meeting to be honest. Not a classic but some decent racing and it was just nice to see speedway again.

Simon Stead was superb and the rest of the side were solid rather than spectacular. Josh Bates was probably the pick of the rest and Taylor Poole was unlucky with his engine failure and a tapes exclusion.

Glasgow fought back well but had 11 last places which killed them a bit. Three of the four last places Sheffield had were when Taylor had engine failure when second, Josh pulled out at the first bend with his back injury and Ty was off 15 metres and couldn't make up the ground.

Kevin Wolbert was great value - one astonishing first lap when I thought he was in the fence but kept it on and blasted around everyone.

Christian Henry started off poorly but came good

Anders Thomsen I was very impressed with - looked fast and smooth with a lovely style

Rusty Harrison was disappointing - kept missing the gate and when it looked like he might win heat 14 he was passed by Andre around the boards

Theo Pijper was OK - rode better then his score suggests

Kasper Lykke wasn't as good as I expected but looked quicker as the meeting went on

Rafal Konopka did OK and had an engine failure when third in one heat

Edited by tigerowl
  • Like 1

Steady was pure class last night,josh was good value .Not a convincing performance probably down to lack of meetings.Worried about next week when we look under strength against scunny.Proctor away with wolves according to the fixtures.Fear the worst,

No Josh at Edinburgh tomorrow I believe. A better all round performance from the home Tiggers but I haven't seen times as consistently slow as they were on a day with no rain for some time. Good to see Eric Boocock brought in to help with track preparation; hopefully they will get it right soon.

I thought the track was changed for the worse under Eric Boocock's stewardship.

They have new muck now, for the first time in about 3 years, so hopefully the track will improve.