Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue V Lakeside 9/6/14

Simon Stead could be an option for Worrall didn't he used to ride for BV?

BV are screwed as they can only have PL guests for Cook and Worrall as they're double uppers.

edit > Danny King for Craig Cook doesn't look to bad. Whats he like at Kirky Lane? It's either him or Barker really. As for Worrall, Ricky Wells?

King's in the same meeting as Worrall in Germany

Morris and Stead, Morris and Barker, Barker and Stead. Anyway you look at it, Cook and Worrall at BV are worth 17 points, not sure any two guests will get close to that.

The Vortex Hammers are hoping that the FIM will release Richard Lawson and Lewis Bridger from their standby reserve positions at Berwick for Mondays rescheduling of the Grand Prix Qualifying Round, which was postponed on Saturday evening, after requests from both riders.

Should the FIM not allow their release then the Club have booked Kings Lynn Captain Rory Schlein and Hammers asset Stuart Robson to guest in their place for the Vortex Hammers away Elite League match at Belle Vue.

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/content/?p=7774

Congratulations to the Lakeside management in getting two excellent guests so quickly.

As much as I'd like to see Lewis & Richard ride at BV, I think they aught to go to Berwick; could be a couple of sick notes and they will get a ride & possibly qualify

• Like 1

The Vortex Hammers are hoping that the FIM will release Richard Lawson and Lewis Bridger from their standby reserve positions at Berwick for Mondays rescheduling of the Grand Prix Qualifying Round, which was postponed on Saturday evening, after requests from both riders.

Should the FIM not allow their release then the Club have booked Kings Lynn Captain Rory Schlein and Hammers asset Stuart Robson to guest in their place for the Vortex Hammers away Elite League match at Belle Vue.

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/content/?p=7774

Congratulations to the Lakeside management in getting two excellent guests so quickly.

As much as I'd like to see Lewis & Richard ride at BV, I think they aught to go to Berwick; could be a couple of sick notes and they will get a ride & possibly qualify

aught is spelt ought dave, maybe you should get your daughter to give you some spelling lessons!

aught is spelt ought dave, maybe you should get your daughter to give you some spelling lessons!

Thanks for your kind advice Tony, I will double-check with my dictionary before all future posts

NB: You should use capital letters for proper nouns such as "dave"

Edited by Falcon Hammer
  • Like 3

Thanks for your kind advice Tony, I will double-check with my dictionary before all future posts

NB: You should use capital letters for proper nouns such as "dave"

I'm too lazy to change keys dave, everything's lower case with me!
  • Like 1

Surely this meeting will be postponed on the same basis as the lakeside meeting at poole last season?

Not ideal I know but had Cook not just rolled over and had his tummy tickled last season we wouldn't have a precedent to rely on would we?

To be fair I don't know what will do more harm to speedway's credibility, postponing the meeting at shortish notice but with a very valid reason (football matches are postponed due to 'international' commitments on a regular basis) or running the meeting with several guests on national tv letting the world watch as speedway makes a fool of itself again.

Not as much as the Aces v Poole farce of last September for sure.

Have you seen the weather forecast????????

Rain all day

But as guest goes I would get stead and morris

Whenever there is talk of a 'dodgy' call-off, why is it always BV and/or Lakeside involved??!! :rofl::rofl::D:P

(ps its a joke!!!)

• Like 1

Not as much as the Aces v Poole farce of last September for sure.

Very true, another instance where the authorities took the proverbial out of The Aces.

I think it does more harm than good when you look at the bigger picture.

It must give em a thrill or something.

• Like 1

if bridger and lawson are allowed to race at BV instead of Berwick...

could BV then use schlein and robson as guests!!!!! :D

if so, and you know deep down that this very thing could happen, then no-one in 'authority' would even bat an eye lid... :icon_smile_clown:

I'm too lazy to change keys dave, everything's lower case with me!

Looks like a capital 'I' :P;)

Sorry couldnt resist!

I hope no one else goes looking for information on the Aces' website - it would be a complete waste of their time!

if bridger and lawson are allowed to race at BV instead of Berwick...

could BV then use schlein and robson as guests!!!!! :D

if so, and you know deep down that this very thing could happen, then no-one in 'authority' would even bat an eye lid... :icon_smile_clown:

Official update from Hammers' website - Bridger and Lawson MUST be at Berwick courtesy of FIM refusing to release them.

Edited by TonyE