British Speedway Forum

I cant find a topic for this, but Im thinking of coming, weather permitting, what time do the doors open and how big a crowd do they get.

A long time since Ive been to a pairs event.

The meeting starts at 3-30pm so the gates would be open probably between an hour and two hours before that. .Big free car park in adjacent field...There should be a big crowd but there is plenty of room and a catering unit which is popular good fish and chips ,plus a bar You will need to bring your own seat if required,,,The track has a very good atmosphere,, but the home crowd are very biased to their own riders.. So plenty of verbal support and ref condemnation when things dont go their way. I now await the flack...

I've never understood why, that on a weekend fixture, they don't start earlier

It's definitely a match I would be interested in attending with my kids, but with it probably not finishing til gone 6, then a 3 hour drive home my kids would be to late getting back as they have school next day

Its not like Mildenhall is central to many, why not have tapes up at 2pm? And allow a few extra travelling supporters to attend

I've never understood why, that on a weekend fixture, they don't start earlier

It's definitely a match I would be interested in attending with my kids, but with it probably not finishing til gone 6, then a 3 hour drive home my kids would be to late getting back as they have school next day

Its not like Mildenhall is central to many, why not have tapes up at 2pm? And allow a few extra travelling supporters to attend

My kids are going and we have a three hour drive home and school the next day.

My kids are going and we have a three hour drive home and school the next day.

I'd love to take them, but they're only 5 and 6, maybe next year

Lets hope the track is better for a outside pass than it was against kent it was just like marbles there is no rain forcast so lets just hope !!!!

Thanks for all that information Waco, but I have been before, its the pairs I havent seen, and you have the best fish and chips, starting to look forward to it so will probably start off early.

The meeting starts at 3-30pm so the gates would be open probably between an hour and two hours before that. .Big free car park in adjacent field...There should be a big crowd but there is plenty of room and a catering unit which is popular good fish and chips ,plus a bar You will need to bring your own seat if required,,,The track has a very good atmosphere,, but the home crowd are very biased to their own riders.. So plenty of verbal support and ref condemnation when things dont go their way. I now await the flack

All teams are biased to there own riders but hey that helps making a good atmosphere when there are decisions to be made by the ref

Home fans biased towards their own riders ! Of course they are! Watch any football match or any sport, home support is always going to back the home team or sportsman, given the chance. In fact home or away, you are going to be one sided towards your team.

Hopefully this shouldn't spoil the afternoon!

Edited by Damo b

Making the journey up the M11 soon to watch the NL Pairs. Really is open as to who is likely to win. I guess Mildenhall will probably be slight favourites as it's being held on their own track. Let's hope for a good meeting, one thing for certain is it's presentation will be first class unlike Rye House!

Decent meeting, plenty of passing. Just a shame that one semi was much stronger so the best 4 teams didn't end up in the final, but nobody could be blamed for that. Well done to Stoke, excellent team riding to keep Dan Halsey at the back in the last race.

Decent meeting, plenty of passing. Just a shame that one semi was much stronger so the best 4 teams didn't end up in the final, but nobody could be blamed for that. Well done to Stoke, excellent team riding to keep Dan Halsey at the back in the last race.

It was Buxton that team rode Danny Halsey into last place (although I agree it was excellent team riding).

Very entertaining meeting :approve: with the highlight surely John Armstrong's stunning move through the middle of the Atkin/Carr pairing. Anyone who considers NL racing inferior should take a look at that.

• Like 1

Well done Stoke.what a awful meeting thou suprised the favourites mildy didn't win this one. Such a shame all top riders wasn't able to ride in this. Should be made to ride in it over any other meeting.

Well done to Stoke represented by Ben Wilson and Jon Armstrong, but dont expect it to be so easy on tuesday :wink: .

• Like 1