British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pointsmeanplayoffs

King's Lynn Stars V Wolverhampton Wolves - Wed June 11

Stars looking to extend their win streak, with a tough home match against Wolves. Forecast looks lovely, and both teams are at full strength;

Stars;

1. Iversen

2. Porsing

3. Schlein

4. Lambert

5. Bjerre

6. Kerr

7. Rose

Wolves;

1. Woffinden

2. Thorsell

3. Wells

4. Proctor

5. Pawlicki

6. Jacobs

7. Morris

Thorsell goes well around the NA, but I think Woffinden will need to score double figures if Wolves are to take anything away from Nelson's County.

I doubt we will get as close as last time, be a dream if we could.

50-40 sort of score.

Don't think we will get anything from this match pointwise. Be nice if we could put on show like we did last time.

Anyhow, I wouldn't be averse to the Stars becoming champions. ;)

(Iversen favourite non Wolves rider, enjoyed his one season at Monmore)

• Like 3

Forecast looks lovely, and both teams are at full strength;

Wonder how many times that can be said this season ;)

Stars should hopefully win this one, but closeness will depend on whether the 5 point Tai turns up or the 12 point one....

Ridiculous British weather....freezing against the bees just over a week ago and now its shorts weather!

Wolves top 5, to a man, have had decent meets around Saddlebow. Pawlicki was very impressive last time out at Lynn. Woffy seems to be running into a spot of GP form, will he bring his A game with him for a League match ? Morris also looked a tidy rider on his previous visit. It all seems set up for an exciting meeting. Lynn to get home by 12/15, with Porsing and Kerr ( 15 point max for Newcastle on Sunday) on fire.

I further predict no racing until after 8pm...Sun delays start.

Edited by semion

Wolves top 5, to a man, have had decent meets around Saddlebow. Pawlicki was very impressive last time out at Lynn. Woffy seems to be running into a spot of GP form, will he bring his A game with him for a League match ? Morris also looked a tidy rider on his previous visit. It all seems set up for an exciting meeting. Lynn to get home by 12/15, with Porsing and Kerr ( 15 point max for Newcastle on Sunday) on fire.

I further predict no racing until after 8pm...Sun delays start.

There better not be any delays this week,have to be at work in Wisbech by 10:00pm.

There has been delays the past few weeks, so why should this week be different ? :D Last week we had sun, and then Porsing being electric from the gate so there wasnt enough left for the rest of the staduim. :wink:

There better not be any delays this week,have to be at work in Wisbech by 10:00pm.

There are jobs in Wisbech ???? :o

There are jobs in Wisbech ???? :o

Yeah,mainly for the Poles,Lithuanians,Latvians oh and the Portugese.I was lucky 25 years a ago we didn't have any problem getting a job here.I wonder whats changed over those years :o

Edited by tellboy

Probably queues to get in as well.

Any travellers should be aware that there are major delays on the A47 due to road works.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/update_drivers_swelter_in_one_mile_tailbacks_on_the_a17_eastbound_king_s_lynn_1_3634740

looks like a detour through tilney, st germans and saddlebow is on the cards then Edited by castrolargh

Wolves could get a point if Woffy scores more than 6.

We nearly did last time.

Edited by stevebrum

Yeah,mainly for the Poles,Lithuanians,Latvians oh and the Portugese.I was lucky 25 years a ago we didn't have any problem getting a job here.I wonder whats changed over those years :o

It was only a tongue in cheek comment. I think I first went to King's Lynn around about 1971, and even then I wondered about jobs with the area being so rural. Off at a tangent, on one occasion a group of us stopped a pub in Wisbech on the way down. I think it was called the Kings Head, and the then landlord Murdo McCloud (??) was very accommodating :D

We nearly did last time.

Worth recalling that Steve Worrall was a guest FTD reserve last time for Wolves, and that was a rare occasion which our reserve pairing were outscored.

Cannot see anything but 3 points to the Stars.