Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pointsmeanplayoffs

King's Lynn Stars V Wolverhampton Wolves - Wed June 11

does anyone know what the traffic is like through the road-works? Keep hearing on the radio about delays. What am I likely to encounter coming from Norwich direction at about 7pm?

Kings Lynn have put all the roadworks on their website

just read that, so reckon this week should be ok unless there is a lot of traffic...

I wouldn't recommend anyone risk leaving for the meeting at their usual time. Be sensible and give an extra 30 mins.

It's better to be early than be late.

Can't call this meeting, think it's reliant on which Tai Woffinden turns up. Fancy Wolves for a point.

48-42 Stars

I wouldn't recommend anyone risk leaving for the meeting at their usual time. Be sensible and give an extra 30 mins.

It's better to be early than be late.

Can't call this meeting, think it's reliant on which Tai Woffinden turns up. Fancy Wolves for a point.

48-42 Stars

would be shocked if we get within 10 points ! Porsing riding like a no 1 at home and the reserves a good 6/7 points better ! 54-41 ish
  • Like 1

I don't think it matters which Woffy turns up, I believe the Stars are way too strong at the moment, and can only see another convincing victory. It wouldn't surprise me, to see Woffy score good points, but he will need plenty of back up if they have ideas of getting any rewards from this meeting.

Last time here, they benefitted having Stevie Worrall as guest who score good points, but this time, I only see, the Wolves falling way short......

Sometimes I wonder it the local councils process any logic. The stretch of road from the Pullover roundabout to the Hardwick roundabout ( The Kings Lynn Bypass) is always busy this time of the year. Weekends its especially manic, being its the only access to the Norfolk coast. Sometimes there are queues stretching back miles either side of this Lynn Bypass. not with-standing the busy local traffic using the industrial areas. To close these lanes at the busy time of the year borders of the schemes of madness.

Surely putting off these disruptions until after the summer season would be such a logically answer, but then again, since when do the Local Councils do anything logical. They don't give a damn of the ciaos they will cause......

Lambert a doubt because of a GSCE exam according to Wolves website!

• Like 1

Sometimes I wonder it the local councils process any logic. The stretch of road from the Pullover roundabout to the Hardwick roundabout ( The Kings Lynn Bypass) is always busy this time of the year. Weekends its especially manic, being its the only access to the Norfolk coast. Sometimes there are queues stretching back miles either side of this Lynn Bypass. not with-standing the busy local traffic using the industrial areas. To close these lanes at the busy time of the year borders of the schemes of madness.

Surely putting off these disruptions until after the summer season would be such a logically answer, but then again, since when do the Local Councils do anything logical. They don't give a damn of the ciaos they will cause......

Not always as simple as it seems.Apparently motorway repairs/renewals have to be done away from wintertime because frost could get into the tarmac. Now stand to be corrected by a whole host of people....................................................... :D

• Like 1

Lambert a doubt because of a GSCE exam according to Wolves website!

GSCE exams at 7.45 what subject is that ? All the teachers will be in the pub by then

• Like 2

Not always as simple as it seems.Apparently motorway repairs/renewals have to be done away from wintertime because frost could get into the tarmac. Now stand to be corrected by a whole host of people....................................................... :D

You don't get much frost in Sept or October say..

You don't get much frost in Sept or October say..

I would imagine that there are many roads that have to be treated each year. To get all of them done in Sept or Oct would be impossible. Someone will have to be inconvenienced whenever such work is done. Just unfortunate that in this case it's people trying to get to the coast of Norfolk. I'm afraid speedway fans are such an infinitesimal number in the scheme of things they don't count.

does anyone know what the traffic is like through the road-works? Keep hearing on the radio about delays. What am I likely to encounter coming from Norwich direction at about 7pm?

Normally it's a 25-minute journey for me.

Sunday it took me 1 hour 10 minutes, and Monday 1 hour 20 minutes.

Coming from the coast is a nightmare, and on Monday I tried going through town, but it was even worse than staying on what for me is the A149.

I'm dreading the journey this afternoon, I must admit. As I have to be at the stadium between 5.00 - 5.15pm, I shall be leaving home soon after 3.30pm which is crazy, as the people who own the Track Shop, don't leave their Felixstowe base until around that time. I don't know if the roadworks are having an adverse affect on the A10, for people entering the Hardwick Roundabout......does anyone know?