British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pointsmeanplayoffs

King's Lynn Stars V Wolverhampton Wolves - Wed June 11

Sounds like traffic is going to be a nightmare, and the sun is going to be out, there is NO WAY that this meeting will start on time!!! We love a delayed start at the Norfolk Arena.

• Like 1

Sounds like traffic is going to be a nightmare, and the sun is going to be out, there is NO WAY that this meeting will start on time!!! We love a delayed start at the Norfolk Arena.

Looking at the King's Lynn 'Stars' website, I'm not completely clear on what the Saddlebow interchange explanation means.

Do we have access to the stadium off that junction of the A47, and similarly after the meeting, can we leave by that route, or have we got to go down narrow by-roads towards Downham Market (not much good if you want to go to Hunstanton) in the pitch dark?

Does anybody living in King's Lynn itself know the answers please?

If I read it correctly we are ok to get on and off the A47 the usual way via the slip roads tonight, but other weeks looks like we won't be so lucky. I'm hoping at 7pm it will have quietened down somewhat, but will try and leave extra time as long as I don't get caught up in the roadworks at Postwick when I leave work near Norwich!

i've already decided to give speedway a miss the week of the Norfolk Show - to get through Postwick, passed the showground and then the Kings Lynn roadworks would mean i'd need to leave here on tuesday... :-)

A seasoned warhorse like myself have a vast knowledge of local roads. But not to put a too finer point on it the back way route is diabolical. Twisty road through many small villages, is not something I would recommend, unless you have rough idea first.

Travelling from Wisbech, on the A47, turn off at Tilney and head for Wiggenhall. Likewise coming from Downham direction, turn off left, at Sketch and again head for Wiggenhall. Whence there, then just follow the signs for Kings Lynn and they will take you to Lynn via Saddlebow Road, then Norfolk Arena.

Its an alternative that we once always used, but since the Dual carriageway was installed, it is now far quicker to keep to the main roads. Now that the disruption of the road works it is a case of turning the clock back..... again......

If I read it correctly we are ok to get on and off the A47 the usual way via the slip roads tonight, but other weeks looks like we won't be so lucky. I'm hoping at 7pm it will have quietened down somewhat, but will try and leave extra time as long as I don't get caught up in the roadworks at Postwick when I leave work near Norwich!

i've already decided to give speedway a miss the week of the Norfolk Show - to get through Postwick, passed the showground and then the Kings Lynn roadworks would mean i'd need to leave here on tuesday... :-)

I'm not sure when the Sandringham Flower Show is, but if it coincides with the roadworks, then I'll have to give the meeting a miss for the same reasons as you.

It'll be a MAJOR worry if we can't get on and off the slip road after this week, as the only other way to leave the Norfolk Arena isn't nice, especially in the dark, and I'd have to think twice about attending until such time the roads are open again. It'll put miles on peoples journey, and could have a devastating effect on crowd levels. Lets just hope that access and exit in some shape or form will be possible.

Okay, I'm about to commence my 25-minute journey in the hope I'll be there for around 5.15pm.

I would imagine that there are many roads that have to be treated each year. To get all of them done in Sept or Oct would be impossible. Someone will have to be inconvenienced whenever such work is done. Just unfortunate that in this case it's people trying to get to the coast of Norfolk. I'm afraid speedway fans are such an infinitesimal number in the scheme of things they don't count.

Do you work for the Council love? That's the sort of response one would get if you questioned them.

Forget the Speedway implications, That stretch in the busiest section of road in the area. On one, with any sense should decide to inconvenience that many people by doing the work at a time that will cause the most disruption. This road has to have the most priority in any schedule.... To do this work at the busiest time of the year is ludicrous

• Like 1

No dearest I do not work for the council. I just have the ability to see things from others perspectives.

If they really wanted to do the works at the busiest time I would suggest the start in July and go right thro August, which would coincide with the school holidays. At least they haven't done that , possibly because that may well interfere with the high brow Festival!!! And we couldn't inconvenience the lovies could we lol.

Your descriptions of the detours will be very helpful to folks BUT people keep your speed down cos those roads as GRW said are not pleasant in the dark.

The Sandringham Flower Show BTW is the last week in July.

I think we all agree the roads in Norfolk are woefully inadequate but as very few MPs live here I can't see anything changing.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 2

I remember the days when getting to Saddlebow of a Saturday was a real expedition. Before the bypass was built the traffic had to come through South Lynn. Did we complain back then ? Too bloody right we did. Use to come by coach. There was loads of em in those days.

• Like 1

through dereham, then through swaffham.....at least its a bit easier now...

Coming from Wisbech I would go through Smeeth and Wiggenhall,this only puts 2.5 miles on your journey but about 5-10 mins longer.We still very often come that way as it breaks the norm of the boring dual carriageway.

Another poor show was From Tai tonight not what you expect from a World champ .. will no doubt go and score a max v Swindon tomorrow now that I said that .

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

If only Pawlicki could speak English FFS!

There were doubters during the close season, myself included in fairness, but if KL can avoid injuries to riders they can't replace with like for like, it's all over red rover. Great team,

As for Pawlicki United? It's a good job he can't speak English, that way he doesn't have to worry about the gollox that comes out of Adams's mouth. (I was busy typing SCB so not copying!!)

Draft riders apart, and hope Ash is ok, the only ones who care are Piotr & Jacob.

World Champion? Yeah right. There's no 'I' in team Woffy.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 2

Tbf to woffy, apart from the heat he fell in wben battling for the lead, the only stars rider to beat him was iversen.

• Like 1

Tbf to woffy, apart from the heat he fell in wben battling for the lead, the only stars rider to beat him was iversen.

A lot of people have been very fair to him. It's now gone beyond fairness.

There's a few things wrong at Wolves but you can't strut around as World Champion and turn in scores like he's doing, Times run out for excuses which is a damn shame.