British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Brummies V Belle Vue 11/6/14

Agree Rob, but Cook's away performances this year have been poor.

Birmingham being one of his better tracks, and the prospect of the clashes with Ben Barker, Cook may have a better meeting.

How things have changed from the start of the season, Birmingham are no longer the pushovers they were, and BV have so far performed well under what the fans expected.

Thus said BV are desperate for some away points, to keep their season, and Play-Off hopes alive, should be a close one.

I don't know why it should be, but it seems that every rider, once they arrive at the Vue , seem to lose the will to win. We have seen this with many riders over several seasons. This season seems to be just the same. As his performances in the GPs goes up, Zagars performances for BV go down. Cook has spent too long in the PL, and his general standard in the EL has fallen. Richie Worrall was in many ways the great white hope for BV but is a major disappointment. MPT is doing more than a decent job where he is in the team. The only rider bucking the trend of "Lets sign for BV, put our feet up and take a rest" is Scott Nicholls. He has enhanced his reputation at Kirky Lane, and I shudder to think how the team would have panned out, without his efforts. :t:

An even bigger question could be will he get **** if he does?

If u mean paid then he gets paid every week

TBH Cook seems to be going the same way as Barker, stagnating D/U rider who seem incapable/unwilling of making the step up to full time EL and riding abroad.

• Like 2

If u mean paid then he gets paid every week

I'm sure that BV pay him week in week out, just hope they don't have same problems as others getting paid!

Just over 5 hours to go and still no guest riders named??

It's on this!!!

This really could happen ...

Two full strength teams in the same meeting!!..

To get an extra few 'bob', maybe Brum could rustle up some commemorative souvenir T shirts to mark the occasion?? ;)

• Like 3

One downside, 2 full strength teams means biro sales will be down.

• Like 3

100% spot on :t: In my opinion both Barker and Cook are to good to ride in the PL and the only way they will improve is by stepping up to the EL full time and also riding abroad.

Aah, but that has to be balanced against earning a few quid to keep them out of other paid employment. You can only ride abroad if someone wants you to.

• Like 1

well i work 50 yards from the track and have a perfect view of the track from my office window, its been lovely here all day and they have been watering and working on it all day. looks in very good nick and no forecast of rain. heres looking frward to a safe meeting and a win for the brummies :t:

• Like 1

Does anyone know if this is on BBCwm, thanks

Meeting Delayed to 7:45 due to traffic problems, got here fine myself, must be motorway or A34

Enjoying the meeting on bet365, but deary me the music is terrible. Surely they can get some update stuff! I know the crowd are usually the older generation but it's about getting people through the gate and who keep going back, you need good entertainment between races and that's mainly music

How bad is Craig Cook how does he manage to get max after max in the pl ?he looked like a novice tonight who could hardly get round 4 laps .