British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Brummies V Belle Vue 11/6/14

Brilliant win for the brummies well chuffed everyone I mean everyone played there part when needed . Look to be getting our spirit back we may not be the best 7 but we won't be turned over easily when at full strength loving the last few weeks the fire and passion is there and as a fan I love I really do..... Joking aside I'm enjoying it more than last season because it's heat 15 deciders galore which is brilliant for a fan IMO people may disagree but that's opinions for you

• Like 1

Stay in the PL Craig Cook.

Remember when he was talking about Sweden and Poland?

its good he has some ambition. Its easy to criticise when things are going badly but he can ride well.

• Like 1

Enjoyable night at Perry Barr. Miles better than Swedish borefest the night before.

Can't gate consistently. No gatey no winny.

This is completely and utterly wrong.

I can't explain the difference between his Premier and Elite form and I'm sure he can't either. But it certainly is not because he can't pass.

This is completely and utterly wrong.

I can't explain the difference between his Premier and Elite form and I'm sure he can't either. But it certainly is not because he can't pass.

Could it be that, despite what some will tell you about the apparent strength of the PL, he's just not up to 4 rides against EL heat leaders under this years format?

• Like 1

Could it be that, despite what some will tell you about the apparent strength of the PL, he's just not up to 4 rides against EL heat leaders under this years format?

No. He easily beats riders like Barker and King in the PL. I accept that he hasn't proved himself yet, but I have seen every meeting he has ridden in the PL for the last four years and I know that he has the ability, there is no doubt about it.

No. He easily beats riders like Barker and King in the PL. I accept that he hasn't proved himself yet, but I have seen every meeting he has ridden in the PL for the last four years and I know that he has the ability, there is no doubt about it.

Fair enough. I can't remember the last time he rode at Coventry, so I don't see a great deal of him. I do think his relative lack of EL experience is costing him a bit now there are no easy races for heat leaders at the top level though.

Not to sure what going on with Cookie at the moment. Winning races for fun in the PL even if he doesn't make the gate he is still passing them and winning by half a lap. Even riders like Barker and King he is beating with ease in the PL. Only a couple of weeks ago he beat danny king who he was against tonight at newcastle twice by the length of the straight.

I think it's more of a mental thing than ability with craig, maybe taking the captaincy of him and moving him to number 3 to try and take the pressure off him might help him get back to riding in the EL the way we know he can.

Lol!

That was probably a reference to every rider in every race tonight. I don't think there was a single pass to win a race after the back straight of lap one.

Cook was very poor again.

You obviously missed Nichols pass on Nernark - Specksavers for you old chum! :P

its good he has some ambition. Its easy to criticise when things are going badly but he can ride well.

He proved last year he can do it,

Time to ditch the PL and concentrate on EL and get contracts abroad if he really wants to move his career forward,

PL and doubling up is great to earn extra money. If you have any ambition you have to be looking to abroad for other meetings.

• Like 3

He proved last year he can do it,

Time to ditch the PL and concentrate on EL and get contracts abroad if he really wants to move his career forward,

PL and doubling up is great to earn extra money. If you have any ambition you have to be looking to abroad for other meetings.

Cook himself has came out and said at the end of last year he wants to ride in the likes of Sweden, Poland, Denmark.

But the problem was that teams didn't really want to take him on as due to him having a high average over here they didn't want to take someone on who has never ridden outside on the Uk on that big a average. It would be a big risk for some teams to take that might not come off.

Glad we off the foot of the table after the win tonight, thought every single one of the Brummies riders played a part. Danny was terrific once again and Ben played big part by beating Zagar in his last two rides. Impressed with Simon Lambert, different rider since hes changed his machinery. Zmarzlik, Covatti and Starke didn't have perfect meetings but had their moment in helping to secure the 3 pts.

For the Aces, very impressed with Stefan Nielsen looked pretty good on the track and an impressive performance from Richie Worrall too. Cook was woeful, for a guy banging in pts left right and centre in the Premier League he should be doing much better for the Aces, Disappointed with Scott Nicholls too, only one race win at a track he has gone well at previously. Also threw a tantrum at the start marshall after he told him to move over, then got off his bike to do some gardening when the other 3 riders are at the tapes ready to race. Clearly delayed the start of the race and should have been excluded.

Very happy about tonight but disappointed we don't have a meeting for 3 weeks at home. Whats the point of having reserve dates in a fixture list and to not use them, next week is one but we are not racing. I just worry that with the poor crowds we have been getting , going 3 weeks without a home match wont help the situation. We need to be racing every week so fans get into the habit of going, a few weeks of no speedway wont help matters . We have three home meetings with no dates announced yet, next week would be perfect or to move an August meeting forward so we don't get a backlog.

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 2