British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LagutaRacingFan

Coventry Bees Vs Belle Vue Aces - 13/06/14

Rules are rules and should always be adhered to no matter what, don`t think it makes much difference in this case if King was tracked illegally but it could have done.

Edited by dornier

Well take the league points off us then for tonight

Wouldn't change league points but would change the for & against average for both team.

Danny's PL average of 11.18 converts to 6.71, his current EL average is 6.73.

SR 17.6 states 'If a Replacement PL Rider also has a current EL MA then the higher of the MA’s will dictate the eligibility', so 6.73 determines his eligibility, and is below Craig Cook's EL average of 7.32.

Refer also to: SR15.10 The result of a Meeting can only be amended if: a) the Referee has made an error in the recording of a Heat or the Meeting Results or b.) that a Rider absent from the Meeting and having been given a Facility is subsequently found to have ridden elsewhere in contravention to the Facility so given.

Edited by NeilWatson

The SR15.10 quoted is an addition this year which would over ride any other.

As a result even where a facilty is shown to be illegal (not in this case IMO) then there will not be a post match amendment.

Any protest re a team line up has to be made before the meeting and once a line up takes to the track the decision is final whether right or wrong.

Hi there this is my first reply on this forum, but have following it for a while, thought I'd join in. If at the end if the season were worrying about points difference then why didn't hans ride in heat 15? I know meeting was won but hans was riding better than both bomber and mjj

• Like 1

I doubt if it will come down to being that close that a point or two makes a difference. I think we were all expecting Hans to ride so Chris could wizz off to get ready for his journey but Hans made the decision so it was his choice.

Welcome to the forum. Remember to keep a sense of humour and you'll survive. :lol:

• Like 5

Hi Gemini thanks for that, I agree I don't think it will come down to a couple of race points but the in form riders at each meeting should be in heat 15. Not saying bomber and mjj we're not riding well, but would have liked to of seen a repeat of hear 13.

• Like 1

Not saying bomber and mjj were not riding well, but would have liked to have seen a repeat of heat 13.

Yes, especially a repeat of the 5-1 they scored in heat 13. :t: I don't know how they work it out - perhaps it's just a case of asking who fancies it. :wink: Hans was on 11 from 4 rides, Garrity 10 (top scorer with 13 from 5 rides) , Michael 8 and Chris 7. As the points were in the bag I'd have given it to the first two named but I don't even know if reserves are allowed in heat 15 as I've only been going to speedway for around 65 years and I'm still learning. :lol:

• Like 1

Reserves not permitted in Ht 15 - two of top three in averages OR two of top three scorers (incl bonus points) from programmed rides only.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

Thanks Neil. Never too old to learn. :)

Reserves not permitted in Ht 15 - two of top three in averages OR two of top three scorers (incl bonus points) from programmed rides only.

I thought at the time I would be tempted to put Jason in as a reward but thanks Neil for reminding us of the rules