British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Sgp Challenge Final Sat 20th Sept

Never been able to watch the challenge on the internet previously,and shouldn`t think this year will be any different. meeting starts 8 pm uk time.

Live updates will be the best we can hope for I would suspect.

Actually we have. It was broadcasted live by SVT that year when Vetlanda hosted it.

I always thought that the 'next in line' rider is the one that ranked after the rider that will be replaced from their raceoff.

So Harris is replacing Dudek (Czestochowa RO), and then Berntzon should replace Woodward (Czestochowa RO).

... and this is how Katajisto once jumped from second reserve to the u19 euro final in poland.

Thanks r&r, thats a shame I thougth Fim-live would have been the filming as they did last year at Poole. Im sure that was shown later on about a week later on motors tv?

IM probably wrong but could swear I watched it, then again I could be going mad.

Thanks r&r, thats a shame I thougth Fim-live would have been the filming as they did last year at Poole. Im sure that was shown later on about a week later on motors tv?

IM probably wrong but could swear I watched it, then again I could be going mad.

Yes they did- sorry I thought you meant watch it "live" which FIM TV have done with a German qualifier in the past.

Just looked it up on motorstv, 25th sept 9pm (21.00) and again at 5.30am on the 26th and 3.30pm(15.30) again on the 26th, I didnt think i could find that, well pleased there going to show it.

with the meeting I feel Zagar will pull out of the meeting after Vojens because he will probably have enough parts to concrete his place in the top 8 and do we know how bad Pawlicki injurie is

with the meeting I feel Zagar will pull out of the meeting after Vojens because he will probably have enough parts to concrete his place in the top 8 and do we know how bad Pawlicki injurie is

Pawlicki is going to practice on Friday with a view to returning on Sunday in a play-off match for Leszno.

http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/3662/challenge-for-chris

You've got to hand it to Harris, he may be terrible at Grand Prix level, but he's always there at the right time...

Philip Rising, you've got the inside view on the GP's, surely BSI are hoping to hell Harris doesn't qualify after this years shambles?

JT.

I COULDN'T possibly comment!

I would hazard a guess that if BSI had their way there might not be a Challenge at all... Harris the latter day Andy Smith who always seemed to reserve his best for the Challenge and ensure his continued participation.

• Like 1

I COULDN'T possibly comment!

I would hazard a guess that if BSI had their way there might not be a Challenge at all... Harris the latter day Andy Smith who always seemed to reserve his best for the Challenge and ensure his continued participation.

Anyone know Chris`s scores in the GP`s at Lonigo previously-it`s a bit of a funny track-a lot of HP is required-or so my sauce told me(see what I did there :approve: )

• Like 2

MATEJ Zagar told me today that he will definitely compete in the GP Challenge and not withdraw as he did last year. The reason? If he did pull out Zagar would receive an automatic three day ban by the FIM and miss riding for his Polish club Gorzow in their championship play-off meeting the following day. Cannot say he is delighted at the prospect of a 1,300 kilometres drive after Lonigo.

MATEJ Zagar told me today that he will definitely compete in the GP Challenge and not withdraw as he did last year. The reason? If he did pull out Zagar would receive an automatic three day ban by the FIM and miss riding for his Polish club Gorzow in their championship play-off meeting the following day. Cannot say he is delighted at the prospect of a 1,300 kilometres drive after Lonigo.

Absolutely bonkers. So he has to ride in aeeting to qualify for something he's probably going to be already qualified for?

• Like 1

There is so much riding on this meeting for BSI & some of the riders in need of full wildcards for next season

We all know quota shouldnt matter but it's always seemed to and BSI are mostly creatures of habit...... 4 riders are generally the maximum per nation ..... 2 minimum for Denmark, Poland & Sweden..... 2 desired for UK but BSI have shown they will go with just 1.......... Aussie picks are maybe less predictable if they end up holding a round, but generally over the years they seem to have 2

There is a big ever growing pot of top quality riders for BSI to consider for the 3 permanent picks
Gollob
Sayfutdinov
Iversen
Ward
MJJ
Vaculik
THJ
Kildemand
(+ the usual host of riders they like (AJ) + ignore every year (Laguta))

If Doyle & Batch qualify for next year (assuming Holder will) then Ward will be in big trouble (if eligible anyway)

With 5 Danes in the Challenge & Pedersen all but qualified Iversen could also be in big trouble .......same for MJJ
and then there is the question of Gollob who despite probably not justifying a place for next year.... would fill those Polish venues ........ but with Kasprzak heading for qualification, Hampel still in with a chance and 3 Poles in the challenge he could be forced out

I should imagine ideally for BSI they would probably be hoping for 1x Pole + THJ + Another Swede + Kildemand
personally I think i'd like to see Kolodziej Kildemand THJ & Magic

p.s. I wonder what odds on Harris qualifying? :rolleyes:

Edited by spook