16 Nicolai Klindt DMU Denmark

17 (Reserve) Martin Smolinski DMSB Germany

18 (Reserve) Oliver Berntzon SVEMO Sweden

do you have a link?

WION the Swedish Championship

Wow ! won world u21 NO

won world cup NO

won a GP NO

SWEDISH YES ! maybe that's why he is 'almost certain' for a wild card !

Edited by New Science

Wow ! won world u21 NO

won world cup NO

won a GP NO

SWEDISH YES ! maybe that's why he is 'almost certain' for a wild card !

I f you read Phil`s post again, he says he a certaintity IF AJ or lindgren do not qualify by right in the top 8. which in my view is a fair enough statement as BSI/FIM have a history of wanting 2 Swedes in the series.

I can remember World Finals with no or next to no British participation, but they still drew massive gates. But...would 40,000 go to Cardiff if there was no British interest?. I agree each GP should field the top 15 or better still top 16 riders, but in all honesty in the "good old days" there was never a World Final which tracked the World's top 16.

I would, but I cant speak for the other 39,998

I want to see the top 15 riders (plus a wild card) in the world ride.

Sadly, this year, nor last year, are the top riders in the world in the GP's.

• Like 2

I would, but I cant speak for the other 39,998

I want to see the top 15 riders (plus a wild card) in the world ride.

Sadly, this year, nor last year, are the top riders in the world in the GP's.

In the history of speedway it's a sad truism that we don't always get what we want.

I can remember World Finals with no or next to no British participation, but they still drew massive gates. But...would 40,000 go to Cardiff if there was no British interest?. I agree each GP should field the top 15 or better still top 16 riders, but in all honesty in the "good old days" there was never a World Final which tracked the World's top 16.

Surely the only British world final that meets this criteria was odsal in 85 (just tatum)? All the others from memory had at least 3 brits.

Not sure the crowd was "massive", seem to recall john berry lost a load of money buying tickets to resell, but then carter's injury dropped thousands off the gate.

I was not necessarily talking about British World Finals or Finals I had personally attended. But I am talking from memory without recourse to stats so I may be talking b...s. I suppose massive is a subjective adjective but if one disregards Cardiff, what is the average GP attendance?. The Polish rounds will help keep the average up I guess. I can remember Wembley finals where to all extents and purposes there was no prospect of a British winner, but the attendance was still over 40,000. It still begs the question...If Cardiff fielded the World's top 16 and none were British, would they still attract 40,000?.

I always thought that the 'next in line' rider is the one that ranked after the rider that will be replaced from their raceoff.

So Harris is replacing Dudek (Czestochowa RO), and then Berntzon should replace Woodward (Czestochowa RO).

This is now confirmed by the FIM :)

Apologies if this has already been asked, but there any chance of this being streamed?

I f you read Phil`s post again, he says he a certaintity IF AJ or lindgren do not qualify by right in the top 8. which in my view is a fair enough statement as BSI/FIM have a history of wanting 2 Swedes in the series.

That was my original point we have World U21 champions,World Cup winners and GP winners waiting in the wings but someone without any of these honours will jump the queue just because of their nationality .

That was my original point we have World U21 champions,World Cup winners and GP winners waiting in the wings but someone without any of these

honours will jump the queue just because of their nationality .

It wouldn't be more then fair when you have in mind all those years Nicholls and Harris got a wild card each because of his nationality.

That was my original point we have World U21 champions,World Cup winners and GP winners waiting in the wings but someone without any of these honours will jump the queue just because of their nationality .

This has and always will be the cause. Nationality trumps talent because of the economics.

What happens if Matej Zagar finishes in the GP Top 8 & in the top 3 in the GP Challenge. Will the GP number 9 or the 4th Rider in the Challenge get the place in next years GP ??