British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Sgp Challenge Final Sat 20th Sept

The only debate on who should and shouldn't be there is the wild cards... The top 8 and GP qualifiers are there on merit.

Everyone saying Harris shouldn't be there yet Doyley deserves to be?? Why?? Doyley isn't that much better than Harris... If at all.... and I doubt bomber has anywhere near the collateral that the big boys have, which is half the battle IMO

I for one am not saying Bomber should not be there. I have been critical of his inconsistency but not of the man or his ability. I have a lot of admiration for his spirit and wish him a far better year next year.

Despite being one of his critics,well done to Harris qualified on merit so deserves to be in GP next year ,if there are so many quality riders out there that everybody seems to think perhaps a rethink of the qualifying system needs looked at.As I said earlier in the season the GP needs too deal with the "also rans" during the season.Say the top 12 are the only ones guaranteed a place in the next GP meeting.

Edited by Fromafar

Arson fire, agree with everything you say. Bomber has been on fire for the Bees lately and it looks like his good form has continued into the GP challenge. He's earned his place and I'm delighted for him. Well done Bomber

• Like 2

All good in saying his form in EL is has been great recently but what happens to that form when he rides in the GP?

All good in saying his form in EL is has been great recently but what happens to that form when he rides in the GP?

The past is a different country.

It seems that he took his EL bikes with him for tonight. Perhaps the bikes he uses for the gps are not his best?

Equally, if he is so good why has he not scored more points in the 2014 gp's and higher up the standings. Apart from an odd race this year his performance has not been gp standard - IMO

I don't recall seeing any post saying how good or bad he is or was. However, the fact remains he finished in the top three of the challenge on merit, ahead of, presumably, other riders who you feel justify being included ahead of him. How so? He has qualified and they haven't, so how poor does that make all of those? Please do think about what you post before you post it.

• Like 1

Some real first class keyboard jockeys in here tonight,slagging Kilderman's off,seriously,an idiot? A huge pressure cooker meeting,a GP place at stake,the guy rides like he does for the results he gets,that style goes a long.long way,just look where he is right now,look how far it got him last night too.

Nobody moans when it pays off and the entertainment factor's high,but it bites sometimes and today was one of those days,lighten up

Good for Harris too,well deserved and hopefully he can make a better go of the 2015 GPs

• Like 1

Some real first class keyboard jockeys in here tonight,slagging Kilderman's off,seriously,an idiot? A huge pressure cooker meeting,a GP place at stake,the guy rides like he does for the results he gets,that style goes a long.long way,just look where he is right now,look how far it got him last night too.

Nobody moans when it pays off and the entertainment factor's high,but it bites sometimes and today was one of those days,lighten up

Good for Harris too,well deserved and hopefully he can make a better go of the 2015 GPs

Agree had can you criticise an entertainer like Kildermand ,a breath of fresh air.

In my praise for Bomber I should have also mentioned Peter Kildemand. He didn't qualify tonight but surely it's only a matter of time before he does.

• Like 1

Harris has not "earned his place on merit".

Fact _ he did not "earn his place on merit" for the SGP Challenge on merit so he did not earn any place on merit.

Fact _ he squeaked it in to the Challenge by default but made the best of that.

To his congratulators do any of you seriously think he'll qualify for the top 8 by the end of 2015?

• Like 1

If Mr. A. Rossiter is reading this tonight

Please Please Please can you bring back Doyley and let PK go.

PK falls off far too many times and its always at important times as well whilst Doyley is one of the best in the world at the moment.

So far this year you have wanted SG, Morris, Dak, Greaves and now Killer sacked all based on watching bet365 or reading updates like tonight. I think you are clueless to be honest. No one in their right mind wouldnt want Killer back at Swindon.

Well said. Thing is its a so called Swindon fan slating him!!

I don't recall seeing any post saying how good or bad he is or was. However, the fact remains he finished in the top three of the challenge on merit, ahead of, presumably, other riders who you feel justify being included ahead of him. How so? He has qualified and they haven't, so how poor does that make all of those? Please do think about what you post before you post it.

One swallow does not make a summer.

I look forward to his usual form returning in the 2015 GP series. He just makes each GP so entertaining to watch!

Surely they can find a more exciting Pole? He's dull.

Dull but deserving?

Tbf I think he's a little unfairly derided as a gating tart, have seen him involved in some exceptional races. He was arguably the best rider in the world last year, surely along with nki one of two riders guaranteed a wildcard.

Is Bomber the new Andy Smith?

Definitely strong similarities, though think smudger had less wildcards.

Both really excting racers. Both too poor at the start to be contenders at gp level, or even to really dominate at league level. But capable of beating anyone, and certainly good enough in any company outside the truly elite riders.

So hampel and nki surely in now.

Other slots surely dependent on top 8.

Tai greg nicki kk zagar in, and probably holder too.

Think the other spots are two from freddie aj bjerre and batch.

If two swedes qualify, then id expect ward and either mjj/killer.

If swede plus bjerre id expect ward plus thj

If swede plus batch id expect thj plus mjj/killer

If batch plus bjerre id expect two swedes.

If ward is banned opens up a range of possibilities for one slot.

The only debate on who should and shouldn't be there is the wild cards... The top 8 and GP qualifiers are there on merit.

Everyone saying Harris shouldn't be there yet Doyley deserves to be?? Why?? Doyley isn't that much better than Harris... If at all.... and I doubt bomber has anywhere near the collateral that the big boys have, which is half the battle IMO

Doyle has been one of top 15 riders in the world this year (imho). Harris maybe not top 50. Agree that one of harris' s main issues is his bikes.

But harris has earned his spot fair and square, don't see how anyone can argue to the contrary.

• Like 1

Bomber!!! How dare u make it through to the GP's ahead of other riders that deserve it more than you.....next year, just make sure that your silencer isn't welded up as securely as I should be