British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Sgp Challenge Final Sat 20th Sept

Much will probably revolve around whether or not one or both of Jonsson and Lindgren make the top eight. If not Tomas H Jonasson might get the call. Still think Hampel might get one in light of his record over many years. He was, after all, World No 2 last year. Iversen will surely get one now.

I don't see how Hampel and Ward are certain for WC's at all. And to all those Harris knockers, you must be spitting your dummies, chucking toys out of prams and teddies out of cots and its hilarious.

You would have moaned if he hadn't qualified as you would argue that all your whining was justified and now your'e moaning because he has. He can't win with you lot but the truth is he earned his place on merit and the reality is it is because there was no one else better. He chose to do the qualifiers when others didn't and took that opportunity with both hands and deserves his 2015 slot as he has got there on merit, when others couldn't.

If you don't want to watch him next year, don't go to Cardiff and don't tune in to the TV. He won't give a toss whether you do or don't.

I don't care who races in what series as long as there is speedway to watch but I'm chuffed to bits he has qualified if only for him to give you lot the finger

Edited by Dave the Mic
  • Like 4

He was thrown in last year when everyone else had the chance to find sponser knowing they were going to be on the world stage! Bomber didnt, he found out late on when his sposers were proberbly only set up for him to ride in the leagues!

He now has the whole winter to prepare for it and get more money in to give him more of a chance!

Troy was put in the GP's even later than Bomber I think & he has done ok & got better with every meeting so not much of an excuse for Bombers poor scores.

He's earned his slot so good luck to him.

How can anyone say bomber doesn't deserve his place?? He's earned it fair and square!!!! He may not be the best, but so what!! Not many are....Well done bomber, keeping in with the Elite is an achievement in its self.....!!

• Like 4

I doubt Bomber will do anything but fail in 2015 but the lad deserves his spot for a change so it can't be argued he does not deserve to be there.

Not impressed that any of the 3 will bring anything to the GPs but they qualified fair and square so I wish them luck.

Wild cards are now going to be gold now as a lot of big names have failed where the likes of Chris has not :)

Reckon Jason Doyle could be a big spoiler in 2015 - the lad has come on massive in the last 2 years and whilst still not a household Aussie name such as Holder, Ward or even Watt, IMO has a great future in world speedway and I for one will be routing for the guy

next year.

Pleased for Bomber too ! His form of late on the UK domestic scene has been awesome and although showing no form whatsoever in the 2014 gp's, can hopefully go out and 'relax' in Stockholm and Torun and do himself justice. Will be able to re-group and prepare for 2015 knowing that he got there on his merits and not through the back door. Go Bomber !!!!

happy days - oh yeah !

• Like 2

Well done Bomber on qualifying.

But next year will be no different to any other year he has been in the GP he will finish outside the top 10.

• Like 1

But next year will be no different to any other year he has been in the GP he will finish outside the top 10.

Apart from the 2 times he has finished in the top 10 you mean? And so what, he has qualified, it might upset a few people but it makes him one of 11 riders to qualify - if the rest are so much better why are they not where he is tonight?

Who can say?. In March would you have predicted Hampel finishing out of the top 8?.

• Like 1

Equally, if he is so good why has he not scored more points in the 2014 gp's and higher up the standings. Apart from an odd race this year his performance has not been gp standard - IMO

Fair play to Bomber, he's qualified by right and I will certainly cheer for him next year as an Englishman, but right now I am not glad he's in there, he's going to add absolutely nothing to the series except maybe a couple of decent rides at Cardiff, when there are plenty of others out there who could. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

No they won't. One meeting doesn't say anything since Harris had fluke for the second straight year.

That is why the world championship is decided over a series and not one single meeting.

One year is a fluke, 2 years is isn't

Bomber has qualified by right, I really hope he gets top 8 next season and shuts everyone up. It was only a couple of years ago he was joint fourth

• Like 1

Time will tell but do any of us get the GP field we want? The top 8 qualify of right but all manner of occurences can keep a top rider out of the top 8, Three qualify from the Challenge but as we saw tonight, two falls can knock out the sure-fire winner, Then there are the wildcards. No matter who gets picked it sure won't please everybody. Finally we have the staging nation picking their own wildcard...Jason Bunyan anyone?.Sure as eggs are eggs, when the 16 line up for the 1st. GP of 2015 we will all be saying "x" should not be here or "y" should be here. It's the way it is.

The only debate on who should and shouldn't be there is the wild cards... The top 8 and GP qualifiers are there on merit.

Everyone saying Harris shouldn't be there yet Doyley deserves to be?? Why?? Doyley isn't that much better than Harris... If at all.... and I doubt bomber has anywhere near the collateral that the big boys have, which is half the battle IMO

• Like 1

Haha love it, get in Bomber! All winter now to properly prepare and it should see him perform much better next year. His league form has been excellent in the last few months for Coventry.