British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Sgp Challenge Final Sat 20th Sept

So what if he's been crap for years... He's earned the right to contest it again... Some people's darlings haven't, end of.

Sour grapes

• Like 6

Harris has not "earned his place on merit".

Fact _ he did not "earn his place on merit" for the SGP Challenge on merit so he did not earn any place on merit.

Fact _ he squeaked it in to the Challenge by default but made the best of that.

To his congratulators do any of you seriously think he'll qualify for the top 8 by the end of 2015?

Of course he earned it. He had to make it as a reserve to give himself a chance and nearly always in these challenges, a rider per year pulls out due to injury just like the GP.

Are you going to tell me that Troy Butler didn't deserve to make the World Final in 89 although he was reserve 3 times for the qualifying rounds.

Harris took his chance just like Andy Smith used too.

default?? So it's his fault others are either injured or banned??... He was next in line being a reserve, that's what reserves are for surely?? How is that default??

Yes by default.

Other riders were injured or banned as you say so they failed to meet their commitment which is the definition of default if you care to look it up.

At no point have I suggested that it's his fault or anyone else's fault.

So you think he'll finish in the top 8 next season do you?

Official results sheet from Lonigo states that 5th THJ, 6th Pawlicki and 7th Covatti have been balloted.

Now until someone explains me otherwise, I say that an error has been made. There should have been a runoff between the three to decide riders fininshing 5th and 6th to make for the three substitutes under the current rules for 2015. With Janowski being 1st substitute as it stands.

Dont even mention Zagar, it's irrevelant AT THIS stage. ;)

I know in the old one off final days, that the competition could be brutal and unfair riders often being unlucky and eliminated.Now by Harris qualifying does it show that this system is not bullet proof? no way is he in the top 16 riders in the world.I always thought this GP series were for the best 16 riders in the world even Covatti could of qualified tonight in the old days he would of had to have five good nights to qualify.Harris i like and enjoy watching him ride,and fair play to him he took his chance but would the series not be better off with a Laguta, Kildemand,or both Pawlicki brothers as examples it shows though after all these years the system is still not really FAIR.

you have five rides to score as many points as possible, how is this unfair? the rider you mention either are not good enough under pressure of the night or had an off night either way it was fair, kildermann as great as he is, is millimetres away from being the new pederson, he is very aggressive, great to watch but a little more and it will become "dirty".

• Like 4

Yes by default.

Other riders were injured or banned as you say so they failed to meet their commitment which is the definition of default if you care to look it up.

At no point have I suggested that it's his fault or anyone else's fault.

So you think he'll finish in the top 8 next season do you?

there are 8 riders who will and 8 who won't... Can't you grasp that?? Maybe he will maybe he won't, thats irrelevant as he's earned the right to try.... They all start on zero points so you never know, but I'd love to see him ram it up folks like you's arses!!

He's more chance of being top 8 next season than those who haven't qualified.... And he's more chance of finishing top 8 next season than Ward has this.... Every sport has those at the very top, those in the middle and those that make the numbers up.

• Like 4

The fact is:- he qualified last night and no one can take that away.

BUT some have the opinion, which they are entitled to, that the 2015 gp is not going to be greatly enhanced by his prescence judging on the form he has shown this year.

and the way other threads/posts by members of this forum describe the quality of British EL speedway this year I am not reassured by the statements that some make that his EL form in recent weeks/months has been good. Fact is, his gp form has been not good.

Comments like he used his EL bikes last night, apparently they better then his Europe bikes, cuts nothing with me - surely if is EL bikes are better then he should have been using them in the gp's, but he hasnt - is that poor judgement, I think so if it is the case.

• Like 2

Im sure people either must be thick or trolling on here sometimes.

Chris Harris has been fortunate to be in the grand prix the last few years .......Fact

Chris Haris this year has been a disaster in the grand prix..............FACT

Next season he will struggle again.....................i think Fact but its opinion lol.

But the biggest Fact that some idiots cant get is THIS YEAR HE HAS QUALIFIED ON MERIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was reserve for the challenge someone wasnt riding he gets in the meeting. THAT IS HOW RESERVE SYSTEM WORKS!!!

In the challenge he ties on points with the ONLY OTHER RIDER in the grand prix already. Does that not tell you the best are already in the gp's

The other rider Doyle (and huge congrats to him by the way) was only beaten by the 2 gp boys.

people saying we need Kildemand and Pawlicki well they were in the meeting and didnt do what Harris did.

I remember in 1998 grand Prix challenge Henka and Smith qualified and Loram didnt. Its what happens.

By all means say that Harris isnt up to it and may struggle but to say he didnt deserve to qualify is either thick, ignorant or trolling

• Like 6

On another note, Several premier league teams are banned from this years FA cup because they haven't been very good in it for years, half the field of the Tour de France are told not to bother because they can't win and Keith Deller has had his world darts championship annulled because he was crap most other times!!

What a bummer.

Edited by Arson fire

I'm not suggesting it does, but isn't one swallow, is it? He made it through three qualifying rounds, when other - according to you no doubt - more deserving riders did not. I wonder why that would be?

And why "look forward" to someone failing. How thoroughly unpleasant. Perhaps he will give up his place, just to appease you.

If he had any sense of pride he wouldn't have accepted a 2014 place to start with.

Congratulations. He had a very good meeting when it really counted, but make no mistake, next year will mark the continuation of the "standard Harris GP" form all over again, and again, and again... total embarrassment.

Official results sheet from Lonigo states that 5th THJ, 6th Pawlicki and 7th Covatti have been balloted.

Now until someone explains me otherwise, I say that an error has been made. There should have been a runoff between the three to decide riders fininshing 5th and 6th to make for the three substitutes under the current rules for 2015. With Janowski being 1st substitute as it stands.

FIM rulebook.

070.11.3 Ties

In all run-off heats concerning the ties, the starting positions at the gate shall be balloted in presence of the Jury President. Unless a more specific regulation is applicable to the competition the following will apply: Individual Speedway and Ice Racing, Track Racing Sidecar 1000cc

For all meetings, after the official programme of heats has been terminated should there be a tie for the first 3 places or for the last qualifying place or substitute position to go forward to the next round, there will be a heat to resolve the tie.

So that means there was a slip up last night - is that correct?

IMO, yes.

"to the next round" means SGP2015 to me, but maybe thats just me. :wink:

The results speaks for them self. 40p from 10 rounds proves that he shouldn't be in the GP-series.

That was in the past, remember your only as good as your last race. Well done Chris.

I read somewhere that the lower places are determined by count back if they finish level so your first sentence looks correct.

As for 3 substitutes I think they only have 1 now which is Jepsen JENSEN at the moment and will be THJ next year.