British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Reuben Smith

Ftr Heat 9

Felt I had to comment on this.

I've watched quite a few meetings this year on Sky and Bet365. Maybe I'm strange but I've found the FTR races hugely entertaining and the quality of the racing in them on a par with the other heats in the meetings. Yes there have been fallers, there are more mistakes leading to more overtaking but if you watch purely to be entertained and not just to see your own team win, for me the FTR races are a massive move for good by the BSPA.

Whether they were brought in to save money (probably) or to bring on British youngsters (a handy by-product :P ) IMHO they have been great. From what I can see the only fans with a massive downer on them en masse seem to come from Wiltshire. Maybe they would be better asking their club what they intend to do to improve matters next season :wink: and what their top riders can do to assist the FTRs they have this season. It's obvious that top riders from many clubs are helping the youngsters and that can only be a good thing and has born fruit for several clubs.

As for No 8s - I'd guess most if not all clubs have a couple of juniors living within 20-30 miles, pay them travelling expenses and I'd guess most would jump at the chance to attend as a number 8. They may not get track time but purely by being in the same pits as the EL riders they will learn a lot. If each track provide 2 juniors they could be allocated to home and away team by drawing lots. Win win situation cos no more 3 riders races and the juniors get experience.

OK rant over.

Careful Star Lady you may be accused of talking a lot of sense especially with your comments on No. 8s which is much more than the Promoters can be guilty of :lol: