British Speedway Forum
tocha

Coventry V Poole Friday 20th June.

Can this fixture go ahead? Unless riders forfeit their rights to attend practice for the GP qualifiers the following day, Poole will be without Milik, Pawlicki and Janowski and Coventry, Andersen, Harris, whilst Garrity will be missing. Rye House are at Edinburgh. And if anyone is thinking guests, be aware. Options may be in the qualifiers as well. Lakeside are riding against King's Lynn the same night each looking to replace Bridger and Bjerre!

Edited by tocha

Makes me laugh, we have arranged for Poole to come on a Friday when there reserve is available despite his PL club being a Friday club but ours isn't! Add in GP qualifiers and arranging this meeting for this date is a bti of a cock up.

I say it every year, I don't know why we have been on GP qualifier weekend.

What is the point of this meeting,it makes no sense whatsoever

When will British speedway stop shooting itself in the foot

• Like 5

Can this fixture go ahead? Unless riders forfeit their rights to attend practice for the GP qualifiers the following day, Poole with be without Milik, Pawlicki and Janowski and Coventry, Andersen, Harris, whilst Garrity will be missing. Rye House are at Edinburgh. And if anyone is thinking guests, be aware. Options may be in the qualifiers as well. Lakeside are riding against King's Lynn the same night each looking to replace Bridger and Bjerre!

Not forgetting Poole's Grajzonek likely to be missing also!! Definitely to be postponed imo.

Perhaps Coventry should consider changing their race night?? :wink:

• Like 1

Not forgetting Poole's Grajzonek likely to be missing also!! Definitely to be postponed imo.

why

I doubt they'll postpone it. They said last week they had no spare dates so will be prepared for tough meetings.

It shouldn't go ahead I agree, but it looks like it will. Let's hope Coventry get there first with decent guests

• Like 1

The meeting will be going ahead. Bees line-up already in place and looking good! I'm sure Poole will bring an attractive and competitive team as usual.

• Like 2

Do riders have to be at practice for the qualifiers?

Do riders have to be at practice for the qualifiers?

No, it's their choice

Some of it also depends on flights though

Could have moved it forward a day to the Thursday, but England playing in the snoozeball that night so not an option.

Problem is, none of you turn up on an off night if they rearrange the fixture anyway. You've always got such brilliant excuses as to why Monday's or Wednesday's or Thursday's don't work for you!

• Like 3

Could have moved it forward a day to the Thursday, but England playing in the snoozeball that night so not an option.

Problem is, none of you turn up on an off night if they rearrange the fixture anyway. You've always got such brilliant excuses as to why Monday's or Wednesday's or Thursday's don't work for you!

Its a damned if you do damned if you dont scenerio for the promotion. Fridays obviously get bigger crowds and if they feel they can still win the meeting then it would makes sense to get the meeting done especially with so few dates available. Maybe we wont be missing as many riders as we think.

• Like 1

Its a damned if you do damned if you dont scenerio for the promotion. Fridays obviously get bigger crowds and if they feel they can still win the meeting then it would makes sense to get the meeting done especially with so few dates available. Maybe we wont be missing as many riders as we think.

Spot on in every respect!

• Like 2

The meeting will be going ahead. Bees line-up already in place and looking good! I'm sure Poole will bring an attractive and competitive team as usual.

Most definately. We won't be coming up for a sight seeing Tour... ;)

• Like 1