British Speedway Forum
tocha

Coventry V Poole Friday 20th June.

Josh G could be back on Friday!!!!

WOW! Just aswell the Fish has gone then ;)

Thought he was guesting for Howarth

• Like 2

Coventry vs. Poole - the most looked forward to in the season and we end up with a Coventry Select vs Poole Select.

Speedway supporters mugged off YET again.

At least the reduced admission price for the meeting means Horton still gets a decent crowd.

Oops, sorry, there is no reduced admission, so he gets the crowd he deserves !

Happy days

Edited by markyb
  • Like 1

can imagine this fixture will still have a big crowd as crowds been large at Brandon most of the season.

Poole never bring a lot of travelling fans.

we don't know line ups or how many riders are definitely missing yet

Well, that's the H's sorted out. :icon_smile_clown:

I'm sure there'll be two competitive sides involved in a team speedway event at Brandon on Friday

With the doubts over the future of the stadium, isn't that exactly what speedway fans want to see?

No point staying away - in a couple of years there might not be any to avoid

With the Poole side, as I've already stated Magic has this fixture in his calendar and he races in the later (evening) GP Qualifier on Saturday in Gorican.

Pawlicki and Milik are both in the earlier (afternoon) Qualifier in Poland. Practice for either meeting is NOT compulsory, so I guess it just depends on flights and pressure from the Polish and Czech authorities.

For the Bees Hans is in the Gorican meeting and Bomber in the Polish one, so I guess its all up in the air?!

I'm always suspicious when speedway promoters are quiet. It usually means they are covering up bad news.

Surely they have spoken to their riders about their plans, and surely they have sourced guests by now.

Then why are they keeping quiet? Probably having seen the line up's they don't fancy the meeting themselves. :sad:

As a neutral (with a Bees bias I suppose), I'm just looking forward to seeing a Speedway meeting.

I understand how people feel but what, in reality, can either promoter really do in this instance other than to re-arrange it?

If their fixture list is correct, Cov still have to re-arrange EL(A) home meetings against Eastbourne and Birmingham. Yes, I can understand people saying "ride an alternative race night if there are insufficient Fridays", but then you may still have similar problems if riders are unavailable through their other commitments for teams abroad.

Of course it isn't an ideal situation. But it is what it is. You just have to get on with it.