British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevethelion

Leicester V Swindon Saturday June 21st

Steady said he didn't think he could get out off gate 4 and opted to not take the black and white in that heat, so not really Norries error, a good team man, thinking of the team and not me, me, me, me!! Quite often you see heat leaders donning the black and white after a poor ride or two, that's why they are heat leaders for gods sake, just because you have a bad ride or two, 0, 0, 6, 3, 3 is not unheard of now, is it......!!

You have a fair point Shale searcher and an honest opinion from Steady but he has been riding really well recently and has been gating well and knowing once you gate at BP you are gone.

Surely if you are team manager you make the decisions,I think if Rosco had been in the same position there would have been no argument.

• Like 1

Steady said he didn't think he could get out off gate 4 and opted to not take the black and white in that heat, so not really Norries error, a good team man, thinking of the team and not me, me, me, me!! Quite often you see heat leaders donning the black and white after a poor ride or two, that's why they are heat leaders for gods sake, just because you have a bad ride or two, 0, 0, 6, 3, 3 is not unheard of now, is it......!!

So steady was defeated before he went to the start, managers Should tell the riders what they expect them to do and encourage them they can do it.

So Allen & stead lost lions the match then.

Let's hope lions go back to the premier league next season.

So steady was defeated before he went to the start, managers Should tell the riders what they expect them to do and encourage them they can do it.

Gate 4 looked ok all night & without knowing the gate stats I thought it was quite even across all 4.

As long as we don't swap places again. Best thing Panthers ever did. The racing this year at the EoES is terrific. AND we get regular weekly meetings (almost) Shame we can't get the crowds, but that's been an ongoing concern since the Mercer showground regime.

Gate 4 looked ok all night & without knowing the gate stats I thought it was quite even across all 4.

Gate 1, had 4 wins. Gate 2, had 3 wins. Gate 3, had 6 wins. Gate 4, had 2 wins. Simon Gustafsson won off gate 4 in heat 5, then Simon Stead in heat 10. I agree, maybe Simon Stead should have more belief in him self, also Norrie should of been stronger.

Gate 1, had 4 wins. Gate 2, had 3 wins. Gate 3, had 6 wins. Gate 4, had 2 wins. Simon Gustafsson won off gate 4 in heat 5, then Simon Stead in heat 10. I agree, maybe Simon Stead should have more belief in him self, also Norrie should of been stronger.

I'd normally say these sort of stats don't count for much, as races won from the back distort the figures. But then this is Leicester...

• Like 1

Lets just face it the wrong manager was chosen in the first place. He don't seem to have a clue how to get the riders to think posative. It looks like if you are not riding to well then Norrie just gives you the boot and gets another rider. There may be more to it with the 2 riders that left, giving the reason that they where not racing in the UK any more this seaon that what was actually true.

A manager needs to be firm and he always needs to motivate the team, not destroy all the riders confidences and then moan and groan about them in the local rag and 9on the radio.

The Lions good and should do well, lets hope that now we have a team back together again that they can get back racing together and start to win some races. It seems years ago since we won the last one.

Funniest result of the season. Feel sorry for those Leicester fans that did pay to go and watch turgid racing between two half teams, not even having a hollow victory to celebrate.

• Like 2

Funniest result of the season. Feel sorry for those Leicester fans that did pay to go and watch turgid racing between two half teams, not even having a hollow victory to celebrate.

Why would you feel sorry for Leicester fans,we all know the racing is not top notch but we the decide to go or not....it's our choice.....so no need to patronise us.
  • Like 3

What happened to B Pedersen thought he was riding instead of doyle?

We were informed that his Polish team had recalled all their riders for a training session.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Leicester & I am sure the other Robins fans that went did too (there was a few of us). Big thanks to the very helpful fans & bar staff who were good natured in defeat & helped us with our journey back to the train station when the 50000 Kasabian fans in Leicester also wanted to book a taxi at the same time!

• Like 1

hahaha Robert you of all people Hoping that , after having his snout in the trough with all the big pigs , mr hemsley will go back to the lower table . Not on your nelly , when all the other teams have dropped down leicester will be in the Elite league by themselves. never mind the regular race nights , varied opposition and more even competition , Hemsleys team are where they belong ,way up there in the upper echelons , and nobody is taking that away from him ,