British Speedway Forum
waco

Lakeside V Leicester Frid 13th June

Weather set fair looking forward to this one against the lions got to fancy a home win,,,,opinions? sorry spelt Leicester wrong on cant change it..

Edited by waco

Weather set fair looking forward to this one against the lions got to fancy a home win,,,,opinions? sorry spelt Leicester wrong on cant change it..

I started a thread but it's disappeared down the page

Call up your first entry, press the edit key , then press use full editor, this will allow you to change the heading.

Edited by A ORLOV

As much as i enjoy going over to watch the meet live, i really get can't too excited about this meet as i can only see the one outcome, hopefully i am proved wrong and it will be a close encounter but i feel Lakeside will be too strong.

As much as i enjoy going over to watch the meet live, i really get can't too excited about this meet as i can only see the one outcome, hopefully i am proved wrong and it will be a close encounter but i feel Lakeside will be too strong.

If you enjoy it, then why not do it? Let's face it there's nothing on the gogglebox other than some sort of over-publicised diving competition in South America! :P:D

• Like 5

Thanks for that information Orlov

people can mock the World Cup but I would rather watch Spain vs Holland than the guest ridden elite league.

I'm not convinced this will be the walk in the park that some of you are suggesting. Leicester have a good heatleader line-up especially now Rory has been booked in place of the absent Hougaard. Stead proved last Monday that he can tackle a circuit not too dis-similar to the Arena Raceway. PK seems to fade as the meeting progresses whilst Davey traditionally runs a last place or two usually off gate 4. Mikkel and Lewis are unpredictable and too often we depend upon the reliability of 'Awesome' Lawson. Overall, I expect Lakeside to win but not by much and in the end it could come down to the performances of the reserves as long as Adam can stay on the bike. I'm looking forward to seeing how young Josh Bates goes though.

• Like 1

I'm not convinced this will be the walk in the park that some of you are suggesting. Leicester have a good heatleader line-up especially now Rory has been booked in place of the absent Hougaard. Stead proved last Monday that he can tackle a circuit not too dis-similar to the Arena Raceway. PK seems to fade as the meeting progresses whilst Davey traditionally runs a last place or two usually off gate 4. Mikkel and Lewis are unpredictable and too often we depend upon the reliability of 'Awesome' Lawson. Overall, I expect Lakeside to win but not by much and in the end it could come down to the performances of the reserves as long as Adam can stay on the bike. I'm looking forward to seeing how young Josh Bates goes though.

Good post . In the A fixture Lakeside were 10 points up after heat 9 and still only 10 points up at the finish. If Leicester get their skates on a bit earlier they will be in with a shout if the usual Lakeside fade occurs in the last 5 heats.

Lovely summers evening at a speedway meeting. No better place to be on a Friday night whatever the track, whatever the League. The couch potatoes are can keep their night indoors with the footy, this weather is what speedway was designed for.

I agree - I don't think this will be that easy but I'd like to think we should be able to take all 3 points.

If you enjoy it, then why not do it? Let's face it there's nothing on the gogglebox other than some sort of over-publicised diving competition in South America! :P:D

Like i said i enjoy it but never said i was not going. I just mentioned that i can't get over excited about it. I am there every week work permitting with my 2 kids 4 & 6 without fail and that won't change.

• Like 1

I agree - I don't think this will be that easy but I'd like to think we should be able to take all 3 points.

Agreed. It will be "just what the DOCTOR ordered"! ;)

I hope Lions get a point or 2 just to annoy Jon Cook

Outside chance of a Thunderstorm, later part of the evening I think, shouldn't occur before 9pm, but you neverknow......

Met Office shows 0% "Precipitation probability" for the rest of the day