British Speedway Forum
waco

Lakeside V Leicester Frid 13th June

I think that Perry had reached his level with Leicester, he is one of the more mature FTDR riders, and doubt he was going to get any better... Max and now Josh have a great deal of potential, and will show regular improvement, and are probably likely to stay in Speedway, Josh is carrying an injury at the moment, and Lakeside is a tough track to race on when not 100%, you're always on the move on the bike, turning hard and wrestling it... In my opinion.

Certainly not the impression Ben Morley gives when riding the track - he seems to be in an armchair - ultra smooth!

Certainly not the impression Ben Morley gives when riding the track - he seems to be in an armchair - ultra smooth!

TBF Stuart Robson used to say that Lakeside was the most physically demanding track in the EL, although Ben has good throttle control which makes it seem easier. I did get the impression that Josh Bates was one of the open the throttle and hang on types and that led to his close inspection of the air fence.