British Speedway Forum
waco

Lakeside V Leicester Frid 13th June

17.15 here looking out from the Hammers speedway office it's mainly blue sky up above, everyone is not in love (the old'uns will tell you what song that bit comes from!), there's a few fluffy white bits too and it's Hot! Hot! Hot! So, forget the diving competition on the old gogglebox and, as someone used to say, COME ON DOWN! :wink:

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 1

Met Office shows 0% "Precipitation probability" for the rest of the day

But have you had a' freak drying wind' today that has dried the track out?

Weather set fair looking forward to this one against the lions got to fancy a home win,,,,opinions? sorry spelt Leicester wrong on cant change it..

you certainly did , It's Lesta

• Like 1

Another good solid display from the Hammers. Great to see PK looking faster again! Lewis continued his incredible home form, we're going to miss him next week. Lawson and Bech were unlucky not to pick up a couple more points.

I was quite impressed with Max Clegg, well done to him. Bates struggled though.

Edited by Mjolnir
  • Like 3

Well another bad show from the lions lets get back to the Pl not good enough ellite

Krzysztof Buczkowski and Nicolai Klindt in for Hougaard & Bjerre.

Edited by The Observer

If Buczkowski can carry on where he left off last year then this could be 2 great signings. Klindt at Leicester is going to have a great time!

A comfortable win for the Hammers - 14 heat winners and, ironically, the Lions only heat winner was wearing a 'black & white' at the time.

Jason Doyle was very disappointing overall whereas Simon Stead was 'steady' (consistent) which is more than can be said for Mads & Lasse.

Max Clegg looked way the better reserve tonight notwithstanding his counterpart is the current Under 21 champ.

For the Hammers - a good solid all round performance. We shall certainly miss Lewis next Friday against KL and it was pleasing to see PK get back to his imperious form tonight.

Edited by TonyE
  • Like 1

Met Office shows 0% "Precipitation probability" for the rest of the day

Its all kicked off south west of the track, Swindon, AndoverAres getting a right pasting, lots of cloud to ground lightning and heavy rain.... The met office issued a late warning, but so far for the wrong areas!! The hi res weather prediction and charts just looked Bob on for around Purfleet and surrounds, may still happen in your early hours...

So the berating PK took for his perfomance as a guest worked as a nice little team talk in Lakesides favour :rolleyes: I wonder if Doyle will get the same in the local press for getting 4 points from 4 races? Hopefully new signings can bed in quickly.

• Like 1

I hope Lions get a point or 2 just to annoy Jon Cook

Looks like that churlish comment came back to bite you.

LAKESIDE 59 LEICESTER 36 (despite two tacticals).

Cookie looked like the cat that got the cream, Norrie White had face like a wet Monday when he left. EDIT---Norrie Allen-Sorry Steve O.!

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 1

Doyle is another one on the list of riders showing themselves up by refusing to go the long way round the stock car track back to the pits. It surprised me to be honest, I didn't expect it from him. The promotion are doing these things to try and improve the presentation but some riders just aren't interested!

At least he got the message once they linked the barriers together so they couldn't be forced apart - or perhaps the clerk of the course finally said something?

• Like 1

Looks like that churlish comment came back to bite you.

LAKESIDE 59 LEICESTER 36 (despite two tacticals).

Cookie looked like the cat that got the cream, Norrie White had face like a wet Monday when he left.

Who's Norrie White?

Who's Norrie White?

Norrie Allen when I forget his name !

O.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 1