British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crump99

Panthers V Workington (lcsf) Tues 17/6/14

They can't ride PL if they ride in Poland I thought? Sure it was Piszc that caused that rule to come into play a few years ago.

RP didn't get a polish team hence why he turned up at Redcar.

Obviously I`m not there every week, but there looked a fairly decent crowd there last Tuesday. Main stand was quite well populated, though not many along back straight.

Crowd levels I would say are worryingly low. Many that prefer Elite League have voted with their feet,

Crowd levels I would say are worryingly low. Many that prefer Elite League have voted with their feet,

Peterborough`s speedway fans need to realise what they have in the EoES, fantastic facilities and decent racing, maybe a Tuesday race night isn't the most popular but it would be a shame if there was to be another winter of uncertainty for Peterborough Speedway.

Rick bailing out the Panthers again?

Protecting his investment as the owner and allegedly doing what many don't or can't do in that the sums add up?

Peterborough`s speedway fans need to realise what they have in the EoES, fantastic facilities and decent racing, maybe a Tuesday race night isn't the most popular but it would be a shame if there was to be another winter of uncertainty for Peterborough Speedway.

Those of us who turn up regularly do but your view is rather simplistic!

Edited by Crump99

The racing has been good probably better than the elite, but nothing better than watching those crazy poles round the showground

Rick bailing out the Panthers again?

That's was the rumour circulating

Edited by hans fan

Arguably the racing is better than Elite although I would not necessarily agree. However its a bit like saying that Spurs, Arsenal or Man U fans prefer the Championship because the football is better.

Arguably the racing is better than Elite although I would not necessarily agree. However its a bit like saying that Spurs, Arsenal or Man U fans prefer the Championship because the football is better.

I think we're lucky no matter what league we're in we'll see decent racing , trouble is I doubt it's sustainable at any level considering the costs of running a meeting at the showground

L

I think we're lucky no matter what league we're in we'll see decent racing , trouble is I doubt it's sustainable at any level considering the costs of running a meeting at the showground

L

Therein lies the trouble, Speedway has continually been dumbed down to the lowest common denominator and thence to the point of oblivion. Those like RF who had any vision or ambition and the means to carry it through have been driven out of the sport.

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 6

Therein lies the trouble, Speedway has been continually been dumbed down to the lowest common denominator and thence to the point of oblivion. Those like RF who had any vision or ambition and the means to carry it through have been driven out of the sport.

100% agree

Does make you wonder why MH had another go when he knew what it was like:

"In an official statement, Colin Horton said: "An agreement has been made between Mick and myself to transfer the interests of the club to me.

"Mick has spent the last three seasons maintaing Peterborough's presence in the Elite League and he felt a financial injection was needed to sustain the club's existence.

"This purchase will safeguard the future of Peterborough Speedway and allow the club to move forward.

"I would like to thank Mick for all the hard work he has put into the club and I am confident we can take it on to the next level." PT 26/5/05)

CH did take us to the next level (apparently making a shedful in 2006) with Bratley in tow and an alleged thriving commercial side. Bratley said a long time ago that crowds alone could not sustain Peterborough and he also worked hard on presentation as well, even if I didn't like it all. Look at the overall product since then. Never quite there with Rick until the last few months of 5 years and only Newcastle in 2014 worked due to Sky and a cheap admission crowd who found the gates locked if they returned next time!

Edited by Crump99

Which Elite league, we haven't got one in this Country any more, not when you compare it to the Swedish League , now that is speedway :t:

Which Elite league, we haven't got one in this Country any more, not when you compare it to the Swedish League , now that is speedway :t:

That is the result of the the BSPA's perceived panacea of increasing admission prices whilst watering down the product.