British Speedway Forum
Skid Sprocket

Smythe's Speedway World

had my copy for xmas, makes a lovely little present for any speedway fan whether nostalgic for the old days or not.

Thanks for that Gee Jay its really appreciated.

Any more favourable (hopefully favourable) comments from anyone else to help boost sales for this very worthwhile charity fund?

Edited by Skid Sprocket

Thanks to all who purchased a copy of Smythe's Speedway World, you have made it possible for me to send £105 to the Ben fund. There are still copies available to help this very worthwhile cause.

There has been a renewed interest in the speedway cartoon booklet recently and we are down to a handful of copies left.

As 2017 is the 100th anniversary of the birth of Reg Smythe, the Museum of Hartlepool are having an exhibition of Reg's life and work which will naturally be dominated by Andy Capp but I have been asked to submit examples of his earlier work which includes his speedway character Skid Sprocket.

This museum exhibit may trigger a new interest in the booklet and I am considering ordering more copies. If any forum members would be interested in a copy and help the SRBF could you let me know as it will help me decide whether to order more.