British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pointsmeanplayoffs

King's Lynn Stars V Belle Vue Aces - Wed 18 June

Zagar letting Aces down when it matters first retirement, then comes out with a bike like a donkey in next and that one stops.

Before questions get asked at Zagar..... how about Nicholls?

• Like 1

AND now the stream has run out of time with 1 heat to go at 10pm.

Ridiculous how long It's dragged on.

And they still have the MDL match to follow.

• Like 1

Anyone enjoying this meeting at Eastbourne :D How many more track grades! it seems like its every 2 Heats now.

When I worked on track at the old Kings Lynn (grass centre green, upright engines, mini mudder front guards and the Bell Moto 4 had just taken top spot in crash hats from the Bell Moto 3) tractors graded after every race, once they'd got past heat 3/4, perhaps a quick couple of laps after every heat is quicker than the normal 4 big track grades done now after heats 4, 7, 10 & 14?

• Like 1

Agree.

Always used to be a couple of laps after each race when I was a lad.

I hope I don't get any more funny feelings :D

• Like 1

Why do you think it takes so long to grade during the meeting these days.....? To many laps? Virtually no manual hand raking during meeting? Shale different? Riders dictating to curator what they want doing? Or ?

Midnight finish lol

It will be Sky's fault no doubt, for dictating the speed of the meeting with their advert breaks. Well it certainly would have been if they had been there televising it.

Hey, don't knock it, last season England beat the All Blacks when nobody gave them a chance. ;)

Must have been the season before last, all blacks were undefeated in 2013

Buster apologised on the centre grey this evening, apparantly he over watered during the sun delay meaning the track was tricky early on and berms kept generating, presumably the regular grading was to even them out. Personally I have no problem with the sun delay, safety has to come first. Not a lot can be done about it.

The meeting itself was pretty mundane until the last few races so just good to collect the three points, however the highlight has to be Cook's performance, finally he had a good meeting at Lynn with the SWC just round the corner, even showed a ruthless streak at the end of heat 13 to block Bjerre off Pedersen style. Hope he can reproduce that in a few weeks time.

Lastly it was great to catch up with MrMungo & HalifaxTiger again, it's been too long chaps!

and was it me, or were the riders taking hours settling down at the tapes every race with gardening and fiddling around. Normally expect it a bit from NKI but everyone was at it. Was waiting for the ref to exclude someone for it...

...and the A47 stuffed up as I left with traffic lights in the middle of the contraflow bit...what was that about...grrrrr?

Yep gardening was the worst I have seen in a league match.

Cookie seems to have carried it on from Monday.

Buster apologised on the centre grey this evening, apparantly he over watered during the sun delay meaning the track was tricky early on and berms kept generating, presumably the regular grading was to even them out. Personally I have no problem with the sun delay, safety has to come first. Not a lot can be done about it.

The meeting itself was pretty mundane until the last few races so just good to collect the three points, however the highlight has to be Cook's performance, finally he had a good meeting at Lynn with the SWC just round the corner, even showed a ruthless streak at the end of heat 13 to block Bjerre off Pedersen style. Hope he can reproduce that in a few weeks time.

Lastly it was great to catch up with MrMungo & HalifaxTiger again, it's been too long chaps!

Well for me the highlight was Niels overtaking of Cook and Worrall in the last heat - just awesome!! Niklas getting Worrall was a close second too - way ahead of anything Cook did, unless of course being a gating tart warrants praise. And since when has copying Nicki P been a good thing??! Is that what GB need? :o

As for the match it was touch and go early on - Niels EF before the start of ht1 didn't help and the Aces were getting out of the traps quicker with the track not brilliant for passing, but it got better about ht10 onwards and thankfully Lynn did some passing when it mattered. The bad luck more or less evened out too due to Zagar's problem(s?) cancelling out ht1 and Lambert's fall, and in the end a well earned 3 points for Lynn.