British Speedway Forum
Boobs

Berwick Vs Redcar (saturday 21st)

You have to feel it for the Berwick fans who once again have been short changed can I ask any Berwick fans when they last saw a full meeting. I was not at Berwick so can't comment on the situation last night .but have a feeling there going to be loosing fans .

• Like 1

There are just far to many incidents in meetings nowadays that lead to fans standing about getting fed up.Medical cover is expensive but has to be improved.The powers at be are not doing anything in the sport that would attempt reduce accidents ,you could say that track conditions caused Wethers accident last night as a lot of riders were struggling on the exit to the 4th bend and Liam just pulled a slight locker and Matty clipped him.People are fed up be told the paramedics are tending to the riders (we know that).better arrangements have to be put in place to compensate for these situations should they arise.What happened to the Medical room that was going to help these situations at Berwick I have never seen it in use.In the case last night to bring in a Doctor from outside is admiral but standing on the terrace waiting for him at 9.10 with 6 heats having been run you knew that the meeting would never get 15hts in due to the curfew let alone there being another delay,perhaps Berwick should seek council permission to extend curfew when this happens as an emergency cover.At the end of the day the fans were short changed again only seeing 10 heats.

great post.

You have to feel it for the Berwick fans who once again have been short changed can I ask any Berwick fans when they last saw a full meeting. I was not at Berwick so can't comment on the situation last night .but have a feeling there going to be loosing fans .

Last night was the first time we have not completed a 15Ht PL match, though if there is a delay the junior riders can forget about getting out on track, for example last night there was due to be a NJL Cup Final after the PL meeting.

great post.

It is indeed, hopefully it will be brought to the attention of the Berwick Promotion, I sure it will be. ;);)

Didn't the FIM offer to pay any fines levied by the local council for going over the 9.30 curfew for the GP Qualifier?

I'm sure that curfew for week nights is 10 pm due to thel later start time

Speaking with someone on Facebook who is part of the first aid team, from their perspective, someone has been opening their mouth without knowing the full facts! Potentially VERY damaging to both that person and our club!

Speaking with someone on Facebook who is part of the first aid team, from their perspective, someone has been opening their mouth without knowing the full facts! Potentially VERY damaging to both that person and our club!

So was Richard Lawson mistaken and shouldn't have tweeted what he did ? Or has the damage limitation spin started to try and make last night's fiasco be swept under the carpet ?

• Like 1

I would be interested to hear from those present at what actual time was heat 10 run last night??

From updates and twitter reports it appeared to me that heat 9 was close to being after 9.30 and heat 10 was definitely after that time, if this is the case then I would question why the Berwick promotion are happy to ignore curfew to get to the stage of the meeting they want to but then ignore the wishes of fans and riders to continue further.

If it was in fact the case that heat 10 was completed before 9.30 I apologise for suggesting any promotion could try and use curfew for their own benefit. :nono:

Best wishes to both Mattys for a speedy recovery

• Like 1

So was Richard Lawson mistaken and shouldn't have tweeted what he did ? Or has the damage limitation spin started to try and make last night's fiasco be swept under the carpet ?

In her opinion lawson should not have tweeted! She's got no reason to spin.. She'd have been the 1st to report had she questioned anyone's safety cos she's part of the team it would look bad on!

In her opinion lawson should not have tweeted! She's got no reason to spin.. She'd have been the 1st to report had she questioned anyone's safety cos she's part of the team it would look bad on!

This is something worrying for the sport as a whole though . We shoot ourselves in the foot with predictable ease on an almost weekly basis . If it's true that a meeting didn't run it's full course because of what was alleged last night , then we really are getting to the stage where the sport has become a joke .

• Like 1

So what's the full facts then?? Pointless saying that then nothing at all. :)

I`m sure Berwick will do all they can to get on the charm offensive this week, I think Lawson was ill-advised to tweet that in his opinion on the doctor, however if he is right is very worrying that this was allowed to happen.

Mr Lawson should be very careful what he says on social media if he is wrong then implications may follow not that long ago bandits promotion threaten to sue a supporter over allegations labeled at them Edited by Goodiepatchie

To be frank I couldn't car less whether the replacement doctor was drunk, I`m far more bothered about getting adequate medical cover at Shielfield every Saturday night so we avoid paying customers sitting around with the possibility of losing races, or in last nights case a NJL Final.

• Like 1

I would be interested to hear from those present at what actual time was heat 10 run last night??

From updates and twitter reports it appeared to me that heat 9 was close to being after 9.30 and heat 10 was definitely after that time, if this is the case then I would question why the Berwick promotion are happy to ignore curfew to get to the stage of the meeting they want to but then ignore the wishes of fans and riders to continue further.

If it was in fact the case that heat 10 was completed before 9.30 I apologise for suggesting any promotion could try and use curfew for their own benefit. :nono:

Best wishes to both Mattys for a speedy recovery

I suppose it depends on your watch was it a Timex from Taffy's or aTag Heuer!!! Whatever time it was the paying public were short changed again which is happening too much in the Sport these days.Anything to get a result declared seems to be priority Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

So what's the full facts then?? Pointless saying that then nothing at all. :)

I know you're from Newcastle so I'll make it simple...

Someone I know from the first aid team, who is on duty every single week and takes her responsibilities seriously, says he WAS NOT drunk... This person, as i have already posted would have been one of the 1st to report them had she any concerns about rider safety... Richard Lawson should not have tweeted! I really hope full facts do come out in this!

• Like 2