British Speedway Forum
Boobs

Berwick Vs Redcar (saturday 21st)

and that 'giggle' could rightly or wrongly cost an individual their career or livlihood as Starshooter has explained.

no it couldn't?? The truth or investigation will decide that surely not some allegation.... Unless the powers that be go around sacking folk on the say so of a post on twitter.....

I believe the County Ambulances are at various locations in the County when not in use.In previous incidents sometimes the Ambulance can arrive promptly but we still have a lengthy due to paperwork ect.Being honest even as a diehard supporter I am getting fed up with all the delays if there is a crash ,after all there is a big probability there will be one given the nature of the sport.The situation definately has to be looked into at most Tracks in the Country.

Absolutely, which is why I hope the promotion at Berwick addresses any delays.

Think if i owned a speedway club , i would ban my riders from using social media sites

Until recently I was under the impression that the use of mobile phones at all tracks was banned from the pits area during racing

I see Lawsons first twitter remark has been removed if he wants more than 2 rides up to heat 10 when a result can be called maybe he should have a word with Havvy

Your rider with highest average has to ride at number 1 .. I am pretty sure Havvy didn't design the race format where an away number one has his third ride in heat 11

As usual, you make fair point but I do think the consequences of not having adequate cover need to be considered. Incidents like the one at Workington - where the meeting was called off prior to heat 10 - are rare but the cost to the promotion of re-running that meeting would probably pay for additional cover for an entire season.

The effect on fans also needs to be considered. As a die hard, I find it annoying but just about tolerable. A newbie, though, sat around waiting for ages - at Rye House last year, it was about 90 minutes delay - would probably be put off altogether and to those who are already becoming disenchanted it would merely hasten their departure.

Just because he looked drunk doesn't mean he was drunk and its extremely serious to make such an allegation without knowing it for sure. It could easily be that his behaviour was due to illness.

He almost certainly wasn't swigging medical alcohol during the meeting, so if what Lawson has said is true he must have been inebriated before hand. You would have thought that others would have noticed it and reported it to the match referee given the potentially lethal consequences.

Screm is right. This needs to be looked into and a public announcement made. As with the 'health and safety' issue at Peterborough, I somehow doubt if that will happen - especially if it reflects badly on the promotion.

If it is the case that Lawson is wrong, he should be heavily fined.

Lawson seemingly quoted what was in his opinion a paramedic who appeared drunk. He is no medical expert for sure, but how many on here seeing someone experiencing the signs relating to the conditions which mimic a drunken state, would not draw the same conclusion. The bottom line here though is irrespective of the cause behind the medico's withdrawal, several hundred fans were adversely affected thanks to the BSPA's rules on minimal medical cover. While we at Newcastle are blessed in this area, are we to judge how other clubs balance their finances by merely adhering to those rules. In recent weeks this has bitten both Worky and Berwick, but for the grace of god who will be next.

Edited by HadrianDog

Until recently I was under the impression that the use of mobile phones at all tracks was banned from the pits area during racing

SCB Rule

A mandatory ban on the use, from 15 minutes before Heat 1 until the end of the Official
Meeting of all Mobile telephones, iPads, Laptops, Tablets etc. and other external
communication equipment within the Pits/Paddock area and the Referee / Announcer room.The exceptions are:the recording of Heat/Meeting Results,the playing of music via the Stadium PA system,approvedlive broadcasts

or to summon the Emergency Services

• Like 1

Richard Lawson's tweet was made long after the meeting had finished.

shame that this thread has now became the story of what happened off track not on track.

shame that this thread has now became the story of what happened off track not on track.

Let's face it more happened off the track than on it.There is an answer that would put this post to bed,but as yet it has not been given.
  • Like 1

And presumably if it wasn't down to illness then Berwick Speedway should be heavily fined and made to recompense those present?

If you in good faith employ someone to do a job and they come with the right bits of paper saying they are competent to do it, you then have taken the necessary steps to cover yourself surely. If he was drunk then he is at fault, illness another matter entirely. Real point here is RULES SAY NO BACK-UP NEEDED. Which is twaddle.

Richard Lawson's tweet was made long after the meeting had finished.

Yes that's true in this instance , but it wouldn't be the first time or will it be the last time for that matter, that the rule has been abused in recent seasons would it?

If the message was posted on Twitter before, during or after the meeting is immaterial the post was made and even if it has now been deleted the damage is done,

Look what happened to Sam Masters his season was to conclude early, when he received a 28-day ban from the Speedway Control Bureau following comments he made via his Facebook page after making a guest appearance for Rye House against Scunthorpe at Hoddesdon on 2 October.

Edited by starshooter
  • Like 1

Let's face it more happened off the track than on it.There is an answer that would put this post to bed,but as yet it has not been given.

I agree Lawson needs to substantiate his statement and the grounds on which he publicly made it.

Otherwise, he could get himself in an unpleasant situation.

I agree Lawson needs to substantiate his statement and the grounds on which he publicly made it.

Otherwise, he could get himself in an unpleasant situation.

Personaly I was not thinking of Lawson making a statement

Think if i owned a speedway club , i would ban my riders from using social media sites

But without his post this scenario would have been covered up. With or without any wrongdoing re. the medico, the real farce is losing one person {or ambulance} wrecks the whole meeting, and this is right because?

Judging by his last tweet he's been told to remove it.... Either way it needs clarifying, but I doubt we will hear of it again.

Still would like to know what indications gave Lawson the idea of intoxication.