British Speedway Forum
Boobs

Berwick Vs Redcar (saturday 21st)

They are not responsible for the paramedic getting plastered (if indeed that was the case)

They absolutely are - as the company in charge then any paid (or indeed unpaid) persons operating under their authority are their responsibility. If they failed to take due diligence as to whether persons under their control were fit and able to carry out their assigned duties then they are the ones liable for any litigation and/or law suits resulting as a result of said employee being unable to carry out their assigned duties.

When Ash Birks was injured at Plymouth last season (seriously, as it turned out) the meeting was delayed for 15 minutes while they repaired the fence.

Plymouth are one of the teams who have additional cover.

I can imagine that the wait at Berwick would be horrendous. Doesn't the county ambulance come from/go to Galashiels ?

I believe the County Ambulances are at various locations in the County when not in use.In previous incidents sometimes the Ambulance can arrive promptly but we still have a lengthy due to paperwork ect.Being honest even as a diehard supporter I am getting fed up with all the delays if there is a crash ,after all there is a big probability there will be one given the nature of the sport.The situation definately has to be looked into at most Tracks in the Country. Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

When Ash Birks was injured at Plymouth last season (seriously, as it turned out) the meeting was delayed for 15 minutes while they repaired the fence.

I can imagine that the wait at Berwick would be horrendous. Doesn't the county ambulance come from/go to Galashiels ?

No the ambulance comes from Berwick in fact about 1/2 mile as the crow flies from the track, there are 2 vehciles based here then its Belford then alnwick or we can get support from chirnside over the border never from gala. the main a&e for Berwick is wansbeck but can go to borders or Edinburgh hope this helps

• Like 1

They absolutely are - as the company in charge then any paid (or indeed unpaid) persons operating under their authority are their responsibility. If they failed to take due diligence as to whether persons under their control were fit and able to carry out their assigned duties then they are the ones liable for any litigation and/or law suits resulting as a result of said employee being unable to carry out their assigned duties.

What I meant was they have no control over him prior to the meeting at all.

Further, I am not so sure that what you have said is true and would suggest that the responsibility would lie with the paramedic. Only if the promotion were aware that he was unfit are they then culpable.

If they were not aware (or had no reason to be suspicious) I would say it would be an unreasonable expectation for them to take proactive measures to find out.

No the ambulance comes from Berwick in fact about 1/2 mile as the crow flies from the track, there are 2 vehciles based here then its Belford then alnwick or we can get support from chirnside over the border never from gala. the main a&e for Berwick is wansbeck but can go to borders or Edinburgh hope this helps

Going by the updates , it wasn't until Kus needed medical assistance that the situation with the paramedic became known . So it would then be reasonable to assume that nobody knew he was under the influence , if he indeed was .

Sorry i've put this under the wrong quote , and we no longer seem to have a delete button

Edited by Paulco

I believe the County Ambulances are at various locations in the County when not in use.In previous incidents sometimes the Ambulance can arrive promptly but we still have a lengthy due to paperwork ect.Being honest even as a diehard supporter I am getting fed up with all the delays if there is a crash ,after all there is a big probability there will be one given the nature of the sport.The situation definately has to be looked into at most Tracks in the Country.

Can take bloody ages.

In the Rye House case above, the hospital is only a few miles from the track and it is my understanding why that is why it took so long (although, to be fair, the track ambulance actually went to the hospital)

Edited by Halifaxtiger

The Doctor or the Paramedic is answerable only to the referee or the BSPA & SCB not the promoter or the clerk of the course but in saying that I hope that the people on here & Twitter or Face Book have a emergency fund at their disposal because if the accusations that have been made against the Paramedic are wrong then there could be a lot of summons to appear in court in the post very soon, But if the Paramedic was found to be intoxicated then he will have to answer to the Health Profession's Council (Paramedics ruling body) and will invariably struck off the paramedics register and banned from practicing as a paramedic for life

• Like 5

The Doctor or the Paramedic is answerable only to the referee or the BSPA & SCB not the promoter or the clerk of the course but in saying that I hope that the people on here & Twitter or Face Book have a emergency fund at their disposal because if the accusations that have been made against the Paramedic are wrong then there could be a lot of summons to appear in court in the post very soon, But if the Paramedic was found to be intoxicated then he will have to answer to the Health Profession's Council (Paramedics ruling body) and will invariably struck off the paramedics register and banned from practicing as a paramedic for life

Dont be silly . After the twitter post , everybody else was just having a giggle .

Dont be silly . After the twitter post , everybody else was just having a giggle .

Star shooter either was a paramedic or was in the support crew, so I can understand her reaction.

I'd say its pretty serious to publicly accuse a paramedic of being plastered in the course of his duties and some on here seem to have taken Lawson's word as the truth when it could be anything but.

I certainly didn't think that most of those remarks made were in jest.

• Like 2

Star shooter either was a paramedic or was in the support crew, so I can understand her reaction.

I'd say its pretty serious to publicly accuse a paramedic of being plastered in the course of his duties and some on here seem to have taken Lawson's word as the truth when it could be anything but.

I certainly didn't think that most of those remarks made were in jest.

I was talking more about the posts last night immediately after Son of God's revelations

• Like 1

I see Lawsons first twitter remark has been removed if he wants more than 2 rides up to heat 10 when a result can be called maybe he should have a word with Havvy

Think if i owned a speedway club , i would ban my riders from using social media sites

• Like 6

I see Lawsons first twitter remark has been removed if he wants more than 2 rides up to heat 10 when a result can be called maybe he should have a word with Havvy

Judging by his last tweet he's been told to remove it.... Either way it needs clarifying, but I doubt we will hear of it again.
  • Like 3

and that 'giggle' could rightly or wrongly cost an individual their career or livlihood as Starshooter has explained.

it is a very serious allegation and one that stretches way beyond speedway and will have to be dealt with as such. Berwick are right (did I just type that? lol) not to make any comment on it just now.

if it turns out to be a wrongful accusation Mr Lawson could find himself in very serious trouble. Thats the payback of social media

• Like 1

Stand to be corrected here, but I think the nearest ambulance station is literally 5mins from the track, of course that is presuming the ambulance isn't out on call.