British Speedway Forum
Boobs

Berwick Vs Redcar (saturday 21st)

Matty & Matej Update :
Matty WETHERS is home with no broken bones but he is very sore . Bike , helmet & neck brace all totally wrecked . Matej KUS has rested all day & is feeling much better , he travels home to Czech tomorrow where he will see his GP .

Update taken from Berwick Speedway Facebook, delighted to see better news on both riders.

I suppose it depends on your watch was it a Timex from Taffy's or aTag Heuer!!! Whatever time it was the paying public were short changed again which is happening too much in the Sport these days.Anything to get a result declared seems to be priority

Poor example, Timex quartz watch will lose or gain 1 to 10seconds in a year (on a full battery). A Tag Heuer automatic' s perameter is to lose or gain between 1 minute and 3 minutes week :nono:

• Like 1

Poor example, Timex quartz watch will lose or gain 1 to 10seconds in a year (on a full battery). A Tag Heuer automatic' s perameter is to lose or gain between 1 minute and 3 minutes week :nono:

Geez,no wonder I am always late!!!

Any chance of this objector kicking the bucket anytime soon?

There is more than 1 objector, when a set of rules are in place you obey them, it is up to the powers that be try to change them.

Spoken like a true Berwick fan and close friend of the said first aider.

Stop trying to sugar coat your doctor being pi$$ed Sarah.

It's a disgrace to Berwick Speedway

Doctor was not pissed, the question is about the Paramedic

I would be interested to hear from those present at what actual time was heat 10 run last night??

From updates and twitter reports it appeared to me that heat 9 was close to being after 9.30 and heat 10 was definitely after that time, if this is the case then I would question why the Berwick promotion are happy to ignore curfew to get to the stage of the meeting they want to but then ignore the wishes of fans and riders to continue further.

If it was in fact the case that heat 10 was completed before 9.30 I apologise for suggesting any promotion could try and use curfew for their own benefit. :nono:

Best wishes to both Mattys for a speedy recovery

Not too bother if it is based on a Timex, Tag-Heuer or Mickey Mouse watch - did no-one notice what time last heat took place?? or is the silence the answer itself :o

By my watch, 21:29 is when the tapes went up for heat 10!
It was a watch I bought from Taffy, make of that what you will...

Edited by bigeddiechek

Your rider with highest average has to ride at number 1 .. I am pretty sure Havvy didn't design the race format where an away number one has his third ride in heat 11

It has got lost with all the interest in other quotes, but there is a valid point raised - if a result is going to be declared surely it would make sense to have heat 11 as cut off. At heat 10, 3 riders are scheduled to have only had 2 rides each, and the away team in theory does have a stronger line up in heat 11, so should they not be given the opportunity to run that race. Granted at the end of heat 11 both number 2s have had 4 rides compared to all the rest only having 3 each, but at least it is equalled out on both sides.

I realise the poor promoters who have to fork out for another heat, and some tracks may have to bend their curfew rules a bit further but imo it does seem a fairer time to call a halt

By my watch, 21:29 is when the tapes went up.

Thank you, in that case I have no issues with curfew being abided to ( but see my further post on relevant heat!!)

unless your watch was set to Berwick summer time :party:

Not too bother if it is based on a Timex, Tag-Heuer or Mickey Mouse watch - did no-one notice what time last heat took place?? or is the silence the answer itself :o

The Redcar. management would surely be taking this into account before they ran Ht 10 and must have agreed to run even if the time curfew had expired.

It has got lost with all the interest in other quotes, but there is a valid point raised - if a result is going to be declared surely it would make sense to have heat 11 as cut off. At heat 10, 3 riders are scheduled to have only had 2 rides each, and the away team in theory does have a stronger line up in heat 11, so should they not be given the opportunity to run that race. Granted at the end of heat 11 both number 2s have had 4 rides compared to all the rest only having 3 each, but at least it is equalled out on both sides.

I realise the poor promoters who have to fork out for another heat, and some tracks may have to bend their curfew rules a bit further but imo it does seem a fairer time to call a halt

Thank you, in that case I have no issues with curfew being abided to ( but see my further post on relevant heat!!)

unless your watch was set to Berwick summer time :party:

Agree regarding calling off at Heat11,the away No1 has only had 2 rides but the home No 1 has had 3 riders.Definately favours Home team in that respect

By my watch, 21:29 is when the tapes went up.

Was it aTag Heuer running slow?

By my watch, 21:29 is when the tapes went up for heat 10!

It is very much to Redcar's credit that they co-operated in helping get the final two races out on track quickly enough to complete ten heats inside the curfew.

There are those who could have dragged their feet, delayed starts and done all sorts of things to prevent the match going to ten races.

Berwick made this clear in their praise of Brian Havelock over the tannoy for such co-operation at the end of the long night.

The mathematics of stopping after ten giving the away team a disadvantage is for another discussion, I think. The rule-book currently says ten heats, that's what it is.

So well done, Havvy!

It is very much to Redcar's credit that they co-operated in helping get the final two races out on track quickly enough to complete ten heats inside the curfew.

There are those who could have dragged their feet, delayed starts and done all sorts of things to prevent the match going to ten races.

Berwick made this clear in their praise of Brian Havelock over the tannoy for such co-operation at the end of the long night.

The mathematics of stopping after ten giving the away team a disadvantage is for another discussion, I think. The rule-book currently says ten heats, that's what it is.

So well done, Havvy!

All true I`m sure, though the fact that Berwick were venerable and Redcar were in with a chance of an away would've giving Havvy snr that bit of extra incentive.

Edited by screm

It is very much to Redcar's credit that they co-operated in helping get the final two races out on track quickly enough to complete ten heats inside the curfew.There are those who could have dragged their feet, delayed starts and done all sorts of things to prevent the match going to ten races.Berwick made this clear in their praise of Brian Havelock over the tannoy for such co-operation at the end of the long night.The mathematics of stopping after ten giving the away team a disadvantage is for another discussion, I think. The rule-book currently says ten heats, that's what it is.So well done, Havvy!

In your opinion,were are just pointing out some disadvantages of an early ending to a meeting,perhaps you and you friends should be looking into making sure the meetings run their full course.I am aware of the rule book in its present state.
  • Like 2

In your opinion,were are just pointing out some disadvantages of an early ending to a meeting,perhaps you and you friends should be looking into making sure the meetings run their full course.I am aware of the rule book in its present state.

This Berwick Promotion are very much fan friendly, I am sure they will address the issues from Saturday and act upon them this week.

This Berwick Promotion are very much fan friendly, I am sure they will address the issues from Saturday and act upon them this week.

Good post!

It's taken me all morning to catch up with this thread alone. ENOUGH, on a subject that is pure speculation..

Why, are we not talking about the badly prepared track, which was the primary cause of the accident between Liam & Mathew. The result,was what caused the hold up, we were lucky the County Ambulance was still in situ. The track in general has been very good this season, I can only think of one as bad about 4 weeks ago, what ever had been done this season to improve the track preparation, get back to doing it and fast. No excuses for that track on Saturday, good weather, no football.

Edited by TOURETTES
  • Like 3