British Speedway Forum
Boobs

Berwick Vs Redcar (saturday 21st)

With 3 meetings coming up in the next week we will all be waiting to see if we have a full squad of Bandits or guest or rr hopefully Wethers and Kus will both be fit at least we got to a heat 10 conclusion last night

Neil Middleditch has just tweeted. ...

""It's what most doctors do these days isn't it? He wasn't racing or putting anyone else's life at risk on the track."

Stupid comment, he's supposed to be in a fit state to help save someone's life if necessary.
  • Like 1

Stupid comment, he's supposed to be in a fit state to help save someone's life if necessary.

doesnt surprise me coming from Middleditch the man who condoned Darcy Wards Behaviour in Oz just waiting on Matt Ford Tweeting 'he's struggling to handle his fame at the moment' Edited by Goodiepatchie

He's taking the Piss after what he said about Darcy Ward at the start of the year!

• Like 2

Didn't the FIM offer to pay any fines levied by the local council for going over the 9.30 curfew for the GP Qualifier?

Didn't the FIM offer to pay any fines levied by the local council for going over the 9.30 curfew for the GP Qualifier?

Its not about paying fines,the council will take a dim view if rules were contravened without permission.I assume Berwick had permission regarding the qualifier as a 1 off event.

Would of been some fine if original meeting had of started at 8:45pm on the Saturday
  • Like 1

It was mentioned on the night, though I`m not sure how true it was, and anyway the rain put pay to that.

seems like redcar made a match of it, fair play I don't rate them at all

looked like our boys were struggling with track at times Robin
  • Like 1

looked like our boys were struggling with track at times Robin

Giving the praise the track has had this year, last night was a step back. Hopefully it was just a blip and we have a good race track next week.

• Like 1

did the doctor drive to the track in his car/van, or wes he picked up at the pub.. lol

doc may have had a shandy, but one shandy and you reek like a brewery.maybe some one should have given dick barrie a breath test all those years ago. cos he talked some pile of crud..

worky last week, bandits this week. maybe rye house next week, who knows just where the next form of entertainment will come from

someone mentioned British speedway is a professional sport. how can it be when the B.S.P.A. ru(i)n it..

• Like 1

Its not about paying fines,the council will take a dim view if rules were contravened without permission.I assume Berwick had permission regarding the qualifier as a 1 off event.

I would imagine there must be leeway for FIM meetings in the planning, probably the Sky ones too? I would think council folk would only be too happy to get plenty visitors for these meetings.

• Like 1

did the doctor drive to the track in his car/van, or wes he picked up at the pub.. lol

doc may have had a shandy, but one shandy and you reek like a brewery.maybe some one should have given dick barrie a breath test all those years ago. cos he talked some pile of crud..

worky last week, bandits this week. maybe rye house next week, who knows just where the next form of entertainment will come from

someone mentioned British speedway is a professional sport. how can it be when the B.S.P.A. ru(i)n it..

There are just far to many incidents in meetings nowadays that lead to fans standing about getting fed up.Medical cover is expensive but has to be improved.The powers at be are not doing anything in the sport that would attempt reduce accidents ,you could say that track conditions caused Wethers accident last night as a lot of riders were struggling on the exit to the 4th bend and Liam just pulled a slight locker and Matty clipped him.People are fed up be told the paramedics are tending to the riders (we know that).better arrangements have to be put in place to compensate for these situations should they arise.What happened to the Medical room that was going to help these situations at Berwick I have never seen it in use.In the case last night to bring in a Doctor from outside is admiral but standing on the terrace waiting for him at 9.10 with 6 heats having been run you knew that the meeting would never get 15hts in due to the curfew let alone there being another delay,perhaps Berwick should seek council permission to extend curfew when this happens as an emergency cover.At the end of the day the fans were short changed again only seeing 10 heats. Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 5

There are just far to many incidents in meetings nowadays that lead to fans standing about getting fed up.Medical cover is expensive but has to be improved.The powers at be are not doing anything in the sport that would attempt reduce accidents ,you could say that track conditions caused Wethers accident last night as a lot of riders were struggling on the exit to the 4th bend and Liam just pulled a slight locker and Matty clipped him.People are fed up be told the paramedics are tending to the riders (we know that).better arrangements have to be put in place to compensate for these situations should they arise.What happened to the Medical room that was going to help these situations at Berwick I have never seen it in use.In the case last night to bring in a Doctor from outside is admiral but standing on the terrace waiting for him at 9.10 with 6 heats having been run you knew that the meeting would never get 15hts in due to the curfew let alone there being another delay,perhaps Berwick should seek council permission to extend curfew when this happens as an emergency cover.At the end of the day the fans were short changed again only seeing 10 heats.

Sums everything up, it is to be hoped that the issues will be addressed by Berwick Speedway for next week against Peterborough, or in the near future at least.