Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Trees

Lakeside V King's Lynn 20th June 2014

Tomorrow!

Kings Lynn without 3 record breakers so in comes Scotty Nicholls for Yellow Ken, Jan Gravesen for Niklas and Lewis Blackbird for Gating Gloves Kerr boi ...

Such a surprising and good win by the Stars at Lakeside in May, really enjoyed standing on the back straight close to the action so off we go again in hope of win number 15 ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

I thought we'd get stuffed last time but was pleasantly wrong :oops: but this time....?

Can Niels get another full house?

Can Lewis B do a Lewis K?

Can Nicholls do MUCH better than he did at Lynn last night?

Can Graversen get ANYTHING?

Can Robert remember not to pull off the track if there's 3 in a race?

On the plus side at least we have Lewis R instead of Mallett but we'll need all the above to be 'yes' and Rory and Robert to do at least as well as last time!

Edit :originally posted on the KL thread but should be here!

Edited by Star Fever

Can't imagine Lakeside will be able to find a suitable gurst at such short notice, R/R looks likely.

Hope the meeting still goes ahead though as I'm leaving work early travelling down for this one. Nice cockles at Lakeside.

Can't imagine Lakeside will be able to find a suitable gurst at such short notice, R/R looks likely.

I agree. I hope Davey is ok and makes a speedy recovery.

I believe we also have Ben Barker guesting for Lewis.

Edited by Mjolnir

Why are Lewis, Porsing and Bjerre missing when Hans, Harris and Milik all riding for their EL and in the qualifiers?

Why are Lewis, Porsing and Bjerre missing when Hans, Harris and Milik all riding for their EL and in the qualifiers?

Porsing is riding in the Danish league. As for the other two, obviously not as committed as Bomber and Hans.

Porsing is (apparently) riding in a Danish league match. No idea why Bjerre & Bridger are absent for a quailifier if others aren't.. unless theirs is further away maybe? :blink:

Porsing is (apparently) riding in a Danish league match. No idea why Bjerre & Bridger are absent for a quailifier if others aren't.. unless theirs is further away maybe? :blink:

Not sure where Bjerre is riding but Lewis has to be in Poland and I am pretty sure practice at 12 noon so not much chance of making it if he rides at Lakeside, Friday.

On the basis of Lewis and Davey's home form of the last two weeks they will be virtually irreplaceable.

• Like 1

Porsing is riding in the Danish league. As for the other two, obviously not as committed as Bomber and Hans.

Depends on which way you look at.The other two Bjerre and Bridger are obviously more committed to furthering themselves and try to get into the GP series.

Anyway back to the meeting,hoping to see a Stars win but will be tough.

Can't see Bech scoring as bad as he did last time,and it will take something for Iversen to get another maximum around there.But you never know.

Edited by tellboy

Because it's my birthday Saturday I've decided to treat my self with a drive down to and stay over in Lakeside. I think with both teams weakened anything could happen. Think the stars will nick it by a couple of points in the last few heats. Just need to keep Lambert on the track

Feeling rather more optimistic but it's purely down to the fact Davey & Lewis are missing for Lakeside. Nicholls should do enough in place of Bjerre and Blackbird for Kerr is a great option. Jan Gravesen in place of Porsing isn't great but he didn't score well on his last visit anyway so

44-46 to the mighty Stars

Best wishes to Davey Watt, not seen any news as yet but hope it's not as serious as initial reports. Get well soon fella

Well if Watt is out that evens things up a bit.Porsing missing is a big blow as even though he didn't get too many there last time he has been in great form since that meeting.No disrespect to Graverson who is a solid PL rider and is a decent gater on his day but is not in Porsings league.

On our last visit to Lakeside Porsing blew his engines since then he's never looked back - I'm sure he'd score more than3 this time around he's a massive miss tonight

• Like 1