British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Ipswich Witches Pl Sun 22/6/14 @3pm

If our "number 1" matches Barkers 13 tomorrow I'll run a lap of Foxhall pre meeting Thursday in my birthday suit!

You won't see paid 14 from Heeps this year either it's really sad to see the lad struggle so badly after having such a promising year last year.

I do think we'll win tomorrow, and that's because I think our reserve pairing is a lot stronger than Glasgow's and that will see us through.

Possibly.

Heeps was awesome at Glasgow last year, Risager less so. A good match in prospect and for the second Sunday in a row it should be dry. Kasper could be busy covering for the heat leaders!

• Like 1

How things change.

An hour ago I decided enough's enough, I'm not going tomorrow.

Now?

I want to go to see if the track doctor is p!ssed.

• Like 5

He must be having a laugh at our expense........ unless the Monarch's promotion are paying us to lower his average for next season ? If our No 1 doesn't score 10 or more in this meeting, I'll not be back at Ashfield while he's still in the team. Lemon no more. W002-bert now in my last chance saloon. Bring back George Stancl and Shane P. At least they tried their hearts out for the Tiggs.

He's not even lowering his average, he's in meltdown!

Having been battered at Scunny and spectacularly grabbed a defeat from the jaws of victory at Worky I can only imagine that the Witches confidence will be pretty low for this encounter !

Had we won last night I would have given us a great chance for some points but I think we are ripe for the taking .

We have massive potential but humongous great inconsistency which is our downfall at the moment !

Mid table mediocrity rules once again after everyone else catches up with their meetings in hand .

I think I might be hugely disappointed yet again after tonight , im not optimistic .

This will be a tough meeting... Which Kevin will turn up ? hopefully last week's Kevin and not last night's Kevin , same for Rusty, Will Christian be riding? Can Fox score points for us or is it only when against us? so many variables, so many inconsistencies, guess I will just have to turn up and hope for the best, wish we had Dimitri :(

He must be having a laugh at our expense........ unless the Monarch's promotion are paying us to lower his average for next season ? If our No 1 doesn't score 10 or more in this meeting, I'll not be back at Ashfield while he's still in the team. Lemon no more. W002-bert now in my last chance saloon. Bring back George Stancl and Shane P. At least they tried their hearts out for the Tiggs.

Stancl broke down most meetings June to August other than his first season hence we dismissed him for Craig Watson when patience ran out. Not that Wato was any better, infact he was p1sh at Ashfield for that year and duly returned the following season with Newport or Birmingham and rattled in some very decent points.

Time to salvage some worthwhile points from this tour.

Need to cut out the patches in away meetings where we concede a run of 1-5s.

Come on boys you know you are good enough now go out and show it.

Tigers 40 Witches 50.

Up the Witches!!

Beautiful morning . After our heat leader's display last night i'm a bit more full of trepidation about this one . Theo and Rusty will be okay today , hopefully , but God knows what we'll get from Herr Wolbert .

• Like 1

Stancl broke down most meetings June to August other than his first season hence we dismissed him for Craig Watson when patience ran out. Not that Wato was any better, infact he was p1sh at Ashfield for that year and duly returned the following season with Newport or Birmingham and rattled in some very decent points.

Yeah..... and back in the days when we actually qualified for the PL Pairs, George and Shane did the biz. It's going to be pretty lonely as a Tigg at the OTA next month ! Still, there'll be quite a few triers from other teams to watch and admire.

Yeah..... and back in the days when we actually qualified for the PL Pairs, George and Shane did the biz. It's going to be pretty lonely as a Tigg at the OTA next month ! Still, there'll be quite a few triers from other teams to watch and admire.

Unfortunately George did little else unless it was in April, August or September when his engines were working. It also helped that it was on his home track.

We qualified in 2011 and won it.

I'm sure you could cheer on the home team, Plymouth, Berwick and Sheffield to keep you amused!

Edited by MD

Was looking forward to todays meeting but after the performances at Somerset & Ryehouse not sure what to expect now

but something has to be done I thought Wolbert had turned the corner after last weeks performance but the promotion must

look at dropping him. He must be the worst ever tigers no1. in history if not certainly in my time.As somebody posted earlier his best home score

was in the KO cup which doesnt count towards his average you often wonder if he is dropping his average to go back to the dark side heaven forbid

I was told after our match against Scunthorpe he went to see the Monarchs at Newcastle and was standing in the crowd with them.

I personally think its time for him to go but who is there to replace him,with poor crowds the promotion must be running at a loss for the season

so far,I know there was a good crowd last week but over a 100 of them were complimentaries,so the promotion are between a rock & a hard place.

crowds will only get worse if we keep losing and maybe even the hardcore fans may even stop going to ashfield,because I certainly dont like going to watch my

team get beat every other week and who knows the promotion might decide to pull the plug and There might be NO Glasgow Tigers & I certainly

dont want that to happen.Hopefully today there will be a big crowd on a nice sunny day

CMON THE TIGERS

Was looking forward to todays meeting but after the performances at Somerset & Ryehouse not sure what to expect now

but something has to be done I thought Wolbert had turned the corner after last weeks performance but the promotion must

look at dropping him. He must be the worst ever tigers no1. in history if not certainly in my time.As somebody posted earlier his best home score

was in the KO cup which doesnt count towards his average you often wonder if he is dropping his average to go back to the dark side heaven forbid

I was told after our match against Scunthorpe he went to see the Monarchs at Newcastle and was standing in the crowd with them.

I personally think its time for him to go but who is there to replace him,with poor crowds the promotion must be running at a loss for the season

so far,I know there was a good crowd last week but over a 100 of them were complimentaries,so the promotion are between a rock & a hard place.

crowds will only get worse if we keep losing and maybe even the hardcore fans may even stop going to ashfield,because I certainly dont like going to watch my

team get beat every other week and who knows the promotion might decide to pull the plug and There might be NO Glasgow Tigers & I certainly

dont want that to happen.Hopefully today there will be a big crowd on a nice sunny day

CMON THE TIGERS

There's a natural distrust of Wolbert because of his poor performances and his Edinburgh past . All that makes 2+2 add up to even more than 5 . But it's easy to let paranoia take over and make us suspect there is more going on with Wolbert than just disappointing displays .

Hopefully the Wolbert from last week will take to the track and we can get some good home scores out of him at least .

We have exciting young talent in the shape of Anders and Dimitri ( when he returns ) to enjoy . They are the future and we have to keep turning up to ensure there is a future .

All sounds a bit paranoid. Wolbert rode for Edinburgh for a couple of seasons and I'm sure has friends and sponsors there he keeps in touch with.

As for us there's nothing personal but its time to say thanks for your efforts KW but things just aren't working out.

All sounds a bit paranoid. Wolbert rode for Edinburgh for a couple of seasons and I'm sure has friends and sponsors there he keeps in touch with.

As for us there's nothing personal but its time to say thanks for your efforts KW but things just aren't working out.

Not just Kevin. Our "top" half scored 8+2 last night. The "bottom" half scored 33+3. Something is not right. Big thanks to Palm Toft for his efforts in the stripes.
  • Like 2