British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Birmingham Brummies 25/6/2014

P155 Poole has a better ring to it.

Hope the weather stays fine, booked a B&B for a couple of days, shan't be happy if it pees down................

Been 30 years or so since i was last in Poole.

Are air horns allowed?... bringing an industrial strength one with me

Where's the best viewing

Brummies are on the up, all down to track conditions.. if it suits us we should win by at least 10 :P

Covatti in ht 15 :drink:

Forcast atm is very good, yes you can use Airhorns I don't know otherwise. Its up to you where you sit, but if you do want a seat the main grandstand on the home straight is best. you can access it via any turnstyle. Track conditions will not suit you, and you'll go home pointless .but you'll have an enjoyable night... :party:

Forcast atm is very good, yes you can use Airhorns I don't know otherwise. Its up to you where you sit, but if you do want a seat the main grandstand on the home straight is best. you can access it via any turnstyle. Track conditions will not suit you, and you'll go home pointless .but you'll have an enjoyable night... :party:

Well I'm sick of the home straight, would love to stand on the exit of turn 2, my favored position....

go home pointless? you said that last time we were here.... what was your prediction last time Coventry were here :P;)

• Like 1

Well I'm sick of the home straight, would love to stand on the exit of turn 2, my favored position....

go home pointless? you said that last time we were here.... what was your prediction last time Coventry were here :P;)

Your welcome to stand there, but the pit lane is for our sponsors.. We were far to complacent and it won't happen again, and we got beat by a better team on the night, V KL.

Edited by Starman2006

. Track conditions will not suit you, and you'll go home pointless .but you'll have an enjoyable night... :party:

Are you not putting any shale on it then?

We are bringing Woofy with us to plant spuds in the ruts...

"You meet the nicest people at Birmingham Speedway"

Edited by Nigel

Are you not putting any shale on it then?

We are bringing Woofy with us to plant spuds in the ruts...

"You meet the nicest people at Birmingham Speedway"

Glad to see you are making the trip, Have you got a team to bring with you??! :shock::wink:

Glad to see you are making the trip, Have you got a team to bring with you??! :shock::wink:

Cheeky bugger :P

Air horns are allowed - I used mine to great effect for Smoli in last years GP Quali Final. As for viewing - plenty of choices!

Been to "Screw Fix" this morning and they aint got any air horns in stock... .........collection of expletives *%$£@"* ...so its either its a trip to Tamworth or Poole Parkstone branch on the way down, setting out tomorrow morning, Which part of the track do the Brummie fan/fans gather? kitten

• Like 1

We will piss birmingaham

:rolleyes:

Potty mouth.

• Like 3

I quite like to stand on turn 3, you tend to see a lot of action on the first 2 corners and turn 3 covers it quite nicely. There is a town centre less than a mile from the stadium with a range of fast food outlets if you'd like something to eat. KFC, Subway, McDonalds, Burger King, all the usuals and then some.

If you are the quiet kind you may enjoy a picnic down Poole Park, again less than a mile away from the stadium, with plenty of greenery to sit on and play area for the little ones. If you want something a little more exciting there is a decent out door karting track at Matchams raceway, although it's about a half hours drive away. If the sun is shining don't forget to check out Sandbanks, not only the largest natual harbour in Europe but also the seaside home of many people with much more money than I'll ever have!

And of course there is plenty do in between. Our local paper is http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk and they usually cover various different activities in town each week.

Enjoy your stay! :)

• Like 1

Many thanks "Settings"

" "Speedway people are good people"

Edited by Nigel

Bartosz Zmarzlik will be at no 1 in the Brummies team

Any other team news? The Brummies website is strangely quiet!!

Any other team news? The Brummies website is strangely quiet!!

Shh! there keeping it a secret, dont tell everybody. Barty is number 1 Ive seen that somewhere.

Pirate Oliver, on 21 Jun 2014 - 1:55 PM, said:snapback.png

We will piss birmingaham

I'm pleased to see this post has been removed. It does Poole fans no good whatsoever and quite rightly, just antagonises people.

Good luck to both teams and I hope the weather is good for both sets of supporters to enjoy a few beers on the Quay :drink::wink:

• Like 1

Pirate Oliver, on 21 Jun 2014 - 1:55 PM, said:snapback.png

I'm pleased to see this post has been removed. It does Poole fans no good whatsoever and quite rightly, just antagonises people.

Good luck to both teams and I hope the weather is good for both sets of supporters to enjoy a few beers on the Quay :drink::wink:

And now you've put it back again :)

• Like 1