British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Birmingham Brummies 25/6/2014

Well that was hard to watch, an EL team taking apart a PL team, one heat winner all night, thanks Simon.

We had a lovely day in Poole and then went to the speedway, nice chat outside as usual to the regular bunch at the door, sat in a different place away from the moron we sat by last time.

Then the action began, thought we were in trouble from Heat 1 but pulled it level in heat 2, started to get hopeful two heats gone and we were not behind, then we let you win heat 3 kept in at 4 points in heat 4 how Ward stayed on his bike and didnt take some of the other riders with him in the first corner Ill never know when he reared up. broke his bike though.

Then we let you get 3 5-1s on the spin, trying to lull you into a false sense of security, heat 9 we got a 3-3 and then started to pull it back in heat 10 with barker on the tactical 5-3 to the Brummies, (I could see some of the Pirates supporters looking worried, it could have been wind), and then it all fell apart 3 5-1s and 4-2 by heat 14 and we knew we had lost the away point, damn.

We got a consolation in heat 15 by getting a 3-3 and stopping Milik getting a max, I said at the start we wanted to get 30, 32 was even better.

Track was a bit rough, the first bend they were bouncing across the track on the inside, no water went down and there didnt seem to be a lot of shale on either, still its the same for both teams and the much better team won.

Had a good chat to the Poole people around us, there not all bad you know. See you in the play offs.

• Like 5

As we wanted to get home, anybody get the last race time. Thanks.

Good luck to the Brummie boys. I sincerely hope it all works out well and speedway continues at Perry Barr.

Ht 15 M. Janowski B. Barker D. King V. Milik 3-3 (60-32) (61.47)

• Like 1

Is this forum full of poor wretches who only come on here to slag off speedway? are their lives so mean and dismal they never have anything good to say....how sad.

Did we all go to the same meeting? I was stood on bend 2 ...Track didn't look rough to me, bags of dirt on it, looked well watered and I certainly did not see much more dust that one sees at other tracks on hot days... there was some good racing, Ht 15 was a cracker... the Poles and Milik are great entertainment around their own muck heap. Ward took the piss out of Barker with his come and pass me gesticulation.... not as though it would bother him.

If I had known the composition of the team I certainly would not have traveled down to Poole, with 2 nights B&B for 2, petrol etc, its a bit expensive to see a team that had no hope, we were beaten before the tapes rose. As soon as I walked into the Brummies pits I saw Autys face and not Nermarks, oh dear, first I knew about the team changes..........the pits were rife with rumour ...That Tony Mole was taking over the Brummies

our choice of guest was probably limited as I suspect riders were worried that they would not get paid.

Brummies,

King was poor

Barker put up more fight

Auty fought all the way, never stopped trying

Nico deserves some praise, he threw everything at it especially Ht 14 but it didnt work for him

The reserves were reasonable.... but I am no fan of this new format

With Nermark and Barty it would have been a lot closer!

• Like 1

Woulden't your performance at work be likewise if you thought you'd be out of a job possibly the next day ?, no Brummie rider is deserving of any flack in the circumstances.

It probably would be but why not say that? Trying to blame the track is poor.

Hi - Can any Poole fans provide me with an email address for Matt Ford and or Neil Middleditch? Rather than make it public I'm happy for PM's - it really is rather important that I make contact (a very genuine reason) - can anyone help?