British Speedway Forum

I was at Brandon last night and I challenge you to come and stand in sections 2 and 3 the second stair way along and tell me the PA isnt too loud, its painful on your ears, every time you or yorkie start to speak people cringe from the loudness of the Pa, turn it down a couple of degrees.

Its the same at Perry barr in the bar, the music is supposed to be background music, not a bloody disco.

Come on stand where the supporters are and have a listen when Yorkie starts rabbitting.

ITS TOO BLOODY LOUD.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Rant over, well done to David Rowe from tuesday he will be doing the Swedish meeting taking over fron the other bloke who has no idea.

• Like 1

I was at Brandon last night and I challenge you to come and stand in sections 2 and 3 the second stair way along and tell me the PA isnt too loud, its painful on your ears, every time you or yorkie start to speak people cringe from the loudness of the Pa, turn it down a couple of degrees.

Its the same at Perry barr in the bar, the music is supposed to be background music, not a bloody disco.

Come on stand where the supporters are and have a listen when Yorkie starts rabbitting.

ITS TOO BLOODY LOUD.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Rant over, well done to David Rowe from tuesday he will be doing the Swedish meeting taking over fron the other bloke who has no idea.

In the stand by the tapes the speakers were humming the tannoy was far to loud and I don't where my hearing aids because the volume is ridiculous.

Regards tony

• Like 1

At Cov the speakers are all operated independently and they have a sound technician so any problems just let a steward know and they will let him know. I know the main volume was dropped at some point on Friday as Rich told me on the way home.

At Brum it's a bit different the outside is all one volume so if it's lowered in a loud area then someone complains in a quiet area they want it turned up (eg turn 4) but the individual bars have their own controls so again if it's uncomfortable in the bar just ask the bar staff to turn it up or down.

Most stadiums need a big upgrade sound wise to cope with modern music presentation styles as they haven't been upgraded in years but then money is tight in the sport generally. Brum's so poor on the home straight that we have had to source seperate external PA speakers to ensure the home straight can always hear. A few seasons ago it used to go on and off during the meeting which was really bad.

Not passing the buck but we just plug into the existing systems and they are controlled by the stadiums but we're happy to try and get the message across. With Yorkie he has a volume level he is used to hearing himself at through the tannoy so if he's on quieter he then speaks louder, His mic had an issue again this week due to some problem caused by the dogs so fingers crossed should be sorted for next meeting for his pits interviews.

Apologies for any issues, we are working at both tracks to do everything in our power to make the presentation the best it possibly can be but a lot is out of our control.

Edited by Chris BART Simpson
  • Like 2

At Cov the speakers are all operated independently and they have a sound technician so any problems just let a steward know and they will let him know. I know the main volume was dropped at some point on Friday as Rich told me on the way home.

At Brum it's a bit different the outside is all one volume so if it's lowered in a loud area then someone complains in a quiet area they want it turned up (eg turn 4) but the individual bars have their own controls so again if it's uncomfortable in the bar just ask the bar staff to turn it up or down.

Most stadiums need a big upgrade sound wise to cope with modern music presentation styles as they haven't been upgraded in years but then money is tight in the sport generally. Brum's so poor on the home straight that we have had to source seperate external PA speakers to ensure the home straight can always hear. A few seasons ago it used to go on and off during the meeting which was really bad.

Not passing the buck but we just plug into the existing systems and they are controlled by the stadiums but we're happy to try and get the message across. With Yorkie he has a volume level he is used to hearing himself at through the tannoy so if he's on quieter he then speaks louder, His mic had an issue again this week due to some problem caused by the dogs so fingers crossed should be sorted for next meeting for his pits interviews.

Apologies for any issues, we are working at both tracks to do everything in our power to make the presentation the best it possibly can be but a lot is out of our control.

Thanks for the reply Chris any thing you can do to lower the volume would greatly appreciated

Regards Tony

Loving the fact the music is more up to date, bit more atmosphere.

Wish Riders would be interviewed out of pits and mic never works in there

• Like 2

Good work Chris, I must admit when I first started going speedway again a few years ago I wasn't such a fan of your work, I guess your presentation was just different to how i remembered speedway being in the "good old days"!

I actually love what you do now and it definitely adds to my enjoyment of coming to Brandon. Me and the Mrs always have a good laugh at some of the tunes you play "don't let me start without you" for a tapes offence is a favourite! Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Thanks fellas good to hear its appreciated. Some people dont like the associated jingles but each one is thought out. Its just getting in sync with our warped minds thats tricky at times to identify the link.

With the playoffs looming Brandon should be bouncing again soon. Who knows I might even throw in a War Cry, although that probably wont suit everyone ;)

1,2,3,4 let us hear the Brandon roar. B E E S Bees.

We chanted that for more years than I care to remember. Try bringing it back.

• Like 2

1,2,3,4 let us hear the Brandon roar. B E E S Bees.

We chanted that for more years than I care to remember. Try bringing it back.

No don't. I'd love to see chanting back at speedway but it needs to be modern. Listen to the Polish Speedway & football etc. Please not this 1-2-3-4 crap

• Like 3

Was really pleased to see you both back at Coventry this year after the dreadful start to the season.

The volumes around the stadium need sorting, I went around and saw some friends on both bends and on the back straight and it was like someone turns the volume up and down, why can't it just be consistent. Appreciate it's not your doing though if you simply turn up and plug in.

I have done a few meetings at Perry Barr this year too and some parts of the outside are really quiet. The bar was nice and loud I thought, not overpowering at all. Mind you the bar has it's own volume control and can turn it up or down if they wish or if people ask.

The main bar in Coventry on Friday was a bit too quiet so you didn't really get the announcements too well.

I guess if the volume is too quiet or loud where you stand or sit, you can always move somewhere else, it's not like many stadiums are so full they are turning people away at the moment.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply, but as before you want the supporters to sort it out, you have the word of the management, we dont, so as one of the blokes who chat on the mic, why cant you sort it out.

Again go and listen to the PA from the supporters point of view, it probably sounds a lot different to you on the centre green.

Have a walk into the stands and get yorkie to chat to you from the pits or centre green and listen to the disco we the supporters have to try and talk across during a meeting.

Perhaps its not falling on deaf ears, I suppose the possibly is that you are deaf. :t:

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply, but as before you want the supporters to sort it out, you have the word of the management, we dont, so as one of the blokes who chat on the mic, why cant you sort it out.

Again go and listen to the PA from the supporters point of view, it probably sounds a lot different to you on the centre green.

Have a walk into the stands and get yorkie to chat to you from the pits or centre green and listen to the disco we the supporters have to try and talk across during a meeting.

Perhaps its not falling on deaf ears, I suppose the possibly is that you are deaf. :t:

I can't sort it out mate because the only speakers we have direct control of are the big ones on the dog track at Brum. At Cov I can't be on and off the track checking volume levels all the time as the have a sound engineer for that, it's his role to roam the stadium and check its appropriate. And re me having the word of the management I've been chasing Charlie at Brum for nearly a week now lol.

And Yorkie wise as I explained if he's turned down then he will just talk louder as he's used to hearing himself at what he deems an acceptable level.

Music wise and loudness wise we, again are guided by the promotion, it's a double edged sword, too loud alienates the oldies but then they want to encourage the youngsters and entertain them. But are there any youngsters? Maybe so at Coventry but definitely not at Brum.

It very hard to please everyone mate. Every week at Brum someone approaches me re how quiet it is on turn 4 but if we turn it up on the master then someone on bends 1 and 2 or in the bar will complain it's deafening and the bar staff won't be on the ball enough to adjust it.

We can but try........

• Like 1

cant hear a thing in the bar at brandon, which is fine as we don't have to listen to yorkie!

the sound has needed sorted for years, they are not going to fix it now.

i wonder is it the level or the fact that you dont play perry como?

• Like 2

Chris, you'll never hear me complain at Brum about how loud it it lol as you know its usually the other way around. xx

• Like 1

Chris, you'll never hear me complain at Brum about how loud it it lol as you know its usually the other way around. xx

So come and stand near me, directly opposite some speakers! :o