British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fish keeper

Wolves V King's Lynn

Understand what you're saying, but if you had a 2nd string scoring that well, why would you want to change him????

I wouldn't want to change him,but some teams would change their riders to get what they wanted.

Like Poole with Milik?

Well you've said it now,i didn't want to say that because you know what might come now.That's why I used Lambert as an example :D.

I wouldn't want to see Lynn get rid of any of their riders even if it could improve the team.

To me you start the season with what you think is the strongest team you can get,so you should finish it with the same team,barring injuries of course.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 2

Well you've said it now,i didn't want to say that because you what might come now.That's why I used Lambert as an example :D.

I wouldn't want to see Lynn get rid of any of their riders even if it could improve the team.

To me you start the season with what you think is the strongest team you can get,so you should finish it with the same team,barring injuries of course.

My sentiments exactly.. ......

• Like 1

Because second strings have 'inflated' averages there would be nothing to stop Poole for example replacing Milik & Josh G with Hancock and KK if they increased there averages sufficiently by beating other second strings and FTR's. Hypothetically of course. Which can't be right.

Cheque Speedway has always been the order of the day down Dorset way

• Like 1

Because second strings have 'inflated' averages there would be nothing to stop Poole for example replacing Milik & Josh G with Hancock and KK if they increased there averages sufficiently by beating other second strings and FTR's. Hypothetically of course. Which can't be right.

In theory they could do that, but in reality it would be more difficult. If Milik and Josh G reached the sort of averages needed to facilitate Hancock and KK, then they would be promoted to heat leaders way before that, and then be racing against stronger opposition. For this theory to be possible, both Magic and Pawlicki would have to make significant increases to their scores .. And if they were achieving them scores then why would you want to change ............

Totally agree.A stand out 2nd string would face a reserve twice and second string 3 times and should increase his average quite a lot.

GRW123 if they went to the heat leader position they still hold the average for a month which is plenty of time to get another rider sorted.

Alternatively they get their inflated average on the 23rd of the month which is the cut off date.So say June 23rd he gets an inflated average which doesn't come into effect until the 1st July he continues as 2nd string until 30th June.But come the 1st July he is replaced by a better rider because he has the inflated average,and don't even get the chance at riding as a heatleader.

• Like 1

Like Poole with Milik?

Cant see why Poole would want to release Milik as who else is there?

Cant see why Poole would want to release Milik as who else is there?

Neither can I. From what I've seen he's having a fine season. Unfortunately for him he's having it at Poole and history tells us that won't be enough if Ford spots an opportunity.

• Like 2

Some people seem to be forgetting that the second strings do also partner and ride against the Number 1, 3 and 5 as well as the opposing second strings and reserves. They are not all 'easy' rides, so any improvement in their averages is well deserved imo!!

Edited by Skidder1

Not all easy rides but still an easier format for second strings this year than last. Some kind of weighting should have been thought of in the winter to reflect this.

• Like 1