British Speedway Forum
OILYRAG

Something Got To Change (sheffield)

Stead , no complaints

Poole , expensive average wise for the points return , and should be getting back in the swing by now , not to mention how unreliable his bikes are.

Lanham , same as Poole and not even doing it on the tric tracks that he is supposed to be good on

Compton , didn;t do it at reserve ... so not gonna do it in the team

Procter, nightmare

Nielson , 4 points is a decent night for him which says it all but there is signs of improvement.

Bates , scores plenty of points ... for any team apart from Sheffield

This is not a pop at the new promotion because it looked a decent team on paper before the season started.

Not got any names as replacements but somethings got to happen !

Edited by OILYRAG
  • Like 1

IMO we shouldn't have got rid of Roynon in the first place.

As for who, the obvious shout would be Ben Wilson for possibly a reserve berth. Saying that, Nielsen seems to be slightly improving and it's Bates who's a cause for concern now. Other than that, I'd get rid of Proctor possibly for another double-downer!

Robert Lambert maybe needs PL racing to improve at EL level??

Edited by Tony The Tiger
  • Like 1

Shouldn't have got rid of Roynon

As its turned out though we would have had to replace Roynon anyway.

Edited by OILYRAG

I think its inevitable that changes will be made when the next averages come out.I cant see how proctor is scoring more in the All stars ( elite ) league than he does for us in the premier !!!!!!!! I would keep him on a 6 point average though.Lanham and poole have not pulled up too many trees with poole more likely to be replaced as lanham has connections with the promotion.Are the new promotion going to take a chance on a young Pole,Swede or Dane ? Who could we get in ? Anton Rosen would do a job for my money but is he available Thursdays ? Anders Mellgren ? Whatever happens the promotion wont be sat doing nothing about it. A losing team is not good for business.

• Like 1

Roynon wouldn't have made a difference though? He's been awful for a long time now, yes injurys played a part, but he's still been nowhere near his average consistently, this season he was averaging 4. Odd but riding over 7 then just under.

I think everybody knows that something needs to be done and we going have to make changes.

I am not too sure where I would make the changes but I think that realistically to improve the team and who and which riders would be available is not clear.

But looking at the riders true averages for fixtures for this season, these will be nothing like the rolling ones that they use for Team Building purposes, but give a true reflections of the scores that when they have ridden for Sheffield this season.

Simon Stead Home Average 10.22 Away Average 8.91 Overall Average 9.58

Leigh Lanham Home Average 6.30 Away Average 4.88 Overall Average 5.60

Ty Proctor Home Average 4.33 Away Average 4.44 Overall Average 4.38

Andre Compton Home Average 6.50 Away Average 5.63 Overall Average 6.13

Taylor Poole Home Average 4.14 Away Average 3.23 Overall Average 3.67

Simon Nielsen Home Average 3.38 Away Average 3.27 Overall Average 3.33

Josh Bates Home Average 3.60 Away Average 4.16 Overall Average 3.85

Adam Roynon Home Average 5.85 Away Average 5.33 Overall Average 5.60

All of those averages do not include bonus points.

Looking at those figures only Simon Stead, Andre Compton and Josh Bates are performing to their true potential, the rest were or are not doing that and that is where we possibly need to see changes.

Lanham has been awful. Poole looks promising in patches but his bikes seem too unreliable and its frustrating to see Josh top scoring for Leicester and picking up only the odd point for us. As for Proctor, a total disaster so far but I think he'll come good.

hope sheffield make the right changes to make them more competitive, but wait until after the cup match on thursday.

Proctor was making starts tonight but didn't appear to have the speed and was being passed to easily. If he is struggling for speed at a tight track like Brough then he is bound to find it tough at Sheffield. Absolutely no lack of effort though and he is obviously a miles better rider than he is showing at the moment. Must be massively frustrating for him. Hope he can turn it around soon as he should be a strong heat leader in the PL.

• Like 1

Stead , no complaints

Poole , expensive average wise for the points return , and should be getting back in the swing by now , not to mention how unreliable his bikes are.

Lanham , same as Poole and not even doing it on the tric tracks that he is supposed to be good on

Compton , didn;t do it at reserve ... so not gonna do it in the team

Procter, nightmare

Nielson , 4 points is a decent night for him which says it all but there is signs of improvement.

Bates , scores plenty of points ... for any team apart from Sheffield

This is not a pop at the new promotion because it looked a decent team on paper before the season started.

Not got any names as replacements but somethings got to happen !

You're starting to sound like me ;)

You're starting to sound like me ;)

He is about 1024.5 team permutations, short of you atm though, so your still infront, well done :)

IMO we shouldn't have got rid of Roynon in the first place.

As for who, the obvious shout would be Ben Wilson for possibly a reserve berth. Saying that, Nielsen seems to be slightly improving and it's Bates who's a cause for concern now. Other than that, I'd get rid of Proctor possibly for another double-downer!

Robert Lambert maybe needs PL racing to improve at EL level??

But for the so-called MC of the BSPA, he would now be a Diamond pushing for full international honours- something they seem to find less important than balancing their own personal agendas.

But for the so-called MC of the BSPA, he would now be a Diamond pushing for full international honours- something they seem to find less important than balancing their own personal agendas.

if the rules allowed lambert to double up I would hazard a guess everyman and his dog would had tried to sign him ,FACTS are the RULES don't allow it newcastle were never going to get away with it

• Like 2