British Speedway Forum
OILYRAG

Something Got To Change (sheffield)

it will be interesting to see what route the management go down when making these changes, will they go for a short term fix i.e. magnus karlsson(cannot think of many out there that fit this bill apart from him) or the long term route with an untried dane/swede on an assessed 7 pts whilst at the same time adding to the asset base.

I see that Michael palm toft has scored well in a couple of premier league guest outings this last week, maybe could be an option.

p.s. nice to see taylor among the points tonight, maybe the threat of being without a team place has shook him up.

I think that has got to be the end of the road at Sheffield for Leigh. I had high hopes of a seven to eight point average for him, but he'll be lucky to average five at this rate.

• Like 1

it will be interesting to see what route the management go down when making these changes, will they go for a short term fix i.e. magnus karlsson(cannot think of many out there that fit this bill apart from him) or the long term route with an untried dane/swede on an assessed 7 pts whilst at the same time adding to the asset base.

I see that Michael palm toft has scored well in a couple of premier league guest outings this last week, maybe could be an option.

p.s. nice to see taylor among the points tonight, maybe the threat of being without a team place has shook him up.

Palm Toft would have to give up his team place at Belle Vue, as they already have Worrall and Cook as doubling up riders.

In this week's Speedway Star, Damien Bates has said that any new signings will not be riders who have ridden for the club previously.

Some info from Speedway Star's Fantasy League. It shows points per match to start of season average, up to last Monday.

So for example, Josh has a start of season average of 3.00 and is scoring 3 points per match on average, irrespective of the number of rides.

Andre Compton 137.61%.

Simon Stead 117.90%.

Josh Bates 100.00%.

Simon Neilsen 91.74%..

Leigh Lanham 83.80%.

Taylor Poole 83.47%.

Ty Proctor 43.38%.

Ty looks to be returning to form and last night gave the best performance from a rider that I have seen in a long while.

The first 3 above are doing their job, so the next 3 are shown to be the ones under-performing.

This is purely a guess and not sure if would fit in the averages but release Nielsen and Lanham to bring in James Wright who is practicing again around the tracks and Anders Mellgren who is also fit again wanting to ride in the UK.

Mellgren or whoever scunthorpe release to fit him back into their team - Auty maybe?

Mellgren or whoever scunthorpe release to fit him back into their team - Auty maybe?

Lanhams knocking on now, sad to see him struggling as he was brilliant for newport. His three seasons with us he was one of the most exciting Wasps , certainly wasnt the gating tart he was made out to be made a few passes most meetings inside and out, his races with joe screen were superb.

Was a class performer in the pl days for arena too, was one of the best riders in the league when i first started attending.

Very sad to see him scoring 1's and 2's.

Ditto for Compton in some respects.

When I used to go to Sheffield more regularly he was the master of Owlerton and unbeatable, last night he got four but in two of his races was way off the pace.

Lanham rode quite well and got 8 or 9 I think, I think he will be ok at home, certainly in the old days for Arena he always rode quite well at Owlerton, in fact one classic inside pass of Sean Wilson springs to mind from about 2001 or 2.

I haven't been to Sheffield for about 2 seasons, even then I only went once in that season. I genuinely surprised how small the crowd was, I presume maybe 2nd leg symdrome and it being KO cup might have affected the crowd?

Edited by General Melchett

there is a nice number 6 race jacket waiting at workington for taylor poole. we need cover for ashley morris as his injuries could keep him out of action for a few months. sheffs lose, worky gain..

there is a nice number 6 race jacket waiting at workington for taylor poole. we need cover for ashley morris as his injuries could keep him out of action for a few months. sheffs lose, worky gain..

I'm pretty sure Taylor place is safe at Sheffield. Would be pretty pointless dropping him after he picked up some good points at Peterborough and will be at reserve come next month.

This is purely a guess and not sure if would fit in the averages but release Nielsen and Lanham to bring in James Wright who is practicing again around the tracks and Anders Mellgren who is also fit again wanting to ride in the UK.

Please no!

Even when he was at his best he looked all at sea round Owlerton.

• Like 1

No you can't have Josh! he's one of the Scunny crowds favourite riders. He's too special to us, been part of every team piece of silver wear we've won! Paid Max last night. Hes back on it now! You guess right he's my fav rider.

Ditto for Compton in some respects.

When I used to go to Sheffield more regularly he was the master of Owlerton and unbeatable, last night he got four but in two of his races was way off the pace.

Lanham rode quite well and got 8 or 9 I think, I think he will be ok at home, certainly in the old days for Arena he always rode quite well at Owlerton, in fact one classic inside pass of Sean Wilson springs to mind from about 2001 or 2.

I haven't been to Sheffield for about 2 seasons, even then I only went once in that season. I genuinely surprised how small the crowd was, I presume maybe 2nd leg symdrome and it being KO cup might have affected the crowd?

These were fortress sheffield days and I seem to recollect that things were changed deliberately to improve away performance. We've never recovered

As you put it like that, we'll let you keep him! Can we have Klindt instead please?