British Speedway Forum
OILYRAG

Something Got To Change (sheffield)

Yep, good move as well !!!

Sorry, have to disagree. Been there seen it failed. People were slating the possible re-signing of Richard Hall who is a far better rider yet are happy to see a gating tart re-signed.Unbelievable

Sorry, have to disagree. Been there seen it failed. People were slating the possible re-signing of Richard Hall who is a far better rider yet are happy to see a gating tart re-signed.Unbelievable

That's the problem with the team at present - we have too few 'gating tarts'

• Like 3

Ben is a far better rider than the Dane he has replaced,averages dont lie as they say

Plus it keeps Taylor Poole at reserve,who did look very good at Scunny the other night,far better than having Nielsen drop back down next month

decent move all round i think

• Like 2

Simon never seemed to get out of first gear at Sheffield.

His best score being 5 +1 twice and averaged 4.4 at home. I am sure Ben will score more than this very quickly.

Some talk recently of returning to "fortress sheffield". I remember Ben being part of this.

Lets hope he hits the ground running,we need him to be in the big points straight away because I think it will be a tough meeting tomorrow.Shame he cant start at reserve.

Taking the bottom three of the Sheffield team and their averahges from rides for Sheffield this season, we can see that this is not so much a gamble for the club.

Home

Taylor Poole 5.47 with BP and 4.55 without BP.

Simon Nielsen; 4.40 with BP and 3.60 without BP.

Josh Bates; 4.53 with BP and 4.00 without BP

Away

Taylor Poole 5.07 with BP and 4.00 without BP.

Simon Nielsen; 3.87 with BP and 2.97 without BP

Josh Bates; 3.75 with BP and 3.50 without BP

Overall

Taylor Poole 5.27 with BP and 4.25 without BP.

Simon Nielsen; 4.23 with BP and 3.32 without BP

Josh Bates; 4.00 with BP and 3.57 without BP

Out of the three Simon has looked the least comfortable around Owlerton, and I am sure that Ben Wilson can at least match or even more improve on them.

Ben is a far better rider than the Dane he has replaced,averages dont lie as they say

Plus it keeps Taylor Poole at reserve,who did look very good at Scunny the other night,far better than having Nielsen drop back down next month

decent move all round i think

I think the jury's out on the Ben Wilson signing: time will tell.

Might be a good omen though: Sheffield are always a better team when there's a 'Wilson' in the ranks!

I would definitely recommend Nico Covatti as a very good addition to the Sheffield team. Whoever takes him on will get not only a very accomplished and skilful rider but also a wholehearted battler who interacts superbly with the supporters.

• Like 1

I really hope my lottery numbers aren't the same as yours on Saturday. Unbelievable.........

As you seem to be in the minority regarding Ben, you will have to tell us us all what you would like served with your Humble Pie

• Like 2

I think that Ben Wilson proved a point tonight.

Two full seasons out of the sport and a handful of National League meetings.

He not only goes out in heat 1 and gains a paid win behind his team mate, he also beats the opposing number 1 who is in the Team GB starting line up.

He then goes on to score in every race, gets yet another paid win

Not bad for a start from Ben. .

• Like 4

I really hope my lottery numbers aren't the same as yours on Saturday. Unbelievable.........

As you seem to be in the minority regarding Ben, you will have to tell us us all what you would like served with your Humble Pie

No need for humble pie, well done to the lad. I'm not going to deny I would have preferred someone new to Owlerton.

But, If you read my post again, my main gripe was the number of fans on here criticising the possibility of re-signing R. Hall using the "been there, seen it, time for something new" catchphrase then the same fans welcoming the re-signing of B. Wilson, who, has also "been there, seen it".

p.s. it didn't stop me attending or cheering him on.

p.p.s. haven't done the lottery in years

• Like 1

I would definitely recommend Nico Covatti as a very good addition to the Sheffield team. Whoever takes him on will get not only a very accomplished and skilful rider but also a wholehearted battler who interacts superbly with the supporters.

Definitely very good news 2 argentines riders sign for Sheffield (Frank and Nico) :t:

Great meeting last night good to see most of the team firing.Taylor and Ty doing what they were brought in for.Hope Ty isn't injured,he was on fire last night.Nasty looking crash,glad to see him get up.Well done to Ben Wilson,great return but I hope it continues.The score flattered Newcastle with Ty,Steady and Andre dropping big points.Well done to all the team.Think we will miss Steady for 4 meetings world cup week which isn't ideal just when we getting our season started.