British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wilsonpaul198

Lions On Sky

I think different types of shale from different parts of the country have variations in clay content. Which affects how the material binds and the level of grip. If memory serves me right Glyn has posted in the past that the track's successful drainage means that a lot of the clay content gets washed out of the track. Like I said he knows his stuff.

What should have been an opportunity to showcase all the hard work put in by so many people to revive the Lion's will simply only highlight the poor track and the extremely boring version of speedway on offer. However a positive outcome from this might be that DH may finally listen to the views of others. The be grateful/stop moaning/don't go if you don't like it argument doesn't really wash anymore. We're well into the fourth season now. For the reputation of the Lions and the sport in the city, something needs to be done. Just because a lot of us choose not to go anymore doesn't mean we don't want Leicester Speedway to flourish and have a bright future. We can dream.....

Totally agree with these comments. We are taken for granted plus the slickness of organising an FIM meeting disappears for the normal league meeting. Nevertheless,at present I will continue to put the club before any one individual. Changes required though!!!!!

Announced today the adission for the match is £10 across the board, season ticket holders get 2 free programmes to make up for the reduction. Hope it works to fill the stadium. It would have made more sence to do a little bit more for season ticket holder other that 2 free programmes though. Not sure how many there are this year though. So maybee it is not that many programmes to give away.

Announced today the adission for the match is £10 across the board, season ticket holders get 2 free programmes to make up for the reduction. Hope it works to fill the stadium. It would have made more sence to do a little bit more for season ticket holder other that 2 free programmes though. Not sure how many there are this year though. So maybee it is not that many programmes to give away.

Hemsley would have to pay me a tenner to come along when I can watch it for free at home.

Hemsley would have to pay me a tenner to come along when I can watch it for free at home.

You know what Robert72, you can be really rude sometimes, also, it's NOT free at home, unless you are stealing someone's Sky Sports.. or you're using one of the tramps links on the interweb!!

• Like 1

You know what Robert72, you can be really rude sometimes, also, it's NOT free at home, unless you are stealing someone's Sky Sports.. or you're using one of the tramps links on the interweb!!

Why am I rude when I am just being honest.

If hemsley put his ego away & gave punters like me value for money then I would want to go even if it was on tv.

Do you not understand that he is killing the sport in Leicester

If hemsley put his ego away & gave punters like me value for money then I would want to go even if it was on tv.

Wasn't he the one that helped bring it back?? :shock:

Be very careful what you wish for.

Wasn't he the one that helped bring it back?? :shock:

Be very careful what you wish for.

Yes and the one to close it because he no longer has enough fans left to make it pay.

• Like 1

Yes and the one to close it because he no longer has enough fans left to make it pay.

Perhaps he is sick of people constantly bickering at him about the track, i know i would be.

As i have said be very careful what you wish for.

Same goes at Birmingham - if you want to stay away as a protest do so.

But don't whine if the option to pull racing at either track is permanently pulled because people don't support it.

Explain the large crowds that go then.

• Like 1

I at least had the manners to call you Robert72, and not call him Hemsley, that's the height of uncooth behaviour, but that doesn't bother you 72, does it....Oh, I forgot, we don't know your real surname, do we, never trust anyone with the surname 72.

Edited by Shale Searcher

I at least had the manners to call you Robert72, and not call him Hemsley, that's the height of uncooth behaviour, but that doesn't bother you 72, does it....Oh, I forgot, we don't know your real surname, do we, never trust anyone with the surname 72.

Well mr searcher, it clearly seems you are related or in love with the guy as you defend him yet don't see his refusal to change the track as damaging to the sport.

Explain the large crowds that go then.

It's clear you didn't go the first season then

Perhaps he is sick of people constantly bickering at him about the track, i know i would be.

If it was my business and I had the amount of unhappy customers he has got I would do something to make those customers happy and hope it would bring the customers who no longer support my business back again.

Well mr searcher, it clearly seems you are related or in love with the guy as you defend him yet don't see his refusal to change the track as damaging to the sport.

It's clear you didn't go the first season then

If it was my business and I had the amount of unhappy customers he has got I would do something to make those customers happy and hope it would bring the customers who no longer support my business back again.

Whenever i have been the crowds are good (an envy to plenty) and i have enjoyed the meetings.

I guess happy customers don't count eh!

Okay Steve...I'll take you up on that. How many times have you been to Beaumont Park and which matches?

• Like 1